Should we wipe the B2O Conan Exiles Server - Please vote

Should we wipe the B2O Conan Exiles Server?

• Yes I want a fresh start

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No I put to much goddam work to get here

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No matter to me playa'

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Hey all,

Yesterday we were discussing whether or not to wipe our Conan Exiles Server which would remove all player built structures and player progress.

If we were to do this it would equate to everyone starting at the desert and starting from scratch.

I think this is a pretty big decision so we'd love to hear from you on the matter.

Some points to consider in making your decision:

Our Conan Exiles Server has sat mostly empty for well over 6 months now. Typically what seems to happen is we see all there is to see and then stop playing until a new region is added.
  1. If we were to experience all there is new in the game at our current level we will likely become bored again and stop playing within weeks or possibly a month.
  2. If we were forced to re-level and rebuild it would delay this boredom (potentially) and keep the Server active much longer.
This would also give us a chance to possibly explore new Server settings as I really want to test keeping the the Player in the Server while logged out.

This would force all of us to be safe upon logging out as AI can kill you unless you do so. It just adds another I think vital element to RPG and forces us all to ensure we're safe even when offline.

Anyway just some food for thought.

Please vote and if you have any thoughts on the matter we'd love to hear them.

Thank you.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I don't know, you guys want to wipe today?

I'd like to hear Wappy chime in as well as it sounded as if there may have been good counterpoints at his end.

E

ElektroVodka

Yeah i'm fine with it.

The ftp info on their control panel is wrong tho so we can't save the world it seems.
There is a red button that says complete wipe tho.

E

ElektroVodka

Disregard the last part of my previous message, found my way into the ftp.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
OK so it appears as if it's just a simple matter of re-installing the Server and selecting the option Full Wipe.

I've copied the Server Config and Server Name files so it shouldn't take too long to do.

Lastly, how do you guys feel about keeping your player ingame 24/7? I think this adds a bit more Survival RPG to the game as you'll need to ensure your safety before logging out.

E

ElektroVodka

I'm fine with my body remaining there, not like i can't build a shack early on.

Jerad

TS3 SA
I had already been playing under the assumption that our bodies persisted on logoff either way so I am good with either way.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Wiped.

Also testing Player remains in world after logging out. This should amp up the RPG element a bit I think.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Well I think the wipe was a great idea. I've spent a good portion of the weekend already ingame and it feels rewarding again just re-discovering the land and leveling up.

Honestly I don't miss what we had in the slightest.

little P

Super Mod
Yeah just wanted to echo that Duke. Really glad we started from scratch, I've had a great time. I'm hopping off now, not been going mad trying to level quickly just been enjoying myself and having some great solo adventures, near death escapes, midnight runs, it's been really relaxing and just well... fun.

I figured out how to thatch the roof of my home next door to you and keep it in the style I wanted, pretty pleased with the results.

Next thing will be to collect some resources to stock up for a trip to do some sightseeing :)

E

ElektroVodka

Wappie shpuld train his Crocs. They're constantly attacking us from his yard

little P

Super Mod
Hahaha yeah I was thinking the same thing, he really needs to put a lead on them or at least fix his fence. I am sorry Wap but I've had to bop them on the head a few times now so they realise I'm not to be eaten. I'm your neighbour dammit not a food source!

They were so cute as babies too.

Kitlope

Hardcore
I haven't played since the first couple months the game was released and I've been wanting to give it another go. Sounds like an opportune time and I'm sure it's much different now and naturally better (is gathering plant fibre still fucking painful?). I have a week or two left of this long assed shut-down then I should jump in with ya guys for a night!

Jerad

TS3 SA
I haven't played since the first couple months the game was released and I've been wanting to give it another go. Sounds like an opportune time and I'm sure it's much different now and naturally better (is gathering plant fibre still fucking painful?). I have a week or two left of this long assed shut-down then I should jump in with ya guys for a night!
I did the same thing. They have added so much since the EA launch. Fiber is still a bit of a pain, but I just make a habit of nabbing some as I am traveling around. I also think there is a tool (sickle?) later down the tech tree that lets you farm it easier.

E

ElektroVodka

Yeah i noticed the sickle in the recipes. Not sure if it actually works like a tool. Or if they made it weapon only.

Hey Kitty how have you been bud! Still in the fields?

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics