Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

The second iRacing Special Event of 2018 kicks off in one month!

This is a Team Event. Two drivers minimum!

Track:

Daytona International Raceway - Road Course
3.56 Miles (5.729 km) - 12 Turns

Date: 20-21 January, 2018

Race Times:
Saturday 13:00 GMT / 08:00 EST

Race Length: 24 Hours

Prototype

Corvette C7 Daytona Prototype
Nejtun Cameron @Nejtun
iR: 2343
Jes Colman @Jes_971
iR: 1493
Ken Lindberg @Duke
iR: 2646
Davey Riendeau @Fromthenavy
iR: 2545
Dino Topic @Slider
iR: 3454

GTE

Ferrari 488 GTE
Debra Bennett @Deb
iR: 1571
Marc Gammack @Skid_Marc_
iR: 2878
Matt Holmes @Brainling
iR: 1620
Bedo Magardichian @Bedo
iR: 3156
Reid Westphal @reid
iR: 1338

Ford GT GTE

GT3

Ferrari 488 GT3
Michael Belyea @afroducks
iR: 2443

Mercedes AMG GT3
Denis Savretić @SavreticD
iR: 4310
Noël Lüneburg (Alt) @Noodleguitar
iR: 4866
David Krikorian @dkracer
iR: 4267
Hans Mohr @ShadniX
iR: 1636

**Please read!**
Drive Time and Team Registration

SCHEDULE

The above schedule now has an "Availability" tab!
  • Please put an "X" in the hours which you are available to drive during the race!
  • Please add the number of consecutive stints you are willing to drive (1, 2, or 3) in the bottom row of the chart!

Please note that just adding your name in this thread, or on this list, does NOT guarantee a seat in the actual race. You MUST show up to group practice sessions before the event! Band of Others' #PracticePals will still primarily focus on BSS practice, especially on Monday, so please plan on slightly earlier/later practices, or even separate practices for Special Events! The final teams will only be made up of drivers that practice and actively participate in this thread! In 2017, we were usually pretty late getting everything sorted. The sooner we can confirm everyone who is racing, the sooner we can finish the schedule and finalize paints!

Last edited:

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Just a note about practice;
iRacing IMSA Official series will be running Daytona starting the 16th, the week leading up to the iRacing Daytona 24.

Let me know when you guys are practicing and I'll try my best to be there when you are around. Working evenings can be a complete pain in the butt so makes it hard to practice during the day.

Oh, stick me in the Ferrari (GTE) as most of my experience is in that car.

I'm going to hold off on announcing my decision until I can actually be on proper pace for GTE. If I can't then I'll drive GT3. I'll make my decision within reasonable time, maybe by the end of this week.

Last edited:

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Let me know when you guys are practicing and I'll try my best to be there when you are around. Working evenings can be a complete pain in the butt so makes it hard to practice during the day.

Oh, stick me in the Ferrari (GTE) as most of my experience is in that car.
No problem, Ryan. Getting together once or twice is helpful, especially in to the last week leading up to the final event (ensuring everyone is in the right car, running the right race setup, and is comfortable with it), but as long as you stay current on the setup you dont have to make every practice.

If you give a heads up in this thread (preferably 24 hours) before you do have time to practice, you may be able to get a group together!

If anyone wants a hosted session, feel free to PM me! (Again, advanced notice generally required!)

I can do 2 - 3 stints in a row in the C7 and as many as needed, hopefully another 2 drivers for the C7 to spread things out a bit

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I can do 2 - 3 stints in a row in the C7 and as many as needed, hopefully another 2 drivers for the C7 to spread things out a bit
OK then I'll move over to the C7 @Nejtun as most of the other Teams seem to have enough the exception being Audi. I can drive double stints but would rather stay away from a triple unless absolutely necessary.

Since I stream the entirety of the event I'm up for the start and have no problem running it if you want. I can pretty much do whatever needs doing during the day but prefer not to drive at night at all if possible.

I also wouldn't mind a few hours late afternoon/early evening EDT to have a bite to eat and maybe take a short nap.

If possible I'd like to stick around 6 stints but will take a few more if required.

Sounds excellent Ken! So if Dino confirms we would preferably need one more so that everyone can run during the daytime or times suited to them, Glad to have you start the race if it is fine by the rest of the team :) Double stints are probably best for me as well , just put down triples in case we were severely light on drivers but 2 stints back to back would stave off the fatigue

The one thing I can say for sure is that I would like to be classified as a "class 2" driver. Drive time window will be 1300 GMT - 0300 GMT, 0700 GMT - 1300 GMT. I'm implementing a strict bladder regiment (which means drinking less coffee) to allow myself to drive double stints.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
OK then I'll move over to the C7 @Nejtun as most of the other Teams seem to have enough the exception being Audi. I can drive double stints but would rather stay away from a triple unless absolutely necessary.
I was going to put you down as an Alt for the C7, because you did say "Anything", but, ironically, I thought maybe that was a little far-fetched... :p

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Created a Google Doc and added an "Availability" tab at the bottom! Please fill the top graph in with the times that you are available, and how many stints you can do consecutively!

@PancakesYUMMY can you confirm the AEST times? Either I had AEST times listed as AEDT for the last race, or I had them labeled wrong. Not really sure..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipeshmetier
Top Bottom