Nejtun

@Jes_971 best I had on an empty track was a 1:38.8 on full fuel with the setup i shared. Hopefully we can all do some more laps after practice pals tonight and all using one setup or another so we can get one we all like to start off with at least.

I think 1:39s all race long would be more than enough but bear in mind the GTE's will have that pace at the start of the race at least as the times between the two classes are very very close.

Slider

Hardcore
I've uploaded my R and Q setups for the Ford on the spreadsheet. Felt pretty good in the IMSA race, so just adjust the fuel levels. Don't have one for C7.

Been feeling pretty crap last few days, so I'll start practice in a few days from now.

afroducks

Casual
I want to drive the 488 GT3. I will be on call but im sure ill be able to race at the moment. I have a stable setup from last season.

Jes_971

Hardcore
Definitely feeling more consistently faster with your set @Nejtun . I was switch the 40's and 39's around and thats what I was running before on average. I also realized I ran this stint without the diff preload and front toe changes we made. lol

Nejtun

I want to drive the 488 GT3. I will be on call but im sure ill be able to race at the moment. I have a stable setup from last season.
Got you down for the 488 GT3 Michael, still a lot of people that haven't chosen their car yet but would you be interested in driving something else if there are no other takers for that car?

Brainling

Hardcore
I've been practicing in the 488 GTE and I'm a little miffed with my times. I can do low 1:41's at Daytona in the 488, but right now I can't break a 1:43. I'm watching my own ghost car drive away from me. Just need to focus on my braking and throttle technique a bit more. I know the line, probably better than any track in iRacing, just need to stick it. Oh well, I figure by race day I'll be back down in the 1:41's.

Nejtun

I've been practicing in the 488 GTE and I'm a little miffed with my times. I can do low 1:41's at Daytona in the 488, but right now I can't break a 1:43. I'm watching my own ghost car drive away from me. Just need to focus on my braking and throttle technique a bit more. I know the line, probably better than any track in iRacing, just need to stick it. Oh well, I figure by race day I'll be back down in the 1:41's.
What was the temp for your ghost lap Matt ? as night time can go as low as 18c , default is 26. worth keeping in mind as it can make quite a difference i think

Brainling

Hardcore
Maybe. I am getting really frustrated. My ghost car was 1.41:338 with an opt of 1.40:977...I can't break a clean 1:43 right now and it's pissing me off, which is causing me to push too hard, which is causing me to screw up. Is there a way to tell the temperature when the ghost lap was run?

Even on the straights though I'm watching my ghost drive away from me, almost like I'm down on horsepower or something.

Jes_971

Hardcore
Second session with your setup @Nejtun . This time I realized my brake potentiometer was dragging my brake so I reconfigured it and I think I might have gotten faster. There could have been something different about the session but I don't know. Don't know what the previous sessions parameters were.

Brainling

Hardcore
Bah, you were right @Nejtun, it was the weather. Kicked the temp and humidity down and immediately did a 1.41:5. Was even up on my all time best time a couple times before screwing up some corners.

Nejtun

if you had VRS running at the time you did your lap you can go back and check the weather on their site @Brainling and @Jes_971 those times are nice! was the weather right? historically iRacing uses default weather for whatever time of day they are doing the endurances on.

For night default it should be 26c , partly cloudy , north wind at 3 kph and 55 humidity. not sure about the track state.

Regardless of weather though, I think the best thing for all of us is just to churn out the laps and try to work out where we are inconsistent, race as close as possible with each other and do as many risky moves as we can work out ( people are going to do this and it helps to know what to avoid) , Ken and I did this on Monday and it really helped not to mention it is way more fun on a track like Daytona to have some close racing with someone else.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
if you had VRS running at the time you did your lap you can go back and check the weather on their site @Brainling and @Jes_971 those times are nice! was the weather right?
I believe this is no longer availible unless you're paying for VRS. I attempted to check Lap Data but wasnt able to.

Regardless of weather though, I think the best thing for all of us is just to churn out the laps and try to work out where we are inconsistent, race as close as possible with each other and do as many risky moves as we can work out ( people are going to do this and it helps to know what to avoid) , Ken and I did this on Monday and it really helped not to mention it is way more fun on a track like Daytona to have some close racing with someone else.
Nejtun is absolutely right. Overall pace is nice, but the important thing is to be comfortable with the car. The track is going to change so much as rubber gets laid down. Don't forget to double(triple?)-stint tyres, unless you're in the DP (Fuel and Tyres change at the same time in DP, iirc).

Going to jump online if anyone is intersted in some practice.

Jes_971

Hardcore
@Nejtun @Skid_Marc_ I totally agree with those sentiments. I just wanted to practice alone first and make sure I have my pace down when things are optimal. I'll be introducing myself to more tandem/group running now to practice traffic racecraft.

@Sam Roselaar Thanks, man!! Sadly after checking VRS the session I was in last night was 7 degrees celsius cooler than what its supposed to be. Don't worry, I'm not superman, just ill informed. lol

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

When joining a hosted session, make sure to *mouse-over* the "..." between "Description" and "Track". I've seen several hosted sessions on "Dynamic" weather settings. Try to find one with the weather settings Nejt mentioned above;
26°C/78°F, Wind N @ 3kph/2mph, RH 55, 0% Fog, Partly Cloudy

For example, of all the sessions up right this minute, at least 4/7 of them are Dynamic.

Nejtun

@Sam Roselaar I am going to be running this alongside practice pals (right after like Monday probably) So hopefully as many as we can get , if everyone is up for it then i will throw up a hosted if there is not a session up already.

We were really lucky on Monday as there was a session up with correct weather and more than 2 hours remaining, so we can check first but nice to get as many B2O in as possible so if there are enough of us it would be cooler to have our own session ;)

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads