don't count me out just yet :p

i want to join if it is even barely possible we can cut my stints back to 1 or 2 if it is absolutely necesary.
if i don't drive i can spot for 24h

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
don't count me out just yet :p

i want to join if it is even barely possible we can cut my stints back to 1 or 2 if it is absolutely necesary.
if i don't drive i can spot for 24h
I don't think you can drive 1 stint @Sam Roselaar because it's not fair share and we'll be disqualified because of it.

Does anyone know what the minimum fair share is for a 24hr event?

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Minimum drive time with 4 drivers is 1.5 hours (Race Time/# of drivers)/4..

(24/4)/4=1.5

2 stints in just about everything, although the DP will be right at the 1.5 hours.

only the driver that doesn't get the minimum gets disqualified to my knowledge, not the whole team.
but it's about the idea. we will find a way around it. we always do ;)

Noodleguitar

iRacing said:
The "Drive Your Fair Share" rule operates as follows: at least the minimum number of drivers specified by the session must drive the car a "fair share" of the team's laps, or the team will receive a post-race Disqualification. A fair share is currently defined as 25% of an "equal share" of the laps.

Bedo

Core
If anyone has a seat for me for a couple of stints, I'd love to contribute to a team effort. No preference for a car and will drive anything at whatever pace you need me to.
Mornings (EST time) work for me best, so race start and race close are ok. 3-4Hrs.

Deb

Matt, do you have a setup for the 488 GTE? Looks like we'll be joining you for the 24 Hour. If you do, please post it and we'll practice with it.

Bedo

Core
Drove the 488 GTE last night for a bit. The car is easy to drive but tricky to drive fast. The top 5 times were in the 41s. Seems like you have to get on the power really early and not be afraid to push it through the corners. There is a lot of aero grip. Stopping is tricky. Requires a lot of finesse on the brakes and easy to overslow the car.

Also Ken doesn't own a red coat and I didn't get a clear answer if Marc likes potatoes or not.

If anyone has a seat for me for a couple of stints, I'd love to contribute to a team effort. No preference for a car and will drive anything at whatever pace you need me to.
Mornings (EST time) work for me best, so race start and race close are ok. 3-4Hrs.
You will drive GTE?

Deb

Denis, Marc updated and consolidated the teams last night since some teams didn't have enough drivers. It is on the first page of this thread. The GTE drivers are:

Ferrari 488 GTE
Debra Bennett @Deb
Matt Holmes @Brainling
Bedo Magardichian @Bedo
John Navara @John Navara
Reid Westphal @reid

Ryan Walker

Casual
Sorry for not being around to help with testing much at the moment but have been testing when I can. Work is busy and having to do overtime but will start testing properly this weekend from Sunday on wards since I'll more time on my hands.

Brainling

Hardcore
Sorry for the late reply, I've been sick for a couple of days.

I've been practicing with the late 2017 S4 setup Craig Williams posted in his discord. I renamed it for the 24h as a v1 so we can adjust from there. It probably needs weather updates as the races I was in during S4 were 18C, not 26C.

I can safely do 1:42's on that set with fresh tires, if I pushed I could get a 1:41, but that's low fuel, pushing for qualy laps, not race laps. I think at the end of runs, especially as the track slows down, 1:43's and 1:44's will come in to play. Last year the track slowed down a ridiculous amount in the last 12 hours.

As Bedo rightly pointed out, brakes require practice in the GTE, it's nothing like braking a GT3 car. Try different modulation techniques going in to turn 1 and see what works for you. It's a great turn to practice the tricky braking. Success and failure are super obvious in that corner.

Attachments

Deb

Thanks Matt, I'll pass it on to Bedo and Reid and give it a try tonight if I can. I practiced some last night and was running in the high 1.42s to low 1.43s on baseline with a few adjustments to wing, TP, etc. The brakes are quite different, so seems you have to move your braking point back and brake easier. The car has amazing turn in though and I don't feel like I am fighting it at all, so all in all it might be a great choice for a 24 Hr race. There were hardly any GTEs in the session I was in, so I couldn't get a good comparison on time but I would think ideally, a good goal is in the 1.41s, although I may need some draft to get there ;)

Brainling

Hardcore
I'll be on practicing tonight and seeing if I can tweak it a bit for weather. It's already pretty okay but I think we can get a little better power off with some tweaks. I'm personally going to run the brake bias back a touch, but that will be an in car setting for me that I'll adjust as the race goes on, not something we need to bake in to the set.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
For right now, I'm going to pull @Slider to the Ford GTE team, to give all teams 4 drivers. Sorry Dino, but thanks to everyone for being flexible!

However, we could still use a 5th driver cover the Daytona Prototype team in case @Sam Roselaar has to back out with his knee. Fingers crossed that he can take it easy and make the race!

Also, for #PracticePals tonight, make sure everyone, who is has fuel buddy, is RUNNING Fuel Buddy tonight, and make sure to save the .csv file. The forum will not accept .csv files, so just upload them in the iRacing File Browser (*right-click "iRacing" channel -> "File Browser" -> "2018 Endurance" -> "Daytona24" -> "Setups" -> [Car You're Driving]).

Noël needs this info to create fuel schedules, and I'll need the fuel schedules to make the driver schedules!

Thanks! See you guys tonight!

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics