dub_713

Casual
yes, and other things. I think I made things better. I think the overall stability of the car is better. It has less oversteer on throttle so some sections where you throttle a little might be a bit slower but overall it seems better.

try it and let me know what you think :)
I'm about to start turning laps to get some fuel info, so I'll give the setup a run for a bit as well.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
yes, and other things. I think I made things better. I think the overall stability of the car is better. It has less oversteer on throttle so some sections where you throttle a little might be a bit slower but overall it seems better.

try it and let me know what you think :)
I'll be on tonight and let you know what I think.

From staff

As we continue to try and improve Special Events, both from a technical point of view and for users, we are making the following change to the Nurburgring 24 – only Amsterdam servers will be used for both of the time slots. In the past the majority of participants have been from Europe so this should improve their experience.

Slider

Hardcore
In the past of what? Endurance events? VLN? Everything? Vague of them as usual :p

Any practice tonight? Could someone post that Craig Williams Audi setup?

From staff

As we continue to try and improve Special Events, both from a technical point of view and for users, we are making the following change to the Nurburgring 24 – only Amsterdam servers will be used for both of the time slots. In the past the majority of participants have been from Europe so this should improve their experience.
Dutch servers! woohoo!:D
there is no way this event can go wrong now

I have done quite a bit of practice but i can't quite get up to your pace @Noodleguitar . I can get around the low 30/31's and to be fair i don't even think that's bad, you're just an alien Noël :p. I can battle and drive around in traffic safely, but as usual i'm not the most fuel efficient driver. I'll be joining wednesday and friday to drive with you. @Noodleguitar @Fromthenavy

Brainling

Hardcore
My ping to the dutch servers is surprisingly not terrible, so I guess that change is okay. It makes sense that most participation in these events is Europe. Bit inconvenient for us Americans but probably a beneficial change overall.

We US drivers just need to remember we're going on the wrong side of the ping war now, so drive accordingly.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I have added fuel charts for 3 cars to the schedule. Let me know if something seems off.
Awesome, thank you Noël! Will hopefully get schedules for those cars sorted by tomorrow. Unfortunately, with @Kelley G 's withdrawl, I'm not entirely sure what to do with the remaining Audi drivers, unless there is a miraculous @Anson Bennette sighting, and he is willing to step in and save the day? #NoPressure

Will need input from @Slider and @Hydromani, as well as the Ferrari drivers @Duke @afroducks @Brainling @LoucMachine @dub_713 @Rees Wagen ;

If Dino and Morahn are willing to switch to Ferrari, is 8 drivers enough to split the Ferrari team in two? Or not? There isn't a wrong answer here, that is 6 hours of driving per driver on average (over the course of 24 hours, of course!). I know some people will be okay with that, some people may be capable of more, some of less. Be honest with yourself about how much driving you can reasonably do. I will be home overnight, so if there is a team that needs a 5th driver through the night EDT times, push comes to shove, I'll do my best to help out.

The good news is that there is a lot of green on the availability chart! I really appreciate you guys being able to put aside so much time for this event, and being willing to be flexible. It really helps out!

I only need availability from two other drivers; @LoucMachine and @Rees Wagen , so please, when you guys get the chance, just paint in your availability for the race on this chart!

Last edited:

Hydromani

Casual
I will give the Ferrari a try and see what I think/feel comfortable with it. I will let you know by tomorrow evening if I will switch or not.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics