Nejtun

Sub channels for all 4 teams in TS , password is 'sheep' all lower case , if you want a quiet place away from the main channel for the start of the race or just away from the chitter chatter of 16 or so people :p , password is just there to stop random spammers from coming in and destroying your concentration.

Do not feel forced to use these, just there as an option :)

Slider

Hardcore
Guys, I'm so sorry for dropping out before driving last stint. Power was cut in my neighbourhood in the wee hours to clear damage done by the storm and to reduce disruption...well then....if you guys finish, awesome work! It was tough. Remind me to never do a Nordschleife race again, please. I want to keep my hair as long as possible.

Brainling

Hardcore
I logged off this morning really annoyed and frustrated. This track is so difficult to get right and for the first 12 hours we basically did...and then it started falling apart. Two complete imbeciles and some mistakes later and our race was trashed.

As usual with these events though I woke up after a power nap this morning with a fresher perspective. Did our race turn out as we had hoped? Not really. Did we still complete one of the most difficult events in sim racing, with three people, and a car still moving in a mostly forward direction? Yep. Did we beat the team that ultimately ruined our race? Yep. Was it still an incredible experience, one that I will continue to throw myself in to every time one of these events comes up? Yep.

Up next: Spa.

Bedo

Core
And did i see that correctly, almost a lap before 2nd place ?
Assuming both teams fairly incident free, was that all fuel saving / pit strategy ?
It was mostly being consistent on strategy and pace. The other teams either had issues or their pace just added up over time. The most time is eaten up by optional repairs. Other than the first corner we managed to avoid all incidents.

Here are some screenshots for the soon to be published report:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ss1Od9d5ybOKyXCr1

Fromthenavy

TS3 SA
What a grueling 24H, thanks again for all the hardwork put in by everyone. We were in a really good position at the start and then I got in. Felt pretty bad that @Sam Roselaar didn't have the chance to drive a fresh car, I know how frustrating that can be. We made the most out of it and scraped up a podium finish in 2nd split with a 3 man team, that I'm proud of. By far the most driving I have done in an endurance race, and the most in VR for me as-well. Lots of fun, near misses, laughs and AFTRACKS. Thanks again everyone, this wouldn't be possible without this great team. Big shoutout to @Skid_Marc_ @Duke and @Noodleguitar For the organization, skins and hours invested into each and every event. I don't have the free time that I used to, putting in my dues with work and my side business to make it all pay off down the road (hopefully).

Next one I'll try to get some more practice and one more thing...

setup felt great

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD