1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

[Special Event] 2018 iRacing 24 Hours of Nürburgring

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Skid_Marc_, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

I've added a Fuel Info sheet to the schedule, and filled it out as far as I have the info. Will make schedules (probably) tomorrow.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  2. Fromthenavy

Fromthenavy TS3 SA

I'll be on for sure tomorrow for some practice. I've turned a few laps in the Porsche and feel pretty comfortable in it. @Noodleguitar is it just you, Sam and I in the porsche?

3. dub_713

dub_713 Casual

I'm about to start turning laps to get some fuel info, so I'll give the setup a run for a bit as well.

4. afroducks

afroducks Casual

I did 5 laps in the Ferrari and the projected laps were 8.13 (13.52L per lap) with no draft..... @Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar likes this.
  5. Slider

Slider Hardcore

Can you post it here please?

@Skid_Marc_ I've updated my availability once more. Event I was going to be on is cancelled and can now attend the full race, pending any last minute calls from work.

6. Brainling

Brainling Core

I'll be around all week to practice, as usual before our big events.

7. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

It seems like it's us 3, @Fromthenavy . What kind of setup were you running? I've mostly stuck to 1 setup for the Porsche since the early days of the car with fairly high wing, shared it here.

8. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

I'll be on tonight and let you know what I think.

9. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

I have added fuel charts for 3 cars to the schedule. Let me know if something seems off.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  10. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

From staff

As we continue to try and improve Special Events, both from a technical point of view and for users, we are making the following change to the Nurburgring 24 – only Amsterdam servers will be used for both of the time slots. In the past the majority of participants have been from Europe so this should improve their experience.

Sam Roselaar likes this.
  11. Slider

Slider Hardcore

In the past of what? Endurance events? VLN? Everything? Vague of them as usual :p

Any practice tonight? Could someone post that Craig Williams Audi setup?

12. Hydromani

Hydromani Casual

Here is the setup...

Attached Files:

13. Kelley G

Kelley G Casual

Just got the official word from work that I will be working all weekend :(. Gonna have to bail on this one.

14. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

Dutch servers! woohoo!:D
    there is no way this event can go wrong now

I have done quite a bit of practice but i can't quite get up to your pace @Noodleguitar . I can get around the low 30/31's and to be fair i don't even think that's bad, you're just an alien Noël :p. I can battle and drive around in traffic safely, but as usual i'm not the most fuel efficient driver. I'll be joining wednesday and friday to drive with you. @Noodleguitar @Fromthenavy

15. Brainling

Brainling Core

My ping to the dutch servers is surprisingly not terrible, so I guess that change is okay. It makes sense that most participation in these events is Europe. Bit inconvenient for us Americans but probably a beneficial change overall.

We US drivers just need to remember we're going on the wrong side of the ping war now, so drive accordingly.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  16. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

Awesome, thank you Noël! Will hopefully get schedules for those cars sorted by tomorrow. Unfortunately, with @Kelley G 's withdrawl, I'm not entirely sure what to do with the remaining Audi drivers, unless there is a miraculous @Anson Bennette sighting, and he is willing to step in and save the day? #NoPressure

Will need input from @Slider and @Hydromani, as well as the Ferrari drivers @Duke @afroducks @Brainling @LoucMachine @dub_713 @Rees Wagen ;

If Dino and Morahn are willing to switch to Ferrari, is 8 drivers enough to split the Ferrari team in two? Or not? There isn't a wrong answer here, that is 6 hours of driving per driver on average (over the course of 24 hours, of course!). I know some people will be okay with that, some people may be capable of more, some of less. Be honest with yourself about how much driving you can reasonably do. I will be home overnight, so if there is a team that needs a 5th driver through the night EDT times, push comes to shove, I'll do my best to help out.

The good news is that there is a lot of green on the availability chart! I really appreciate you guys being able to put aside so much time for this event, and being willing to be flexible. It really helps out!

I only need availability from two other drivers; @LoucMachine and @Rees Wagen , so please, when you guys get the chance, just paint in your availability for the race on this chart!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  17. Brainling

Brainling Core

I prefer more drive time not less, but that's just a personal thing. Six hours over the course of a 24 is right up my alley.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  18. Hydromani

Hydromani Casual

I will give the Ferrari a try and see what I think/feel comfortable with it. I will let you know by tomorrow evening if I will switch or not.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  19. Slider

Slider Hardcore

LoucMachine likes this.
  20. LoucMachine

LoucMachine Casual

updated set

Attached Files: