Slider

Hardcore
the wheel is good. i've been racing with it for 2 weeks now it think. money well spent!
my only complaint is that there are 2 huge gaps on top for cooling which is just a cookie disaster waiting to happen. ;)
now i'm looking to upgrade my pedals, but i've got no idea where to start.

i'll hop on tonight we can do some laps.

btw, i've added my availability to the chart without breaking the whole thing! yay me!
I have Fanatec V3s, very happy with them.

I saw you rooting around in there... quickly Copy/Pasted a back-up .docx;)
yeah i saw you there, i can't say i blame you, i already fucked it up once:D

I have Fanatec V3s, very happy with them.
those look great but i'd have to save up some money cuz i'm broke. my main problem with my current pedals is the potentiometers (if that's what they're called....)
and just about any pedals out there without them are quite expensive.

Noodleguitar

I added my availability to the chart and stated I can drive at any time but would prefer not to drive after midnight if possible. As always I will do so if required but certainly hoping it's not required.

All I ask @Skid_Marc_ is you please remember I'm pushing 50 and this track makes me tired. Please don't triple stint me and (if possible) keep my stints to singles. Having said that, if double-stinting is the best way to save time in the Pits then I'll do it but I won't like it lol.
You shouldn't have to worry about double stinting tires in a GT3 car. The track is slippery afternoon so your tires will be shyte pretty much by the time you first get onto the Nordschleife.

In the Porsche it may or not may be worth it. For this car, we also have to keep in mind it could probably do 9 laps (it could easily do that at the VLN layout). And if it makes sense to do 9-lap stints, 18 laps on 1 tire set might be a bit much (around 2h33m!).

You shouldn't have to worry about double stinting tires in a GT3 car. The track is slippery afternoon so your tires will be shyte pretty much by the time you first get onto the Nordschleife.
Its so nice to drive on 30% of the tires :) :) Hehe no way I would do that,+3 laps ok but full stint nope

Please add Volker to the chart,I dont know how and I dont want to mess with that,I will break something there

Kelley G

Casual
Talked to work and there is a possibility I may end up with the weekend off. Still a little to early to confirm for sure. I have managed successful laps in both MERC and FERRARI just on baseline setup so those are both safe bets for me. If someone could share an audi setup its what I would prefer to drive but I am struggling to get a clean lap out of it.

Tried to make it out last night but ended up in a screaming match with my pedals so.....

reid

Casual
As of right now I am unable to race the Nord 24 -- having hardware issues. Does anyone know why I would not be able to talk on TS all of a sudden? My mike works in iRacing and on the Windows sound software, but not TS.

Brainling

Hardcore
Cleared that weekend, no daddy duties, so I'm available for the whole race. Would like to start getting a handle on who's driving what because I feel like I'm going to need two weeks of practice to get comfortable in the Porsche if we have enough to field a Porsche team.

ShadniX

Core
(...) Does anyone know why I would not be able to talk on TS all of a sudden? My mike works in iRacing and on the Windows sound software, but not TS.
Just guessing: Wrong capture device selected in the Teamspeak options? (for whatever reason - might be as simple as plugged the USB mic into a different USB socket - that will show up as a different device)

LoucMachine

Casual
Drivers from previous events that aren't on the list yet:
Michael Belyea @afroducks
Lucas Biron @LoucMachine
Gregor Eevardi @Saytex
Denis Savretić @SavreticD
Reid Westphal @reid
I am definately in for this event ! Sorry for not being here often :( I am making an update on another thread, But I ve been practicing with the mx-5 then the porsche. So I'll be at ease with those cars and I had much practice with gt3 cars way back so if there is no porsche or mx-5 teams who needs a driver, I can race gt3 also :)

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
So, just an update, we have 7 drivers in the Mercedes AMG GT3, 6 drivers listed for the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car, and 2 drivers listed for the Audi R8 LMS.

I know that @Duke and @Brainling will be trying out the Ferrari 488 GT3 car Wednesday, maybe trying the Audi could be an idea as well? @Kelley G (fingers crossed) and @Slider are currently the only team under-manned. If Ken and Matt stick with the Ferrari, then both teams will need a little help. Not sure if @afroducks is interested in this event? Also, haven't seen a response from @Anson Bennette, yet (if I missed it, I'm sorry!).

Don't forget, as soon as you guys complete a full fuel run, please note the following information so @Noodleguitar can make his fuel charts;

*Fuel Buddy users, make sure you're running Fuel Buddy in the background before you run your laps. When you're done with a full fuel stint, click "Save" and then "CSV Folder". Find the latest .CSV file and upload it to Team Speak's file browser, if you can (I don't think you can upload .CSV files to the forums, yet? @Duke )

*Fuel Calculator or KAPPS users, you can get your Liters per Lap number from either the "Usage Per Lap" (FC) or "Average" (Kapps) section of the calculator.

The information Noël needs for each car;

Car
Average Lap Time
Full Fuel Capacity
Fuel Usage (preferably Liters per Minute)

Time for 4-Tyre Change
Time for Full Fuel Stop
Fuel and Change Tyres simultaneously? "YES"/"NO"

Kelley G

Casual
So, just an update, we have 7 drivers in the Mercedes AMG GT3, 6 drivers listed for the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car, and 2 drivers listed for the Audi R8 LMS.

I know that @Duke and @Brainling will be trying out the Ferrari 488 GT3 car Wednesday, maybe trying the Audi could be an idea as well? @Kelley G (fingers crossed) and @Slider are currently the only team under-manned. If Ken and Matt stick with the Ferrari, then both teams will need a little help. Not sure if @afroducks is interested in this event? Also, haven't seen a response from @Anson Bennette, yet (if I missed it, I'm sorry!).

Don't forget, as soon as you guys complete a full fuel run, please note the following information so @Noodleguitar can make his fuel charts;

*Fuel Buddy users, make sure you're running Fuel Buddy in the background before you run your laps. When you're done with a full fuel stint, click "Save" and then "CSV Folder". Find the latest .CSV file and upload it to Team Speak's file browser, if you can (I don't think you can upload .CSV files to the forums, yet? @Duke )

*Fuel Calculator or KAPPS users, you can get your Liters per Lap number from either the "Usage Per Lap" (FC) or "Average" (Kapps) section of the calculator.

The information Noël needs for each car;

Car
Average Lap Time
Full Fuel Capacity
Fuel Usage (preferably Liters per Minute)

Time for 4-Tyre Change
Time for Full Fuel Stop
Fuel and Change Tyres simultaneously? "YES"/"NO"

If the audi doesn't have a full team I would be willing to jump into a Merc or the Ferrari as well. That being said my practice to this point has been in the Audi so I am most comfortable with it. Planning on being on for Practice tomorrow as my rig will be 100 percent complete (will post pics later today hopefully).

Just to note I have been practicing my schedule just hasn't jived with PP lately :(. Looking forward to killing some tires (and probably a car or two in the next week or so ;))

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
.csv files should be able to upload now, if not please let me know.

I won't be online again until Wednesday but as mentioned, both @Brainling and I will be trying the Ferrari around here. The Porsche although fun is really touchy and I just don't see it resembling a Porsche after 24 hours around here.

The last few Endurance Events have seen our Team finish with a mostly clean car so that's a trend that would be great to continue and I think the Ferrari gives us the best chance in that regard.

I can also try the Audi but I sincerely doubt it's even in the running for me. I've tried this car off and on since release and just don't like the way it drives at all. I find the handling characteristics are worse than the V8SC because of how much you have to peddle the biggest difference being it's a dead feeling car to me.

The Audi looks and sounds great but for me anyway is just no fun to drive.

...but I will try it tomorrow night and update.

Deb

Th
.csv files should be able to upload now, if not please let me know.

I won't be online again until Wednesday but as mentioned, both @Brainling and I will be trying the Ferrari around here. The Porsche although fun is really touchy and I just don't see it resembling a Porsche after 24 hours around here.

The last few Endurance Events have seen our Team finish with a mostly clean car so that's a trend that would be great to continue and I think the Ferrari gives us the best chance in that regard.

I can also try the Audi but I sincerely doubt it's even in the running for me. I've tried this car off and on since release and just don't like the way it drives at all. I find the handling characteristics are worse than the V8SC because of how much you have to peddle the biggest difference being it's a dead feeling car to me.

The Audi looks and sounds great but for me anyway is just no fun to drive.

...but I will try it tomorrow night and update.
The Ferrari is actually great around the Ring! It is excellent into the corners. It is not as fast as the Merc on exit because not as much torque, but it has some big advantages, like higher straight line speed and uses less fuel, so less pit stops. I think it is easier to drive than the Merc around the Ring, doesn't seem to understeer as bad, you can tuck into the corners and really builds your confidence. Last VLN, Bedo and I drove it and we were 1:30 ahead of the closest competitor until my computer crashed. I do have a setup, but it is a hot weather setup, but happy to share it if you need it.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
@Deb I'd love it if you could share that setup.

I'll run it against baseline and see if there's any advantages/disadvantages to creating some sort of hybrid between the two sets.

Thanks.

Kelley G

Casual
Posted photos and explanation of new rig over in the POST YOUR RIG forum as I didn't want to clutter this forum.

@Deb I would be interested in trying that set out of you don't mind. Just in case I have to jump over it would be a good base to start with.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics