1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

[Special Event] 2018 iRacing 24 Hours of Spa

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Skid_Marc_, May 15, 2018.

1. ShadniX

ShadniX Core

And I was just joking with Nejtun last weekend about things they are going to announce/change before the race. Time of Day was one of the things... Maybe we are getting the new tire model before the race after all...

Edit: Also confirmation that GT3 series BoP is active:

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/3606787.page#11120801

They should have just put the weight changes in the base weight during the last week 13, IMHO.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Skid_Marc_ and Kenadian like this.
  2. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Hehe,so I think we can follow iracing schedule and race Spa in Friday and next week practice Spa,if you guys think the same

Also,please pray that CRO beat England now :D

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  3. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Dynamic weather as well. I don't think we've seen that before in a Special Events race. It is quite a different weather. During the NEO 24 hours of Le Mans they had set the weather to dynamic and we all went about 1 second faster during the night when the temperature dropped. Whether the temperature drop during the night was a coincidence I don't know.

If it is dynamic weather for qualifying as well it's kind of pointless to put any effort into qualifying.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  4. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

qualy will be default L Afternoon I'm 100% sure.It is impossible for qualy to be dinamicYa,I was surprised when I saw dynamic as well

Skid_Marc_ and Kenadian like this.
  5. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

It wouldn't be the first time they made that mistake, not the second either :p

Kenadian likes this.
  6. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Oh that is true if they make mistake

7. Slider

Slider Hardcore

2 things:

BoP: is it only in GT3 that weights aren't built into the cars or is it with all other cars too?

2nd:

SavreticD and Skid_Marc_ like this.
  8. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

Yes, iRacing is only using weights to manually BoP the GT3 series, I believe due to the Pro series "VRS GT iR World Championship".

Ironically, somehow, iRacing hasn't struggled to BoP any other series, it seems... GT1 and GTE have always been pretty evenly matched, outside of extreme circumstances like Daytona Road, where obviously the Corvette is just going to own. I know there are fewer cars in the series, but sometimes it doesn't even seem like iRacing has 2 GT3 cars even close...

Also, I thought adding the Porsche to GTE might throw a wrench in their GTE BoP, but so far the top-split SoF results really don't show it. Mostly a pretty good mix between Ferrari's, Porsche's and Ford's in the top-5 to 7 places despite the fields being mostly Porsche/Ferrari shows.

9. Skid_Marc_

A word of caution to anyone hosting a practice session;

iRacing's "Host A Race" tab does not properly recognize Kilograms! You must select Pounds (LB) and put the penalties in as follows:
    Audi R8 GT3 - 66 lbs
    Mercedes AMG GT3 - 11 lbs

Edit: I just looked at the screen, and it appears they no longer allow you to choose between Kilo's and Pounds (LB). It currently is only listed as "LB Penalty" Can someone confirm that it is like this for users outside the US, that use the Metric system by default? I know there are some settings on the iRacing home page that are geo-locked, or however you say it?

10. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

When I click on the penalty tab ( which displays LB) it instantly switches to Kilos, I have no choice but to enter as kilos after this

11. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

scratch that , now that i entered a value , i can change it at will, and the value i have entered changes accordingly

12. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

13. Skid_Marc_

If you want to waste your equivalent of $0.50, you may want to try hosting a session using 30/11 Kilo's and see if the penalty carries into the session, or if it changes it to 13/2 KG penalties.. The last time we tested this, Ken hosted two sessions (just to make sure he hadn't screwed it up), and both times, DESPITE "KG" being selected, the session went up with a 30/11 LB penalty on the cars, rather than KG...

14. Skid_Marc_

Ohhhhh... I didn't know that the option ITSELF was click-able now... there used to be a "drop-down" style menu... nice of iRacing to incorporate THAT into their "Host Session" screen... I can confirm it is the ONLY click-able title on that page full of 10 "drop-down" menu's if you have "All cars in a single class" marked... (+1 for each car you add)

...so gg iRacing! Thank you for your overwhelming consistency and ever increasing simplicity and user-friendly-ness...

******* ****-bags......

15. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

it is their secret way of siphoning off pennies at a time so nobody notices, someone somewhere is rubbing their hands together everytime a hosted gets wasted ;)

16. afroducks

afroducks Casual

I would like to drive the ferrari.... but i could learn another car (but not the merc)

17. Bedo

Bedo Core

I would do Merc, Ferrari, or Audi. Whoever has room on their team for me. I have a setup for the Merc, for the others, it will be a last minute change of course.

18. Deb

Deb Moderator

I talked to Bedo this morning and since there are a bunch of Merc drivers and not enough Ferrari drivers, we can switch to the Ferrari. That should make 3 or 4 in the Ferrari, depending on what @Slider wants to do.

@afroducks, do you have a setup? If so, can you post it so I can practice with it?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  19. Slider

Slider Hardcore

I can do whatever, but Merc would be last choice in any case for me, if needed.

20. Skid_Marc_

Looking at the schedule right now, an Audi team won't be possible without @Slider (due to Sam's withdrawal... :( ).

Personally, I think the best option would be for a "Party At the Lake House" AMG team with all (?) AMG Drivers: @Deb @Bedo @dub_713 @reid and @Rees Wagen !

That leaves @LoucMachine @Kenadian @Noodleguitar and @SavreticD as a team. Is everyone okay with that combo?

Of course, that is assuming everyone is still in!

Just a reminder, we need to see you all in a #PracticePals event within the next week, or you at least need to be turning some laps IN TeamSpeak with other drivers running the same car as you! There is no way to get on the same page in the 8 days we have left before Spa without getting on track, and communicating directly.

Utilize this thread, or this Week 5 #PracticePals thread to organize any hosted practices! It's helpful if you Tag all of the drivers listed in the first two posts of this thread to make sure everyone is aware of the session and can join!

I've updated the OP with "Time of Day" and "BoP" adjustments so make sure to apply those properly in a hosted session!

Also, fuel data! We need lap-times and per-lap fuel usage numbers for each car so that @Noodleguitar and I can start work on the schedules next week!

LoucMachine and Kenadian like this.