1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

[Special Event] 2018 iRacing Bathurst 12 Hours

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Skid_Marc_, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Babies :)

@Skid_Marc_ it's the site fucking up and the lazy assed Webmaster needs to do something about it.

BTW, that 650s is vehicle pr0n. :cool:

Jes_971 likes this.
  2. Brainling

Brainling Core

Porsche is still my preference because going over the mountain in the 911 is incredible. Always on the edge of losing control.

I'd happily drive the Ferrari as well if that's what most people settle on.

3. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

@Deb I did have the start of a setup that I made off of baseline but I think I forgot to save it. I'll probably run some laps tonight in the Ferarri and see what I come up with.

4. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

Unless you were practicing in a Team session, the setup should still be there the next time you load into that car. It is only Team sessions that wipe your setup at the end of the session if you don't save it.

5. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

@Skid_Marc_ I wish that was the case. I ended up doing some BSS at Watkins after and built a set for that so thats how I lost it.

6. Skid_Marc_

Ahh, I see. That sucks..:confused:

7. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

OMG I'm getting annoyed by so many hosted sessions using the wrong weather. Its only 5 out of the 12 that are currently up that have the wrong weather. I'm not paying for them so I should just shut my consonant hole. Its just become a pet peeve of mine I guess. Myself being a broke ass loser is becoming another.:p

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  8. Slider

Slider Hardcore

9. Fromthenavy

Fromthenavy TS3 SA

I'm in the for the Porsche. I haven't given this car enough time and still just cant feel out GT3 anymore

10. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

porsche if my knee allows it. i'll update on that later

11. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Please check here or the front page of this thread to make sure you are included in the right car etc. Don't forget to post your setups on this thread or you can also upload them to the file browser on team speak.

There is also a folder in the Bathurst directory for your fuel buddy files so noel can work his magic on them. please put them in asap ( note the CSV files from fuel buddy cannot be attached to the forum)

12. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

We found a session last night with the correct weather and time of day (I think) and managed to put down a near 2:05 flat. I think I break the 2:05 barrier but if so not by much, at least on the current setup.

Right now we've made no appreciable changes to the iRacing baseline setup other than tire pressures. I also adjusted the brake bias forward more as I was having trouble keeping the rear under me at Skyline.

Jes_971 and Skid_Marc_ like this.
  13. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

I'll probably run the Porsche, and most likely solo :). I still want to attempt a 12 hour solo race, so it's either Bathurst or Sebring.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  14. Skid_Marc_

I've started a Docs.Google spreadsheet for this event! Please follow this link to it, and fill in your availability! Remember, there are two races, so the first half of the time chart is the Saturday 13:00 GMT time slot, and the second half of the chart is Race #2 starting Sunday 01:00 GMT.

Only fill in the grey columns if you plan on running the second race!

Nejtun and Noodleguitar like this.
  15. ShadniX

ShadniX Casual

Well - I tried the Porsche last Wednesday. It didn't went as bad as I thought it would, but it wasn't much better either. I haven't given up on the Porsche entirely yet and will give it a bit more time this weekend, but I'm tending to the Merc atm.

On that note, is there actually anyone left who is interested in driving the Merc and ending up in one of the lower splits? If not, I'll probably just watch some streams on that weekend.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  16. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Im running with Volker but with B2O colours

Skid_Marc_, Nejtun and Jes_971 like this.
  17. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

I am thinking of using the BMW for this event , health allowing. Looking at 2 manning this I think, BMW in correct weather (Morning/Default ?) seems to be good for high 2:04's/low 2:05's on a full tank.

18. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

@Noodleguitar BMW: Fuel 42 seconds
    Tyres 28 Seconds both done separately.
    3.7 Litres per lap
    31 laps on a full tank
    Fuel stint Data to follow when I stop crashing :p

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Noodleguitar and Sam Roselaar like this.
  19. Slider

Slider Hardcore

It is not expected to have BMW in Bathurst event.

20. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

the schedule has 5 GT3's and the porsche , do you have a link to the new info please @Slider