1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

[Special Event] 2018 iRacing Bathurst 12 Hours

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Skid_Marc_, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Deb

Deb Moderator

I know he's pretty forgettable, but you left Bedo off the schedule :( Put him down for the first two hours and I am not sure after that. Will check.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  2. Kenadian

Kenadian Staff Member Site Admin

I'll fill in my availability the end of this week. With my job situation being questionable right now I'm not 100% sure whether or not I'll be able to race as I may have to work instead.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  3. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

I just went through everyone's iRating as of today, and I underlined the iRatings (among the GT3 teams) that would give us the best shot of making the same split;

BMW #1: Hans Mohr @ShadniX - 1871

Ferrari #1: Jes Colman @Jes_971 + Matt Holmes @Brainling - 1836
    BMW #2: Kelley Grant @Kelley G - 1795
    Audi: Anson Bennette @Anson Bennette - 1778
    Ferrari #2: Debra Bennett @Deb - 1571
    or
    Ferrari #2: All Drivers (@Bedo @Deb @reid ) - 2069

Of course, this assumes that A.) iRacing breaks up the splits "correctly", B.) Our understanding of how iRacing averages iRating is accurate, and C.) everyone here is able to participate and available to register.

On the Porsche side, Davey and Sam are almost identical on iRating and will probably end up in a much higher split with GT3C cars, and Noël... well... he's just gonna do alien-Noël things, so nothing we can do about that..

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    Noodleguitar likes this.
  4. Skid_Marc_

I went ahead and added Matt to your team, just in case. No offence to @Brainling, but I'm kind of holding him in limbo between the two Ferrari teams until we know which team needs him more!

At least it is the same car... would be awkward if he had to practice the Porsche AND the Ferrari with no idea which one he is driving! :eek:;)

5. Kenadian

You mean get up front, alone, get bored and bin it into a wall somewhere trying to hotlap for no good reason whatsoever?

Noodleguitar and Skid_Marc_ like this.
  6. Skid_Marc_

That is, actually, pretty much exactly what I had envisioned in my head! Yes! :)

Kenadian likes this.
  7. Deb

Deb Moderator

Yeah, I still haven't heard from Reid and I don't even know if he wants to drive the Ferrari, imagine he doesn't care, but I'll let you know when I hear.

8. Kenadian

OK @Jes_971 it looks like I'm good to race after all as it's a long weekend here and I won't have a Saturday shift running.

I do need some seat time though so I'm going to opt out of BSS tonight and focus on Bathurst.

Jes_971, Nejtun and Skid_Marc_ like this.
  9. Skid_Marc_

Another 4 hour Bathurst session will be going up tonight at normal PracticePals time (01:00 GMT / 8pm EST)!

pw: sheep

Kenadian, Kelley G and Nejtun like this.
  10. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Pancake has come through for us 2 nights in a row!

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  11. reid

reid Casual

I'm in for the same as above.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  12. Fromthenavy

Fromthenavy TS3 SA

Just checking in with Sam to see if he's still interested in running. My schedule is flexible for the race and can run a few stints at a time. I've been running consistent 2:08.9's pushing a little and can settle into 2:09s no problem. Running baseline setup adjusted tyre pressure and one click lower on aero

Sam Roselaar and Nejtun like this.
  13. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Sam Roselaar and Fromthenavy like this.
  14. Fromthenavy

Fromthenavy TS3 SA

Porsche is a lot of fun around the mountain I really enjoy it for my first times in the car. Watched a bit of the race yesterday, lot's of safety cars. Anyone see the Bentley splitter blow up on the right hand curb through the chase?

15. Skid_Marc_

Is anyone interested in a hosted session? Gonna put one up for 2 hours, starting at 12:30a GMT / 7:30p EST / 4:30p PST, but if people want it for longer, shoot me a message in TS and hopefully I'll catch it before the session goes live...

pw: sheep

16. Slider

Slider Hardcore

I'll start my practices after tomorrow's league race. Am I in Audi or BMW? Any preliminary setups?

17. afroducks

afroducks Casual

Sorry for being so late but i would like to drive the Ferrari. Right now i can drive between 11am EST to 4:30pm EST.... i have to leave for work @ 5PM EST.

18. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

@Slider I believe @Kelley G is running in the second of two BMW teams but still waiting confirmation for a partner, right now on the preliminary schedule you are down for both the Audi and BMW. The Set Hans and I are using is in the BMW folder in the file browser on teamspeak.

@afroducks I have added your name to the preliminary schedule along with all the other Ferrari drivers, I think it will be @Skid_Marc_ that will sort the final teams that have not already expressed a preference.

19. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

yeah i'm still interested, sry for being so inactive. i have yet to complete a full stint in practice, however i've practiced some and my best time is a 2:07,4. i'm going to put some serious hours in this week. so expect me to be at PP wednesday and friday.

20. Sam Roselaar

Sam Roselaar Core

this set is the one i've been using. see if you like it @Fromthenavy

Attached Files:

Noodleguitar likes this.