1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

[Special Event] 2018 iRacing Bathurst 12 Hours

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Skid_Marc_, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

@Slider @Nejtun always check the OP of this thread for the current teams. I try to update it as soon as I get any information.

Nejtun likes this.
  2. Kelley G

Kelley G Casual

Just confirmed with work. I am off on Saturday so good for the race. May be a little tired as I have a late night the night before but thats not an issue

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  3. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

This ^^^^ is exactly why you should never reply to a thread before you have had your first coffee of the morning ( or second come to think of it )
    Whooops :D

4. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Thanks for the challenging time to beat :D. I made it to a 2:07.0. It's too bad the tires fall off so quickly, when I have 77 L left I'm already losing 3-4 tenths on a good lap.

I quite liked your setup as well. Not sure which wing setting I like most at the moment, have been practicing mainly with 6. Here is the race trim setup I've been running up till now:

Attached Files:

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  5. John Navara

John Navara Core

I thought this was a Sunday only race so I didn't sign up as my youngest is getting confirmed. I am good for Saturday if a driver is needed. I filled out the spreadsheet with my available times.

Order of preference: Merc, 488, Audi
    SR: A 4.93
    IR: 2016

John

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  6. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

@Noodleguitar I made a fuel csv folder on the teamspeak server last week, wasn't sure if you spotted it or not. I put it under the fuel data folder that was already there.

7. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Yep, I noticed there were fuel files in two places, so I found them both.

8. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

I have added a Fuel Info tab to the schedule. To make fuel charts for each car I need all the fields filled in. I can get most of it myself from earlier races, so the main thing is the average lap time. Fuel usage I can get from the fuel buddy files.

9. Skid_Marc_

Probably going to be running PracticePals tonight, maybe even starting a little early (22:00 GMT / 5:00p EST??)

@Sam Roselaar I have some bad news to break to you; @Fromthenavy is no longer running the Porsche, as he is switching to the Mercedes to run with a friend. I'm not sure what you have for GT3 cars, but there are definitely opportunities for you in the Audi, BMW, or Mercedes, so if you'd be willing to run one of those cars, we'd love to have you!

@Anson Bennette are you gonna be around for some practice tonight? I've got two setups for you to try, if you're interested. Gonna try to pick one of them by the end of tonight, and would love your input!

10. John Navara

John Navara Core

@Skid_Marc_ As I responded late last night if someone is in need of another driver I am available now. I was thinking the race was Sunday and my youngest is getting confirmed. IR and SR posted above.

Let me know.

John

11. Skid_Marc_

@John be sure to join us in TS/practice tonight! What GT3 car(s) do you own?

12. John Navara

John Navara Core

I have all of them. I should be able to tonight and tomorrow night for sure. Out with basketball Thur and Friday until 7:30 or so CST.

John

13. Skid_Marc_

@John Navara if you could narrow down a choice of GT3 between the Audi and BMW that would be helpful, as those are the two teams right now that would most benefit from a third driver, maybe the Merc if Davey and Steven are open to it and Sam doesn't want it. As it is the last week of prep, we need drivers to be on the ball with practice, and comfortable doing full fuel stints, and, if needed/wanted, multiple stints in a row. There are setups available in the iRacing File Browser for both cars if you want to give each a go tonight, but it would be great to have a choice by the end of the night!

I'm not trying to zap the fun out of Practice Pals, by any means, but I just want to emphasize to everyone; please be patient, beware of the cars around you, and focus more on putting laps down consistently than worrying about your overall pace. This is a 12-hour race, that is highly dependent on keeping the cars on the gray stuff, and off of the walls. An FFS is 31 laps in GT3 cars, and it is incredibly frustrating just to make a mistake on your own that kills the FFS, not to mention getting caught up in someone else's off, so please be respectful to the drivers around you. And if (probably when, right?) you do wreck, please reset ASAP to keep the track clear!

Catch you guys in a few hours!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Jes_971 likes this.
  14. Brainling

Brainling Core

Tweaked my availability slightly. I had to block out two hours mid race because my daughter will be coming over somewhere in that time span and I need to be available.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  15. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

Shoot, did I screw up then and miss the place it was supposed to go. I looked around to avoid doing that but I get the feeling I failed.

See yall for practice tonight. I missed last night cause I had a tummy ache. Too much butter and syrup on my waffles.

Noodleguitar and Nejtun like this.
  16. John Navara

John Navara Core

@Skid_Marc_

Order of my preference:

1) Merc
    2) Audi
    3) BMW

John

17. Kelley G

Kelley G Casual

I’m good for some PP tonight. Should be on by 530est.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  18. Brainling

Brainling Core

I'll be around for more practice tonight. My head cold made it tough to sit in VR too long last night so I didn't practice as much as I wanted to. Have we decided on a base Ferrari setup yet? I have one I think is decent I'll share out tonight when I get on.

Jes_971 likes this.
  19. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

@Jes_971, I added 1 click of Wing (bringing it up to 4 I believe) and the car felt much more stable over the run.

I actually ran my fastest lap on this setup.

20. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

@Brainling I'm interested to check it out if you don't mind.

@Duke yea I watched you VOD from last night to see if you made any changes and marked that one down. Good to hear the improvement!! You are focusing on FFS instead of hot laps though right? :)