1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

[Special Event] 2018 iRacing Bathurst 12 Hours

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Skid_Marc_, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Kelley G

Kelley G Casual

@Duke thanks for the kind words. It was in fact my first ever endurance race, also my first ever team event. Its safe to say I hope to be back for all of the enduros and become a regular name in the B2O driver lineup.

3 weeks ago I had only ran and handful of laps at Bathurst as I hated it. Now I find myself wanting to go back as I have so many fond memories. Looking back I already know what I can improve for the next event. (Sorry @Nejtun for coming offline when you were going for the pass, it won't happen again. I knew better and yet i still drifted offline)

Echoing what @Noodleguitar stated I too hope that the B2O team can be seen as a force in whatever split it may be in.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  2. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

@Noodleguitar

Heh, not good I must say.The first race was awful, like the worst race I ever was.Starting on P5 managed to avoid like 5 crashes in first 7 laps then I got rear-ended, had damage, aero damage and after 1.5 stints same guy who rear-ended me was lap down and he decided to break in fastest corner on track when I was 0.2 from him,did not finish good but car was ok,Volker had 1 stint and then after normal pass on Porsche he decided to put us in wall on exit, hey on exit [​IMG] You couldn't find clean car on track after 2h,awful

Second race I started on P2, we were leading after first pitstop all the way until 2.5h to the end when Volker couldn't avoid car in front, engine damage, that was it,I didn't want to wait for 22min repairs and we were tired so that was the end [​IMG]

We didn't take any risks and we didn't had luck even like that haha

Yes,I said it was J.P Stergios but it was his brother who waited for Max to wreck in 1st split, wrong in any way

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  3. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

What can I say? Too much to put into words really. No matter the result, everyone put in an amazing effort in the name of Band of Others.

I truly feel blessed to have found such an amazing group of like-minded people. Thank you to my teammates, @Duke and @Brainling . You guys showed some real class and talent out there that led us to a truly great finish.

To everyone else, like I said. You all made this a memorable experience and have laid one more brick in the strong foundation of this truly beautiful community. I look forward to the future and making many more great memories!!

Thank you all!!!!!:D

Brainling and Duke like this.
  4. Deb

Deb Moderator

B2O ROCKS!!!!!

Now for a brief musical interlude that sums it up for those of us that love to drive :D

5. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

That's pretty much how I felt about the situation.

I can't say for sure I knew about the Yellow Merc but under normal circumstances a Merc would not have been there at that rate of closure speed. I'm not sure if he had damage or what (haven't re-watched the replay yet) but his speed had to be a good deal slower than ours so being on the Apex of that corner seems like an odd place to be.

Having said that though it's easy for me to sit back and say I'd never repeat that mistake but in the heat of battle I can't be certain? I think the only thing I can do to help minimize the chance of a repeat mistake is move from behind the bumper of the leading car more and double check no one is hiding in front of him.

6. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

I think he was letting the other Mercedes by in the kink.

Duke likes this.
  7. Brainling

Brainling Core

That's exactly what he was doing. He just couldn't have picked a worse point, at a worse place on the track, to do it.

Duke likes this.
  8. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Yep he was but as @Brainling said, he could have chosen a bit more wisely where to do it. Letting a car go at the Apex of the fastest part of the track isn't exactly an ideal situation and to be honest it's the first time I've ever faced it.

Again I'm not offloading responsibility for this as I created the situation; I'm merely trying to learn from it.

I've stated it a million times that I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination so I try and learn from my mistakes of which there are a plethora to choose from.

9. Brainling

Brainling Core

Certainly learning from it is good...at the same time sometimes people do things on a race track that you just can't prepare for. It's unlikely you'd ever see that scenario in PP or league because none of us would try and let you by there.

I think the primary lesson from that incident is "be prepared for anything"...and practice controlling an out of control car. A lesser driver would have certainly lost it completely or run in to something.

Duke likes this.
  10. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Yeah I agree it was a silly place to let him by. The top split drivers were very good regarding those decisions I found. Out of the 100s of laps I did in the Porsche during the race, only once a GT3 went side by side with me before the kink instead of waiting for the braking zone at the chase, even though they had a good opportunity to try to pass earlier because of the draft.

11. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Off-track graphs:
    Audi #065:
    offtracks_bathurst_12h_2018_audi.png
    BMW #095:
    offtracks_bathurst_12h_2018_bmw_kelley.png BMW #000:
    offtracks_bathurst_12h_2018_bmw-nejtun.png
    Ferrari #95:
    offtracks_bathurst_12h_2018_ferrari-Ken.png Ferrari #078
    offtracks_bathurst_12h_2018_ferrari-lake-house.png Porsche #88:
    offtracks_bathurst_12h_2018_porsche.png

Total off-track laps for driver Lucas Biron: 4
    Total off-track laps for driver Dino Topic: 3
    Total off-track laps for driver Kelley Grant: 10
    Total off-track laps for driver Ken Lindberg: 6
    Total off-track laps for driver Matthew A Holmes: 4
    Total off-track laps for driver Jes Colman: 2
    Total off-track laps for driver Marc Gammack: 2
    Total off-track laps for driver Anson Bennette: 1
    Total off-track laps for driver Bedo Magardichian: 3
    Total off-track laps for driver Michael Belyea: 5
    Total off-track laps for driver Debra Bennett: 2
    Total off-track laps for driver Reid Westphal2: 3
    Total off-track laps for driver Noel Luneburg: 4
    Total off-track laps for driver Nejtun Cameron: 3
    Total off-track laps for driver Hans Mohr: 2

The may-have-hit-the-wall-at-some-point-but-stayed-out-of-the-grass award goes to the Audi team a very long stretch of no off-tracks!

Nejtun likes this.
  12. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Lap times per stint:

Audi #065:
    lap_times_bathurst_12h_2018_audi.png
    BMW #095:
    lap_times_bathurst_12h_2018_bmw-kelley.png BMW #000:
    lap_times_bathurst_12h_2018_bmw-nejtun.png
    Ferrari #95: lap_times_bathurst_12h_2018_ferrari-Ken.png Ferrari #078:
    lap_times_bathurst_12h_2018_ferrari-lake-house.png Porsche #88: lap_times_bathurst_12h_2018_porsche.png
    I was impressed by how @Nejtun managed to keep his lap times so close every single stint!

Nejtun likes this.
  13. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Good job again with the graphs @Noodleguitar , quite like how the off track section almost makes the race look un-eventful :D when it was any but that! Can't wait to see how Sebring and Nurb compare to this one.