1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

[Special Event] 2018 iRacing Sebring 12 Hour

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Nejtun, Feb 20, 2018.

1. reid

reid Casual

I'm not sure I have 6 hours in me. Plus the wife might not like that.:mad:

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  2. Kelley G

Kelley G Casual

I do not own Ferrari so wouldn’t feel comfortable with it. Would love to join the DP if that’s cool. Haven’t done a lot of practice in it over the last two weeks but was very comfortable with it the last time I drove it.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  3. Brainling

Brainling Core

I can drive either the Ford or the Ferrari, I'm comfortable in both, but I need to know basically today which one I'm driving.

4. Kelley G

Kelley G Casual

@Brainling if you wanna jump over to Ferrari I’ll jump to DP. Reid doesn’t feel comfortable with 6 hrs of driving and I’m not sure I could muscle around Sebring for 6hrs myself. Does that work for everyone?

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  5. LoucMachine

LoucMachine Casual

I am down for whatever can accommodate you guys. I'll have to practice with another car if you guys want me to change though. Also being in a team of 3 would be better than a team of 2, so if you prefer have me in another car to ease on the stress I have no problem with that.

But if I understand correctly, a team of @Brainling, @reid and me on the ferrari could be good... I dont mind other cars with the same team either (even if I have a preference for the ferrari). Also, I am not sure how do you guys want to proceed with setups ? I practiced with Craigs setup with fuel and suspensions adjusted. We can use that (tell me where to upload it if needed) or if you have another setup I'd like to give it a little practice. :)

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  6. Kelley G

Kelley G Casual

@Skid_Marc_ could you leave a setup for DP in teamspeak so I can get comfortable with it when I get home?

7. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

Yup! @Saytex and I shook it down a bit. It is pretty solid. Don't freak out about the time lost between lap 2-3 and half tank. The lap times drop off quite steep at the first part of the run, and then come back as the fuel gets under half-tank. The feel of the car doesn't change much, though.. Hopefully I'll be able to find some time to practice with you tomorrow!

Attached Files:

8. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Fuel charts for the Ferrari #000, Ford and Mercedes have been added to the schedule.

Some info is still missing (or I missed it in this thread). If you want a fuel chart for your car, please fill in the missing numbers in the Fuel info tab.

Edit: The formatting of the fuel charts is still raw, I'll nicely center everything and make it fit when all the info is more definitive.

Nejtun likes this.
  9. Slider

Slider Hardcore

Thank you @Noodleguitar I hope my stint info was correct for our team. I think we're all pretty close on pace.

10. Kelley G

Kelley G Casual

@Skid_Marc_ i work until 15:00 est tomorrow but plan to spend the remainder of the day practicing.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  11. Kelley G

Kelley G Casual

Didn’t get to run nearly as much as I wanted tonight but put in a dozen laps. Car feels good. Gonna play with in car adjustments tomorrow. My time is sitting pretty consistent at 1:57. Curious what you guys are running just to see how much more time I need to find.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  12. Slider

Slider Hardcore

Marc was in 55s last night.

13. Slider

Slider Hardcore

@Skid_Marc_ I took a quick look at iRatings and we have 2 options for GTE teams:

A: @Nejtun , @Brainling , @LoucMachine and @Fromthenavy register their respective teams, but that nets about 130-150 point difference between each

B: @LoucMachine , @Fromthenavy and myself register our respective teams and have 36 point difference, but that leaves other Ferrari team for itself.

14. TokyoGwB

TokyoGwB Casual

I am so Jelly. Maybe one of these days I will be able to join you guys

15. Brainling

Brainling Core

Have Ferrari teams been using a particular set, or just the VRS one floating around?

16. PancakesYUMMY

PancakesYUMMY Casual

SO HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF THE USUAL SPRINT RACE, YOU HOST A SEBRING PRACTICE

EXCEPT FOR THE CAR SELECTION, YOU PICK THE CARS THAT B2O IS DRIVING ***MINUS*** THE CARS THAT YOU AREN'T DRIVING, AND *******PLUS********* THE NEW LMP1 CARS

AND THEN I CAN JOIN AND HAVE FUN WHILE YOU GUYS PRACTICE

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Nejtun likes this.
  17. Skid_Marc_

No LMP1.

18. LoucMachine

LoucMachine Casual

I've been using Craig IMSA set with adjusted suspension and fuel. Idk what other people have been using.

19. Slider

Slider Hardcore

WHY ARE WE YELLING?!

20. Skid_Marc_

[​IMG]
    Updated the Ford GT for Band of Others Endurance - Lake House. All drivers are registered to that team, and all drivers have "Admin" status, so everyone is free to register the team.

The current number for that team is #078, does anyone want that changed? @Bedo @Fromthenavy @Slider

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Fromthenavy, Bedo, Deb and 2 others like this.