1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

[Special Event] 2018 iRacing Sebring 12 Hour

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Nejtun, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]
    Updated the Corvette C7 DP for Band of Others Endurance - #065. @Kelley G You have a team invite pending!

Deb, Nejtun and Duke like this.
  2. reid

reid Casual

What was the adjusted suspension? Is this on the VRS IMSA setup?

3. Skid_Marc_

I would recommend the first one, as it is the best shot you've got of getting all three teams together, and I think that would keep the teams pretty competitive as well, even if they do get split up, but ultimately it is up to you guys!

4. Skid_Marc_

Generally, this just means he just raised the ride heights back to their original position after he added the weight of full fuel.

5. Skid_Marc_

6. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Fuel usage per minute seems a bit high. You can only drive 39 minutes with that number.

7. Skid_Marc_

Oh, per minute. Fixed.

8. Skid_Marc_

Added schedules for most of the teams. The Ford schedule works out the best, the final stint is about 20L shorter than the others, but that shouldn't be an issue, as you should still be able to change tyres in that time. @Slider @Bedo @Fromthenavy

The Ferrari is a little weirder. Last stop only requires 38L. If you split that up over the last two stints, it is 63L per stop. Someone may want to test whether you can take tyres during a 63L stop to determine if it is worth it, or if it would be better to take the 38L at the end.
    or
    The Ferrari teams could run the distributed fuel schedule, which cuts a 1-2 laps off of each stint, spreading that out over the course of the race.
    @Nejtun @ShadniX @LoucMachine @Brainling @reid

@Noodleguitar and @SavreticD I don't know what you guys have talked about already, but I went ahead and threw a schedule together anyways. Looks like either single stints for each of you at the start, or triple stints for each of you, if Noël wants the majority of the 18:00-20:00 out of the car.

SavreticD likes this.
  9. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Tnx Marc, I'm ok with a triple.I just can't drive first 2 stints, the rest I'm available

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  10. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Looks good @Skid_Marc_ , thanks! I'm fine with a triple stint at the start as well.

I have added the C7 fuel chart to the schedule.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  11. Brainling

Brainling Core

So can someone post whatever Ferrari set people are using? If it's the Craig set, expect me to make changes to it. I normally hate the way his sets drive. Otherwise I'm taking a modified VRS set and sticking it in the car tomorrow morning. @LoucMachine @reid we should probably get together tonight and finalize this and make sure everyone puts in at least some laps on whatever set we choose.

(Sorry for the late confusion on this guys, obviously we don't normally solidify the teams so late)

12. reid

reid Casual

OK, let me know when, i have a busy social life ;). I have been using the VRS set with 1 click on the front ride height to pass inspection. I'm available today from 4-6 EST, maybe later.

13. Skid_Marc_

I have a hosted session going up from 15:30 - 19:30 EST for anyone who wants to do some afternoon (US) practice.

Pw: sheep

14. Skid_Marc_

The first session I put up was missing the C7? *squeezes head between my fist* Don't ask.... IDFK how... but there is a new one going up now...

15. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Nice paints on the Vette and Ford!
    I will be joining the practice in about 15 minutes, a few more laps can't hurt ;)

Unless anyone has any objections I would like to go with the registration suggestion (thanks Dino and Marc)
    So i will register our team @Fromthenavy should register the Ford and @LoucMachine should register the other Ferrari with @Brainling

Fingers crossed it works out and don't forget to qualify!!

16. LoucMachine

LoucMachine Casual

I ll be online around 8h to 8h30pm est!

17. Brainling

Brainling Core

I'll be there at...5:30 or whatever god awful time my time I need to wake up.

18. Slider

Slider Hardcore

I also agree we should do this.

@Brainling if you want to sleep (sorry, I didn't realize it's that early), someone else could log into your account and register you.

@Skid_Marc_ you're the only one able to upload paints for the teams you made (Lake House, etc). Would you be able to do that? Pls :p

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  19. Brainling

Brainling Core

Nah, I get up that early for every endurance race. I would be up anyway, I don't miss the start of our races. I just like to grumble and act salty about it.

20. LoucMachine

LoucMachine Casual

@reid Can you share the setup somewhere so I can practice with it a little bit tonight and also qualify with it :)
    Thanks !!