1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking about re-branding my Twitch Channel

Discussion in 'Gaming Media' started by Kenadian, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Kenadian

Kenadian Staff Member Site Admin

As many of you know I've put a lot of work into Band of Others Twitch Chanel over the past year and have made many changes along the way.

As of January 1, 2018 I added a much requested Webcam and a completely revamped overlay system reflecting Broadcaster and Audience interactivity.

In this way I feel as if the Channel has become more personal (to me) than it was previously so I wonder if perhaps renaming it to something more personal makes sense?

I'm strongly considering changing the Band of Others Channel to something more personal such as B2O-Duke. In this way I still represent Band of Others but also include a username most know me by. Either that or perhaps Ken-B2O, B2O-Ken or some derivation thereof may work as a fair amount of my audience calls me by my real name anyway.

The other reason for the change is if I were to achieve Twitch Partnership Status one day the Team Channel would be Band of Others.

The Channel design, art assets and everything else will remain the same, the only thing that will change is the url and the way the username is presented on Twitch.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Nejtun likes this.
  2. Peeble

Peeble Core

Totally support. I always felt it was hurting more than helping to have the channel branded as B2O. At first glance (to me) it looked like a community channel that multiple people stream on than your personal channel.

Fromthenavy, Kenadian and Skid_Marc_ like this.
  3. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

100% agree with @Peeble. BandofOthers only made sense if it was used regularly by multiple people. I would not be a big fan of "B2O" in you're name, though. It works in Steam/BF1 and other games, but I think the Twitch name would be best as something totally unique to you...

Kenadian likes this.
  4. Kenadian

Thanks for your feedback on this guys, pretty much mirrors what I was wondering.

I also take your meaning @Skid_Marc_ about the B2O part.

How do you guys feel about Ken being in there then perhaps something like Ken-akaDuke or something to that affect?

5. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Sounds good to me Ken, make sure you run the names by us before you change it though so we can make you second guess yourself and feel terrible etc ;)

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  6. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

you posted before i finished typing btw, so my message is out of context :p

7. Shilka

Shilka Moderator

Makes complete sense to me, go for it!

8. Kenadian

After considering this for some time I'm not sure if Ken_akaDuke is the right name for me as I often go by the name PetrWhakov. I use it in both ETS2, ATS as well as PUBG if I'm not mistaken.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get KenL but KenLindberg is available.

I also wonder if it may be a good idea to embrace my Canadian side (that I'm always being made fun of for) and making a username such as Kenada or perhaps Kenadian.

Thoughts, feedback, ideas?

9. Skid_Marc_

Skid_Marc_ Staff Member Admin

The very first thing I thought of when you posted this was PetrWhakov. There are absolutely zero hits for PetrWhakov on Twitch, at the moment. You can usually type anything into the search bar and get a list of channels, videos, or communities, but PetrWhakov is completely dead and unused. The closest think it comes up with is PetruhaLovozero... because that is close to what you typed. If you do a Google search for Petr Whakov, the fourth result is the Band of Others' Elite Dangerous thread about a B2O group. It seems the best move to me.

I only wonder how Twitch would feel about it, but there has to be worse names on Twitch, right?

10. Kenadian

I'd love to use PetrWhakov as my Twitch Username but if it's found to be offensive or reported by someone feeling that way the account can be immediately suspended.

I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

11. Deb

Deb Moderator

Instead of PetrWhakov, what about Petr W Perfect? Peter Perfect is one of the characters in Wacky Racers, his car is Turbo Terrific, so Twitch couldn't be offended by that and its hilarious :D

12. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Not sure if I like PetrWhakov for anything more serious than PuBG. I do like Kenadian a lot. I wouldn't make it too complex or long for Twitch.

Kenadian likes this.
  13. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

'Kenadian' gets my vote, some a-hole will report Petrwhakov just out of spite

Kenadian likes this.
  14. Kenadian

Yup, good points.

I contacted Twitch Support asking if I PetrWhakov would be against their username TOS and haven't hear back yet.

My guess is it's a situation where if you think it's questionable then it's simply no good.

Skid_Marc_ likes this.
  15. Kenadian

So after a lot of deliberation I think the only wise thing is to go with KenLindberg.

Kenada, Kenadian, KenEHda, etc., are jokes that will go over most peoples heads and aren't really usernames I want to be associated with long term. As most of you know I want to move from Duke to something else in the near future however being associated with any of the aforementioned is not something I want either.

Also the bulk of my audience already refer to me as Ken and I like the intimacy in that hence this decision.

If it doesn't work out I can always change it again 6 months down the road and confuse people even more.

Skid_Marc_, Nejtun and Noodleguitar like this.
  16. John Navara

John Navara Core

What about Ken_Dude @Duke :D

John

17. ElektroVodka

ElektroVodka Staff Member Admin

18. Kenadian

The other thing I can do if you like is put up a Poll asking for name suggestions and go from there. I don't necessarily need to change it right away but the sooner the better is certainly a priority.

I can add to the Stream Title, Poll - namechange or something similar just so the audience is alerted that this is a short term goal. Those who don't know what it means will ask and I'll fill them in as it is an interactive process.

We can run a Polling for a month or so and if no name comes up that I like I can go with KenLindberg or change to the one people like the most that I find agreeable.

19. Kenadian

Instead of deliberating and getting nothing done I went ahead and chanced the Chanel name to Kenadian. So far it's gotten positive feedback but if people don't like it it's something that can be changed in 60 days.

B2O logo will remain prevalent so people know Band of Others is the Community I represent but everywhere else will see a new logo:

Kenadian.png

little P, Skid_Marc_, Deb and 3 others like this.
  20. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

its good Ken, keep it! like the logo too. no background colour though ? or did it work ok with any colour background?