1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

VLN Championship Series

Discussion in 'iRacing Forum' started by Deb, Jun 17, 2017.

1. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Awesome guys.Im waiting 2nd race,will see but I canimaginee 6h solo is not easy

2. Deb

Deb Moderator

Yeah, 5th place for us!!!!!! We started 10th. Bedo had us running first for awhile but then Reid had an audio failure and crashed in the third lap of his first stint. We were wondering if you guys would catch us, we double stinted at the end, didn't take tires and I kept driving, although Reid was suppose to take over, but only 3 laps left. Very clean race for me :) Lots of fun as VLN always is! I was kind of surprised at the spread on qualifying times from 8:04 to 8:55, so a wide variety of skill levels.

ShadniX, Jes_971 and SavreticD like this.
  3. Deb

Deb Moderator

Good luck Denis, that will be tough, be awesome :)

SavreticD likes this.
  4. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Tnx Deb!
    Did you double stint tires every time or just last stint,how tires was after that,how car felt?

5. Jes_971

Jes_971 Core

A great event shared with a great teammate. I would gladly join you again, Hans. Two weeks time sounds great! Awesome race Deb, Bedo, and Reid. It was very cool to see you guys in our split and see y'all do so well. Looking forward to the next one!

ShadniX and Deb like this.
  6. Deb

Deb Moderator

Because of the earlier crash, our pit timing was off, so we were ending up with only about 3 laps on the last stint, so we didn't take tires. Otherwise we didn't double stint the tires. The fronts seem to be wearing pretty fast and I'll have to say on the last lap, I had to slow down as I was loosing grip as the tires degraded.

SavreticD likes this.
  7. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Haha Tnx Deb but now is just a little to late for this information. :) :)
    Never mind,I won again but now I cant move,everything hurts in my body
    My tires was awesome second stint on them,really good

8. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Nice job on the 6 hours solo, I was still 2.5 hours away and it wasn't comfortable :). The Porsche field in top split managed to crash of course. Top 10 Porsche drivers and then they can't even brake in a straight line :|. That caused me damage so I had to take the fast repair on lap 1.

I did pretty well after that and was chasing a PRT car. He hit a very slow Mazda and speared off into my path. This cost me 50 seconds repairs and aero damage so I started pushing more. It lasted a while until I braked before the car was settled and went into a wall. Gave up at that point because I don't feel like driving a broken car.

Jes_971 and SavreticD like this.
  9. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Tnx Noel!
    Yea I saw on broadcast when you hit that Porsche,just bad luck man.He slow down for Mazda and then he spun and you hit him fast,no time to react
    Good job btw,I sent you PM yesterday on iRacing also.I think P10 for you yes?
    Its hard to drive 6h on this track,really is.This time it was few fast drivers so I needed to push first 3-4h,after that they start to crash one by one behind me so last 6 laps I was driving 15sec slower just to be able to finish because If I needed to push all 6h I would crash for sure after 4h and you know when you have 2 guys in team they are pushing whole race but when you alone its hard to do that that long.
    I did lost concentration at one point on passing Vendevals Mazda(Nils and Fabrice).He did nothing wrong but I hit the wall in last corner,car was good but I took fast repair.That would never happen if I was fresh.

Jes_971 and Noodleguitar like this.
  10. Deb

Deb Moderator

Great job, guys!!!! I can only imagine how hard it is to drive 6 hours straight. I guess you'd have to have your bathroom pretty close so you can make it during a pit stop :) I wonder if they are doing the next one in the fog. They had one like that last year and I thought that was the funnest one, wasn't heavy fog but enough to keep it interesting :cool:

SavreticD likes this.
  11. Deb

Deb Moderator

Denis, do you have a setup for the AMG for VLN? If so, could you post it? I'm trying to just for understeer but not happy with the result.

12. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Sure
    I just dont know what weather is now and this was for morning.Add click wing if its to loose for you and or click or 2 more diff

Attached Files:

13. Deb

Deb Moderator

Thanks Denis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll give it try later today.

14. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Np,I will try today I think and I will check how it is in this weather and you will know if I did change something.I think I will race in Audi just to have more fun and challenge.I mean I can actually spun in Audi and in Merc that is not that easy so little challenge is good but only if I race second race.If I wake up for first I will be in Merc

15. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Deb sry I didnt try today Merc,I was practiced in Audi but If is same weather it should be ok.Dont be afraid to add click wing .Actually I think it would be good for you to add 1 click.I think 2 is to low for you but try first of course.
    Anyway Im slower in Audi for now but not that much,2 seconds but I have time for improvement.
    Thing is when you make mistake you are in wall,not that easy to save like Merc but its more fun to drive

16. Deb

Deb Moderator

NP, tried it last night for a little bit with Bedo, but in a hosted session with really hot weather. The wing 2 seemed fine. Bedo made a couple adjustments to rake. I will try again tonight in a PS. Yeah, I feel like I can catch most issues in the AMG and we have to be loyal to our brand, so haven't tried the Audi :)

Probably won't do Virginia this week since it is not a track I have driven on and want to get the setup right for VLN. But probably will jump on TS anyway.

17. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

I give up on Audi,never mind cos Im slower but soon as I try to push harder crash,you just cant do 1 mistake so...Merc again.I suggest to add 1 click wing,I might do that also.Dont change anything if you didnt try in VLN weather,no point
    Weird thing,I add click or 2 higer pressures,must say car is better on nords in high load corners,much better and most of them are like that :)
    I dont know can you guys fell tire flex on normal iRacing ffb but for some time in my head is lowest pressures possible and I didnt even try to go higer.Im usin iRFFB and 360 hz output and I can feel tire flex,like actual flex,so great but I didnt know am I idiot or its real thing but is real thing.On Nords in high load corners I can feel how tire flex but on bad way,dont know english word,like its flat tire and flex is bad.Now with 1 or 2 click higer I dont feel this anymore and it seems on Nords,in this weather little higer pressures is awesome.
    I tried just 2 clicks but I will try higer,just try but I think 145 is highest I would go
    I dont have VIR also so VLN for me and ProtoGT

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  18. Noodleguitar

Noodleguitar Moderator

Are you guys doing the VLN Saturday race? I'm probably driving it as well. I'm just not sure whether I should be in the Mercedes or the Porsche.

19. SavreticD

SavreticD Core

Noel I will try to do both races but like always If I woke up for first.I will be in Merc but its best for you to be in Porsche,one less guy to worry about haha :)

20. ShadniX

ShadniX Casual

I'll do the Saturday race in the Merc again.