Worlds Adrift closed beta

Kitlope

Hardcore
I snagged a key last week for about 37 Cdn bones and been playing this rather unique survival sandbox MMO, I gotta say I'm quite enjoying it, building a ship and flying around the atmosphere to these floating islands exploring, searching for upgrades and knowledge points and always the threat of getting whacked by some douches. Already had a ship stolen by a marauding gang of hoodlums as I was building it, thought I found a beautiful isolated little island off the beaten path but alas was heartbreaking watching my hard earned labour fly away for 10 minutes into the sky doing about 6 mph lol. Fuck did I laugh.

It's buggy as hell, about the worst lag I've ever seen when a new floating island appears/going through the windwall (soft zoning) which then throws you off your ship and you fall to your death... here's hoping for a patch soon. I consider it kind of a old man's versions of Rust... which is fitting I guess. They using the new Spatial OS server tech which is pretty neat in itself.

Spatial OS video for the tech nerds:

Attachments

Kitlope

Hardcore
They only release so many keys (known as a Founder Pack, there's 3 different tiers) at a time, seems every few weeks. You need to watch their forums/steam etc because they make an announcement a few hours before they release keys... very easy to miss. I think the next batch is next week, was supposed to be this week but they delayed it so it coincides with a much much needed patch. It's definitely early release, much too easy to grief players and a host of other issue but Bossa Studios seems to be energetic and listening. So much potential, here's hoping they don't mess this up as this can be my go to "epic novella" type game, I was hoping No Man's Sky would fill that void but what a piece of shit overhyped waste of $66.00 that was. I was cucked.

This recent post regarding keys explains it better. https://www.worldsadrift.com/blog/to-key-or-not-to-key/

Jerad

TS3 SA
Cool I'll keep an eye out and nab a key if I can. I haven't been doing much else as of late seeing as it's warm and summery outside.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics