1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Band of Others is populated with passionate Gamers maintaining friendships from time of registration up to 15+ years. Members comprise of good people like you with widely varying levels of Gaming experience.

We actively support a wide range of Gaming Genres such as First Person Shooters, Role Playing Games, Simulations and even Strategy Games.

We maintain our own 500+ slot Teamspeak 3 Server with plenty of room for you and your friends to chat.

For those of you looking for information on our iRacing programs such as Blancpain GT3 League and Practice Pals, please see here.

Join us today, you'll be glad you did!
    Dismiss Notice

Yet another project - volunteers required

Discussion in 'Gaming General & Off Topic' started by Duke, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Duke

Duke Staff Member Site Admin

Hello all,

As some of you may recall, prior to the addition of a Webcam to Band of Others Twitch Channel I'd posted the need for volunteers to give feedback before my decision to go public.

This small group of people were in Teamspeak and recorded live during the limited unveil which were mixed together (poorly) in the Official Launch as seen here:

I've a similar requirement this time around on a new project I'm working on.

The difference this time around is that secrecy is not as important as it was previously so I can share some details to aid you should you be considering:
    • This project is unrelated to Band of Others and will be handled primarily offsite.
    • You must be willing to Register at another Web Forum specifically Movie-Talk.net http://movie-talk.net/forum/
    • You like to watch and discuss movies past, present and future.
    • As before you'll be required to be in Teamspeak and will have your reactions recorded.
    • Total expected runtime (maximum) ~ 60 minutes.
    • Projected format will be based off a popular opinion Poll based on your feedback.
    Movie-Talk.net:

Just a little background on Movie-Talk. Movie-Talk is 1 of 3 Web Communities I own and Operate the other 2 being Lifesupporters.com and of course, Band of Others. In my attempt to bolster the Band of Others Community I've had to sacrifice both Movie-Talk and Lifesupporters both of which have experienced massive declines in activity as a result

Lifesupporters does not relate to anything Band of Others however there is very clear overlap between Gaming and Movies so I believe they can compliment each other. According to Google Analytics it's a near 50/50 split of upstream traffic coming from Gaming or Movie related Web Searches.

This project aims at bolstering exceptionally high levels of Movie topic interactivity in a live format supported by Movie-Talk Community as both pre and post discussion.

The goal of this project is to determine feasibility.

As before please respond here if interested and I'll add you to the group.

Registration closed Feb 15, 2018

Thank you for your consideration.

Respectfully,

Ken

Jes_971 likes this.
  2. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

I'm in ! \o/

Duke likes this.
  3. Duke

Awesome Nejt, glad to have you.

Nejtun likes this.
  4. Duke

There were a few people asking about this in TS last night so here is a bump to make it current.

Time is running out though as we're aiming to have the advanced screening within the next week or two.

Nejtun likes this.
  5. Nejtun

Nejtun Moderator

Come on ladies and gentleman , the last reveal was an hour of fun and a break from the things we normally do :D. We had an excellent laugh on TS and it helped Ken make the transition to webcam!
    Grab your popcorn and lets have another random hour of fun :D

Duke likes this.
  6. Big_J_29

Big_J_29 Casual

I am down, sounds like a great idea.

Duke and Nejtun like this.
  7. Deb

Deb Moderator

Sorry, I didn't see this the first time. I'll help, but I don't watch a ton of movies, often don't have time. But if I have an assignment, I get it done :)

Duke and Nejtun like this.
  8. Duke

Alright awesome, great to have you both on board!

I should have some info available in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks again.