My name is Ken and I’m an alco…
…oops sorry, wrong speech.
For those of you who know me, I’m a somewhat vocal and ever so slightly sarcastic (im?)mature Gamer running a fledgling Twitch Channel called BandofOthers.
For some time now I’ve been experimenting with streaming on Saturday afternoons (12 PM PST, 3PM EST) and have decided to make this a regular occurrence.
Given the fact I typically stream Multiplayer only Games I feel a day free of the distractions of performing in a group is necessary to better converse with our small yet enormously entertaining Twitch audience.
With your help I was able to get through the survival horror SOMA and have a number of laughs all the while p00ping myself as I cowered in corners.
With your help I’d like to continue this trend; the Saturday stream part not the p00ping in corners.
…although that does sound appealing lol.
SOMA was a game picked for me to play by the Community so this is a trend I’d also like to continue. For this reason I need your help selecing the next game to Live Stream on Band of Others Twitch Channel.
Given not every game is a good fit for streaming in this format I have only a few prerequisites:
- Story driven single player only, genre not important but preference given to first person.
- My aging system can handle it: i7 3770K, Asus P8Z77 V-Pro, EVGA GTX970 FTW Edition, Windows 7.
For now this is PC only but I’m working on getting my PS4 hooked up to my PC monitors for Live Streaming as well.
Current list of Games in Steam Library (with notes as required):
- Alan Wake: 1.4 hrs in, bought it on steam sale, not a big fan of it so far.
- Alien Isolation: 6.3 hrs in most of it spend hiding.
- ArmA III: 121 hrs played, would like to try campaign.
- Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag: bought on steam sale, heard it was good, haven’t played it yet.
- BioShock Infinite + Burial at Sea: played it, loved it, would play it again! (have not played BaS).
- Doom: 1.1 hrs in, lost interest due to arena combat, not scary or immersive like Doom 3.
- Game of Thrones – A Telltale Games Series: have not played yet, looks interesting.
- Max Payne 3: 13.5 hrs on record, lost interest, not sure why?
- Metro: Last Light: 14 hrs on record, love it but never finished.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider: 3.8 hrs on record, like it so far.
- Tales from the Borderlands: not tried it yet, looks interesting.
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter: 2.4 hrs in, not finished yet, good game/shitty puzzles!
- The Walking Dead Season 1 & 2: 4 hrs into Season 1.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and all expansions: 78 hrs in, what can I say, I LOVE THIS FRANCHISE!!! I’m milking it as it looks like forever before we’ll hear details about Cyberpunk 2077.
- The Wolf Among Us: 1.7 hrs in, clever story, humorous yet dark take on fairy tale characters.
- Wolfenstein: The New Order: 14.1 hrs on record, surprisingly good game and decent story (so far).
~ more than willing to start games over from the beginning.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention that I’m considering purchase of Deus X: Mankind Divided and will definitely be picking up Dishonored 2.
Lastly, I’m going to try and stretch these play sessions to 4 hours every Saturday so if 3PM EST to 7 PM EST is too late for you please comment below and I’ll start the stream 1 hr earlier.
PLEASE NOTE: Saturday streams may be preempted by iRacing Team Endurance events. For up to date B2O Live Stream information please follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook.
Please cast your vote below; you are allowed up to 5 votes.
Should you not see a game listed you’d like to see played, please add it to the comments below.