Conan's New Map - ISLE OF SIPTAH

Raggje

Casual
I did some research on the new map today. It looks amazing but a complete restart on your character.

Also the server is either or- kind of. Kind of meaning you are currently at 20 slots on bands if you wanted to keep the current world you could drop to 10 slots and add a second server in the cloud with another 10 slots. At least that is the way it works on g-portal. Anyway it comes out 9/15

ISLE OF SIPTAH

Jerad

TS3 SA
I was just looking at playing Conan again, I'd be down for picking up the expansion and checking out the new map.

Jerad

TS3 SA
If I understand correctly it's a whole new world and you'd start a game under the new map instead of the old one so everything would be starting over from square one.

Raggje

Casual
yes it is like a different version of Conan. If you keep the exiles map you need to have a different server or instance. Maybe you could split the 20 users and have 10 for each map. Gportal lets you split like that not sure if you can do the same or not.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Currently there's no option to Rent a Server for the expansion. I'll submit a ticket to find out when or if the option will be available.

I'll foot the bill for the two servers once it's available but we'll need to discuss what we want to do long term as we don't have the player base to support 2 Conan Servers.

Deb

I'm not sure what is going on. I bought the expansion on Steam and it automatically took me to Isle of Siptah instead of regular Conan. And I could join our server and it was loading Isle of Siptah. I don't want that to happen because we'll lose all our current builds in the regular Conan, so as soon as I saw it was loading Isle of Siptah, I backed out.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
We may have a problem then because I may have inadvertently wiped the previous server.

I was under the impression Isle of Siptah could not run on the same server and there is no option for it in the server control panel.

The server did appear offline when I logged in. Usually when that happens I install the latest mod as that typically fixes the issue. I'm hoping the latest mod isn't Isle of Siptah.

Did you just cancel when you saw an Isle of Siptah banner or did you physically load into the server on the new map?

Deb

I cancelled when I saw Isle of Siptah, so did not load in. Can the current server be reverted to regular Conan, I would hate to lose all of our stuff :(

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I cancelled when I saw Isle of Siptah, so did not load in. Can the current server be reverted to regular Conan, I would hate to lose all of our stuff :(
If this new mod changed the server to Isle of Siptah then we've lost everything as there are no server backups.

My guess is that it's still the existing server and you're just seeing and Isle of Siptah banner when the game loads.

Can someone please physically connect to the server and confirm if we're still running the latest version of Conan Exiles or Isle of Siptah?

I would but I'm at work currently.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Logged on tonight and can confirm the server is not running Isle of Siptah. All you're seeing @Deb is advertising for the expansion and possibly installed content if you purchased.

Afaik, to run an Isle of Siptah server you actually need to run an entirely different install and configuration. There is no switching between the two as they both act like two completely separate games.

Deb

Okay, thanks @Kenadian, I logged in and was able to get to regular Conan, so all's good there. Will probably look for a server that is running Isle of Siptah.

Deb

We found a PVP server and are playing Isle of Siptah. So far, I am really enjoying a new map to explore, although the server levels you up really fast, which is kind of weird. Haven't gotten to the dungeons yet, maybe today ;)

Jerad

TS3 SA
We found a PVP server and are playing Isle of Siptah. So far, I am really enjoying a new map to explore, although the server levels you up really fast, which is kind of weird. Haven't gotten to the dungeons yet, maybe today ;)
I was reading some (not so positive) reviews how the map seems to be designed more for group PVP than the original map was.

I still gotta to pick it up and try it out.

Raggje

Casual
I have a server I play PVE on. There are definitely aspects that were designed for PvP specifically the surges that you summon. I dont really PvP anymore so I set it to PvE but you could really sneak and and steal the good thralls while the person taht summoned was dealing with mobs. That part would be fun. The vaults have a timer so maybe you could fight to get in. I find the storm itself to be fun. Pretty sure you cant win it........but you get lots of the ??????? items that you need to summon the surge. Wild surges are only good for level 1 crafters and what teh equivalent of river thralls. Summon surge is where you get the good stuff but its hectic on a P v P server it would be madness but fun I am sure.

In any case Deb is right youl level too fast and there are too many resources. I still find it fun but I also play exiles map just as much. If you wanna try the new map PvE it is Nomads Isle of Siptah or DM me.

I am 60 and have done a lot of it so let me know if I can help in anyway.

I am Toba on Band of Others as well -

Deb

We have moved to a PVE-Conflict server. There was a group of trolls on the PVP server that we learned had been getting on a lot of PVP servers, joining clans and then stealing their stuff and destroying their bases. They start fights with other clans and then bring tons of their thugs in and destroy people's bases. So we left the Tormentia server. I want nothing to do with that kind of conflict.

Raggje

Casual
How are you guys liking Siptah now. I like it a lot now but getting used to the economy changes. Got my 1st T4 crafter so that was exciting

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics