2016 iRacing Bathurst 1000

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

We are just over a week away from the most challenging Endurance event of the year! 161 laps around circuit Mount Panorama in the V8 Supercars!!

When: Saturday 15/10/2016 - 2:00 GMT (Friday 10:00 PM EDT) **Broadcasted**
...........Saturday 15/10/2016 - 13:00 GMT (Saturday 9:00 AM EDT)
...........Sunday 16/10/2016 - 17:00 GMT (Saturday 1:00 PM EDT)
...........Sunday 16/10/2016 - 14:00 GMT (Sunday 10:00 AM EDT)
Distance: 161 Laps 5-6 Hours
Team Size: 2
Cars: V8 Supercar Ford Falcon FG V8
...,.V8 Supercar Holden Commodore VF V8

B2O TEAMS

Band of Others - Team Ford

Team ID: 33095
Drivers: Davey Riendeau
............. Marc Gammack
Races: 1, 2, 4(?)

Be-Two-OH-GEE Nejtun
Team ID: 62974
Drivers: Nejtun Cameron
LT Harris

The times given are pulled directly off the iRacing.com website, but "Eastern [Daylight Savings] Time" is only GMT (-4), and even when Daylight Savings Time ends, "Eastern Standard Time" is only GMT (-5)...?

I BELIEVE that the EDT (GMT -4) times given are accurate so for right now, plan around those!

B2O V8 BlueOrange Suit

B2O V8 BlueWhite Suit

Attachments

Last edited:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Be honest, do you guys want me there to Stream and for moral support or will I just be a distraction?

I'll try to keep my mouth shut as much as possible but you know me. I'll certainly mute myself while I answer Twitch chat though if that helps.

Noodleguitar

I'm still in doubt, but tempted. IMSA is racing Bathurst that week I believe and I'd need quite a bit of practice in the V8.

Also, if the GT3s drivers are doing it it will be very dangerous because they can't drive on this track at all. They treat it like any other sprint race, which equals being idiots for them.

Noodleguitar

Nice, make sure to show that to Davey at least once every day for preparation.

Daylight Savings Time won't end until November 6 in the states, so you can just use the regular GMT - 4 time for EDT.

Don't think I was asking for a spot on the team btw, just keep your plan going. If I do it all, it would most likely be solo. I might want to steal your guys' set though :p.

Don't know about Grump and the French guy, but I always like your moral support Duke. If one is going into the wall anyway, it might as well be while laughing.

Tony

Casual
I'm looking to run the 1000 next weekend. I know I'm late to the party but I'm looking for co-drivers.

Fromthenavy

TS3 SA
This is what I've been working on the last few days.

I'll be putting a lot more time into this setup this week and will probably miss out of Practice Pals Mon / Wed to try and get a better hold on this set up and will post updated revisions in this thread.

There's a couple things I'd like to dial out especially the turn in but that may be the lack of time I've put into the V8 the last few weeks. I have to be completely off of the brake in order to get this to turn in to an apex and working on getting rid of the general understeer in a few corners.

Attachments

Jes_971

Hardcore
Thanks for posting Davey. I forgot to get the set from you last night. Thanks for the line pointers too. I'm getting them down and its making things easier.

Tony

Casual
I just realized that the other Bathhurst 1000 post was from last year. Any solo drivers looking for a co-driver (or two)?

Fromthenavy

TS3 SA
Thanks for posting Davey. I forgot to get the set from you last night. Thanks for the line pointers too. I'm getting them down and its making things easier.
No problem bud if you're around this week for some practice I have no issues trying to help out.

The only line I don't know is how to hit the jump.

Nejtun

Hopefully going to do well in this one!
My team is:

Be-Two-OH-GEE Nejtun.
Team ID: 62974
Drivers: Nejtun Cameron.
LT Harris.

Would be cool if I don't lose anymore iRating this week might even get in the same split as Davey and Marc.
I'll add the car pictures as soon as I can finish this damned paint ;)

Nejtun

I was planning on the Saturday 13:00 GMT one, isn't that normal for everybody here for the rest of the endurances ?

Noodleguitar

Nice and shiny, I'd like to experiment how it looks with some dents in it.

The 13:00 GMT is the regular time split but since we have some Murican-only teams, they might have wanted to pick a more suitable time split.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads