Sim Date (Time of Day Setting): January 29, 2022
Sim Start Time (Time of Day Setting): 1:00 PM

Session
Warmup: 30 Minutes
Qualifying: Attached & Solo - 8 Minutes for 2 Laps
Race: 24 Hours
Weather: Dynamic
Splits By: iRating
Team Event: Yes (min 2 drivers and max 16)
Stop and Go Limit: 100 incs and every 20 after
DQ Limit: None
Field Size : 50

Class and Car (BOP to be added 1 week prior to the event)

LMP2:
Dallara P217

GTD:
Audi R8 LMS
BMW M4 GT3
Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
Lamborghini Huracán GT3 EVO
McLaren MP4-12C GT3
Mercedes AMG GT3
Porsche 911 GT3 R

Deb

P2 could be fun, not sure about the Lambo, I know Marc likes it, I haven't driven it much but willing to give it a try.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I'd be willing to drive the Lambo as well. The car is a lot of fun, really planted overall and reasonably predictable.

What @Skid_Marc_ and I've been doing the last few Endurance Races was narrowing down our preferred vehicles and letting them prove themselves on track.

It's the reason we drove the M8 over the C8.R at Sebring and why we chose the Lambo over the Bumwuh at Suzuka.

It really is such a shame to move on from them- iRacing did such a great job building a good collection of GTE cars and they're so amazing to drive. But yeah- writing was on the wall for the category sadly.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I can't commit to anything because of work, but I'll turn laps in whatever whenever, and try to fill in if I can. Here's my fastest lap from our first practice tonight, using the iRacing IMSA Endurance series rules/weather.

I can't commit to anything because of work, but I'll turn laps in whatever whenever, and try to fill in if I can. Here's my fastest lap from our first practice tonight, using the iRacing IMSA Endurance series rules/weather.
Nice lap. I would love to get in a session tomorrow (Friday) evening if anyone is around.

I still haven't turned laps since Suzuka (mentioned in my other thread) but got a new Mobo and clean windows install so I'm hopeful that solved my issues.

I need to buckle down and give it a proper test with a couple non-stop stints before I feel confident I'm not going to screw everyone else over by driving the car.

I'm interested in participating. I'll drive the lambo and probably buy the P2 and give that a go also. I don't know what my work schedule will be but I can tentatively commit a week prior and then I'll know for sure if I'm working Saturday or Sunday by the Thursday leading up to the weekend.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I should be on for a little while tonight. I tested the Lambo at Daytona last night and was able to get in the 1:35s, bus stop is a little crazy, but practice should help :)
You went faster in the Lambo than you went in the P2 (1:39), and you're "struggling" with the bus stop? Are you even taking the bus stop? What kind of black-magic-ery are VRS doing over there?

How the fuck am I going to find 9 seconds...?;)

lol I was going to comment along the same lines Marc. Deb is way too fast!

In my hour ish of testing (no draft obviously) I'm hitting around high 1:45s. Still need lots of practice but more important to get everyone together so I feel comfortable driving in traffic.

I guess we're leaning toward the lambo right now? Just trying to decide what to practice. I'll probably only want a few stints if we end up driving the lambo. Just not my cup of tea, but I'll support the team with some stints.

So who all is confirmed driving? So far I only see @Deb, @Daunt and I completely confirmed. I think all of us want to drive the P217. We'd need at least one more driver to have a realistic shot at the 24. I've done a 3 driver 24, it's possible, but it's exhausting.

I still would prefer the Lambo but I understand I'm the minority so don't mind me- I still don't even own the P2. As I said before I'm not opposed to it but this event I'm not going to be around for a lot of time, so if we are that short I probably should not commit - I apologize but don't want to get any hopes up.

The event always falls on the weekend of my wife's bday so my time is not as wide open as I'd like it to be, but def not enough to do a 3/4 driver daytona.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Endurance 2022

Daytona 24hr: IMSA
  ~ January 21 - 23
Bathurst 12hr: GT3
  ~ February 25 - 27
Sebring 12hr: IMSA
  ~ March 18 - 20
Nurburgring 24hr: GT3, GT4, PCup, Audi RS3
  ~ April 15 - 17
Watkins Glen 6hr: IMSA