Alternative to VRS GT3 Series

Deb

We've discussed some thoughts about running a different series in PP and League the past few weeks since Blanc Pan changed to VRS. I am not sure if the change has caused participation to drop off, I think it probably has to do with a lot of personal commitments for several of us. And for me, the personal stuff and getting ready for a couple of other racing events, but I did think perhaps changing it up might be at least worth considering.

One thought I had was why not have a modified IMSA series next season? I am not sure what the issue is with having multi-class league, but maybe we limit it to two classes and let members vote on the two-classes. Could be like LMP1s and GTEs or GTEs and GT3s, or GT3s and Porsches, whatever everyone votes for for the season. The points could be based on class or you could use the average time difference of the classes and gross up the slower class based on an average. Lots of whys it could be done and I am sure we could figure that part out. Just a thought if folks wanted to change things up next season.

Not that I ever make PP (stupid IRL stuff :mad:). I would be more than happy to swap off GT3's to almost anything else.

Hopefully I'll get my stuff together soon and start making the Monday PP's at least.

I'm not sure if I attribute it to the VRS/Blancpain thing, which for all intents and purposes is just a name change. I think it has more to do with all the BoP changes, which changed the feel of a lot of cars, which has led to people just feeling very burnt out with GT3 cars. GT3 cars in iRacing are super stagnant in general. Combine that with BoP changes that people have mixed reviews of and fancy new series like Le Mans with the LMP1's and I think it's just led people to have a general sense of malaise about GT3 in general.

I'm not sure we have the participation right now to support a multi-class league...but my bias for GTE is well documented. Maybe we can do a sports car rotation? One week we do GT3 cars, next week GTE, then maybe some prototype racing (whether that's DP, P2, P1, whatever). Keep it in the sports car realm, but rotate what we're driving week to week to keep the spice in it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPFreely
Top Bottom