American Truck Simulator Oregon DLC

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Showing ocean would most certainly give this away but given the current map, the mountains, the logging roads and timber my guess is Washington and Oregon.

They really are beautiful screenshots regardless of where they are.

Shilka

Hardcore
Do you think that the second picture is where the Deschutes river meets the Colombia river? I see similarity in mountain shapes, tree presence and guard rail type;

Shilka

Hardcore
And I think the 6th picture might be based on the International paper mill in Springfield, Oregon. Note the same main smokestack, smaller smoke stacks and main building orientation, same larger grey silo, smaller brown silo's, long slender silo, and especially the view from the road which has the same curve, guardrail/path/fence/bushes combo. Even the pine tree on the right is there.;

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Wow terrific sleuthing there my good man Watson :)

This picture just seemed like something I'd expect to see along the i5 but it was the reason I thought of Washington as this is what BC looks like and Washington is on our Southern Border:

02.jpg

In saying that I didn't spend a lot of time paying attention in Oregon as it was more a case of "get there, get back" with Oregon. The only thing I really did there was stop to do some ATV riding on sand dunes in Southern Oregon and then detour to drive up the Coast for a bit.

If it were Oregon I'd guess Northern as Southern is a bit dryer iirc.

Fingers crossed it's both as I'd love to see them work Eastward from that point on as I'd love to see both sides of the Rockies and the diversity offered in other States such as Idaho and Montana.

Shilka

Hardcore
During the rescale, SCS mentioned their wish for having two map teams work simultaneously on ATS expansions;
SCS Thursday June 23 2016 said:
And in the middle of all of this, our hope is to grow the company enough to have two map designer teams working in parallel on growing North America both Northward and Eastward at the same time.
Since we just had New Mexico released, and this upcoming one clearly being Oregon, it is most likely that their wish has come true, so I expect any next development to be both Northwards as well as Eastwards. Of Course Texas could be next, but don't let that fool you into thinking that the North side is not under development. There definitely is work being done on several fronts simultaneously :)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Hopefully this would translate to the next map expansions after Oregon and Texas being Washington and Idaho.

Although a part of me remains cautiously optimistic that they're working on Oregon and Washington at the same time.

Shilka

Hardcore
Officially confirmed by SCS; it indeed is Oregon :D

And what a beautiful change of scenery it indeed is :)
I'm also spotting quite a renewal of the wood industry assets, some new industry, new (very cool looking) trailer, more offroading; I'm definitely looking forward to this one!

E

ElektroVodka

Wow with each of their updates you can see the level of detail improve.

The shipyard image (the one with the 2 skids with steel plates on them) looks very real.

Shilka

Hardcore
SCS has released a couple more screenshots of the upcoming Oregon DLC, this time the part of the scenic road 101, the coastal road continuing Northwards from California;

As a small added bonus SCS mentioned 'Washington State DLC' for the first time in their blog post, so who knows, I might have to make a new DLC topic once again soon...

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Wow that's fantastic news and exactly what I was hoping for.

Here's hoping SCS continues this trend working Eastward one state at a time. If they keep going at this pace we may see the entire Rockies mapped out in the next year or two. I really hope they do the Rockies justice and give us cramped narrow areas with very steep grades.

Shilka

Hardcore
Allright! News from SCS; Oregon DLC will be released this October!

Feature list:
  • Over 5,000 miles of new in-game roads
  • 14 major cities, including Portland, Salem, and Eugene
  • 13 large custom rest/truck stops for parking and refueling
  • Lots of smaller rest areas and motels around the roads
  • 700+ completely new 3D assets
  • 25 Unique, complex and realistic custom-built junctions and Interstate interchanges
  • 17 new local company docks and industries
  • Well-known landmarks both natural and man-made - Mt. Hood, Thor's Well, Crater Lake, Crooked River Valley, Yaquina Head Lighthouse, Youngs Bay Bridge ...
  • Oregon-bound achievements to unlock

You can wishlist here:

Shilka

Hardcore
Ohh, nice Marc!
Have a good look at all settings for getting stuff as realistic as you can, I might have a few mod recommendations for you later :)
Good one!

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics