B2O-4K - Theme Bug Tracker

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
B2O-4K is a Fluid Theme for XenForo supporting Monitor Resolutions ranging from 1280 x 720 up to and including 5760 x 1080.

Features Include:
  • Autostretch Forum up to 1600 px width
  • Pinned Navigation Menu that Scrolls with the Forum
  • Wider Sidebar now included on all Forum Index, Topic Index and Discussion Pages
  • Larger Font and Line Height allowing for improved legibility
  • Better optimized Templating allowing for faster page load time
  • Mobile friendly
As you may have noticed, this is a Live Theme still early in development. For this reason a number of styling issues still need addressing prior to version complete.

Should you experience any issues please report as follows:
  • Description of issue experienced
  • URL of page where error occurred
Where possible, attaching a screenshot of said issue will aid greatly in correction.

For a list of know issues please see below.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Known B2O-4K Theme Issues:
  • Alert styling issues - Custom css added to extra.less.
  • Image background hides behind topnav at higher resolutions - Corrected. Change to focal placement near vertical center of 1920 x 1080. This allows for image to transition upward without losing focal point of background.
  • Breadcrumb formatting difficult to read on certain backgrounds - Custom css added to extra.less.
  • Pagination styling issues - Custom css added to extra.less.
  • Member Autocomplete Popup illegible - Custom css added to extra.less. Not ideal or consistent but functional.
  • Notices System difficult to read - Corrected in Style Preferences.
  • User CP "Member Preferences" navigation formatting issues.
  • "Threads" and "Messages" adding irreverent Keyword noise affecting SEO - display: none; added to extra.less.
  • Sub Categories now dropdown. Prefer to lose "Sub Category" Dropdown for SEO purposes and list Sub Categories on Main Forum Index - Corrected in Preferences.
  • Media Embeds in Forum not working - Rebuild Master Data list provided most of functionality.
  • Media Embeds in Sidebar not working - Can't figure this out, require help at XenForo.
  • B2O Community Avatar not being fed to Twitter via RSS - Logo.og.png uploaded to Server.
  • Mobile Display Issues (possible due to Sidebar) - Combination of Cellpadding and Forum Width. Cellpadding carries over between cells until such time as they collapse causing the compressed message stacking as noted.

LEGEND:

Issue Reported
Partial Functionality
Feature Complete
Require Outside Assistance

Last edited:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Positional background image issue when viewed at full resolution:

b20-4k.jpg

Unsure of how this can be fixed given proportions between 1920 and 5760?

Shilka

Hardcore
All your twitch stuff shows up as black squares for me, both channels and clips.
(tried both chrome and edge) will do some testing though.

Last edited:

Shilka

Hardcore
OK I found the problem. The twitch embedding uses third party cookies, which I have blocked in chrome. I think edge automatically blocks third party cookies by default, not sure where and what settings to change in edge to make the clips show up. Other embedded sources (like youtube) don't use third party cookies so they work okay in any browser/settings.

The twitch link in your signature automatically being converted to an embedded video player might be a problem though, as it makes your sig pretty huge XD

Shilka

Hardcore
Not sure if you already mentioned it (I'm not very proficient in xenforo lingo :p ), but the white in the background makes certain texts hard to read

b2.jpg

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
The twitch link in your signature automatically being converted to an embedded video player might be a problem though, as it makes your sig pretty huge XD
Bizarre that was happening. I'll have to check and see if there's a way to disable links switching to media embeds via Forum Signature.

Certainly unintended behavior, not sure this happened on the test site?

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Not sure if you already mentioned it (I'm not very proficient in xenforo lingo :p ), but the white in the background makes certain texts hard to read

View attachment 4197
Yep this is already mentioned as "Breadcrumbs" but should have known nobody would know what that terminology meant.

When I find the styling I'll be adding an outline and shadow to this area to correct the problem.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
A few mobile screens. One is viewed as the desktop site, the other two are the mobile site the top part is all squished but if you scroll to bottom, the posts look fine
I figured that would be an issue which why I posted this in the OP...
Duke said:
B2O-4K is a Fluid Theme for XenForo supporting Monitor Resolutions ranging from 1280 x 720 up to and including 5760 x 1080.
I just don't see a way to serve both Handheld Devices and PC's the same Theme given the massive range in Resolution.

For Mobile I'll likely serve an entirely different Theme that is forced on Users based off device being used.

Daunt

MLG Pro
Well the mobile version works fine except for the title, tags, poster, etc. the posts are fine but the title and whatnot act weird.

My first screenshot shows the forum looking fine except for the stuff at the top (not the menu)

But my desktop version of the site on mobile should work fine. the resolution is 2960x1440 pixels so I don't see how that would be a cause for showing how it does (third screenshot)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
So the janky looking images are at 2960 x 1440, I'm not even sure how that's possible?

The only thing I can think of is that all elements are not responsive which is something that needs to be addressed at a template level which I've not delved deep into yet.

EDIT -> By default XenForo doesn't add a Sidebar beyond the Main Page. @Daunt, is the Main Page also affected or just Posts?

Assuming it's Posts then it's the likely the Sidebar isn't playing nice as it's 100 or 150px wider than Default (can't remember which). The Sidebar is also not responsive at any level so it doesn't care what Device you're viewing the site through.

There is code I can use to disable the Sidebar for Mobile. Perhaps doing this would make this Theme usable for most Devices?

Last edited:

Daunt

MLG Pro
So the janky looking images are at 2960 x 1440, I'm not even sure how that's possible?
Middle image- try opening up in photoshop- size is 1080 x 2220. Why wouldn't it be possible? Phones nowadays have good or better res than most monitors (save for high end ones).

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics