• [IMSA] Circuit Gilles Villeneuve - Grand Prix

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • [iRLMS] Sebring International Raceway - International

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
A couple months ago, there was a vote on the forum to postpone league races on Friday until after then end of the 2018 endurance schedule. With the iRacing Special Events calendar wrapping up this past weekend with the iRacing Petit Le Mans, and the 2018 iRacing VLN Endurance Championship coming to a close this weekend, the majority of iRacing Endurance Events is pretty much complete, excluding the series that follow the iRacing quarterly calendar.

From that thread, as well as talking to people in Teamspeak, I'd like to try to move forward and get people back into the Forum, iRacing and League! My goal is to pick up the League starting Friday, 19 October 2018. This allows us to still use half of the 2018 Season 4 schedule!

This time, we're looking at focusing on GTE cars! Starting in 2019, these cars will be featured in the iRacing Pro Series, and their popularity appears to be growing!

Ferrari 488 GTE

Ford GT - 2017

Porsche 911 RSR

Every week we'll have a track choice between the Official "iRacing Le Mans Series" and the Official "IMSA Sportscar Championship".

Remaining IMSA Schedule Starting 16 October;

Week 7: Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - GP Pits​
Week 8: Autódromo José Carlos Pace (Interlagos) - Grand Prix​
Week 9: Sonoma Raceway - Long​
Week 10: Sebring International Raceway - International​
Week 11: Daytona International Raceway - Road Course​
Week 12: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix​

Remaining iRLMS Schedule Starting 16 October;

Week 7: Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans - 24 Heures du Mans​
Week 8: Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix​
Week 9: Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari (Imola) - Grand Prix​
Week 10: Circuit of the Americas - Grand Prix​
Week 11: Watkins Glen International - Boot​
Week 12: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix​

League Format:
League consists of 3 sessions as follows:
  1. Open Qualify Session: Full Fuel - 7:30 PM EDT (60 minutes). Drivers must record a clean lap within 103% of the fastest recorded lap time. Those who cannot do so are placed at the tail end of the field for the Qualify Race.
  2. Qualify Race (Inverse Grid "Opt In"): Full Fuel - 8:30 PM EDT (30 minutes = 10 minute Warm Up + 20 minute Sprint Race). "Opt In" Inverse Grid based off results from Open Qualifier. Drivers outside of the 103% rule are automatically placed at the tail end of the field. (No Pit Stop)
  3. Main Race ("Opt In" Inverse Grid determined by Qualify Race): Full Fuel - 9:10 PM EDT (60 minutes = 10 minute Warm Up + 50 minute Race). Grid is set by results from Qualify Race. One Pit Stop is required for tires only at the 25 minute mark.
Pit Window: 5 minutes in duration. Drivers must pit for tires within this window or incur a penalty. Pit Stop is only required in the Main Race.

Fast Repair: One fast repair is available. If taken outside of Pit Window Driver must perform a drive through penalty within Pit Window.

Scoring:

Championship Standings

What makes Band of Others League unique is our ongoing commitment to provide scoring options that allow Drivers of all pace to score well.

All bonuses (and penalties) are geared toward rewarding people for clean driving and participation.

Scoring is % based on number of laps completed. All Drivers must complete 90% of the Leaders laps to achieve maximum points.

Qualify Race Scoring: Positions 1 - 10 score. First place scores 10 points for race win with each lesser position scoring less one point. Race winner is also afforded 1 bonus point for race win.

Main Race Scoring: Race winner is scored 50 points + 1 bonus point, all positions following are scored -1 point from the previous position.

Bonuses: Qualify and Main Race only.
  • + 1 point for Race winner.
  • + 3 points for Race finish.
  • + 5 points for Race finish with 0 incident points.
  • + 10 points for 8 Race participation (proposed) Test Season Only
  • + 10 points for 16 Race participation (proposed) Test Season Only
  • + 25 points for referring a friend (proposed) Test Season Only. NOTE: Both Driver and friend MUST complete 8 Race minimum for either to score bonus.
Penalties:
  • - 3 points for every 10 incidents.
  • Car contact resulting in loss of control (drive through penalty).
NOTE: All drive through penalties MUST be served within 3 laps of offence.

Open Setups:

If you have a good setup please post it here.

If you are unwilling or unable to share your setup with other League Drivers then you are not permitted to use it during League events.

Car Selection:

All Drivers have until Week 4 to test different cars and still be scored in League.

Starting Week 5 you must commit to one car for the remainder of the Season else you will not score points.

After Week 5, you are allowed to change your car at any time in the season, but you will forfeit any points scored in a race not completed in your Week 5 car.

See you on the track!

Your input is appreciated.

Are you content with the current format of League (60-minute Qualifying, 20-minute Sprint Race, 50-minute Main Race)?

The fuel allotment and requirements of GTE cars are different from the GT3 cars. 50 minutes should be okay but it will be pushing the limits of the cars fuel, depending on the track. However, the car does take tyres and fuel at the same time, so it may not be an issue either way.

Instead of a track vote each week in the forum, would it be better to have the track vote (for the next week) after the league race so that the people participating in league get to decide? That also allows everyone to leave league each week knowing where league will be the following week.

Last edited:

Daunt

MLG Pro
100% would be more interested in a GTE league over a GT3 league. I think the format sounds good too. 50 minutes is a nice time. I also like the idea of holding a vote right after the race (or maybe before in case everyone jets) for the following week. But it might be best to hold a vote for like this track vs that (rather than leave it completely open)

Don't count on me as a driver though but I would try to make some races.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Thanks @Skid_Marc_ for taking the lead on this, I don't know what I'd do without you?

I do have a suggestion however, there is no need to follow the Blancpain formula anymore. If we were to drop the 20 minute race in favor of maybe a 50 or 60 minute Main Race it would save people a bit of time perhaps upping the Participation.

In fact I'd actually recommend an hour Open Qualifier and a 40 - 50 minute Race with Pit Stop for Tires only.

Nejtun

I am a fan of the idea for sure, but am not a fan of running with a full tank of fuel if we are doing a pitstop for tyres, half a tank + half a tank and tyres at pitstop will have the cars feeling way better ( just my opinion )

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I am a fan of the idea for sure, but am not a fan of running with a full tank of fuel if we are doing a pitstop for tyres, half a tank + half a tank and tyres at pitstop will have the cars feeling way better ( just my opinion )
I understand but it's the best BOP we have.

Nejtun

I understand but it's the best BOP we have.
In fairness to iRacing ( yup they actually do some things right sometimes :D) the GTE cars are already pretty well 'bopped' for half a tank of fuel as that is what they are limited to in IMSA at the moment and I think 60% (might be 80) in ILMS

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
But it might be best to hold a vote for like this track vs that (rather than leave it completely open)
Every week we'll have a track choice between the Official "iRacing Le Mans Series" and the Official "IMSA Sportscar Championship".
The vote will always be between just two tracks. The track that IMSA is running the next week, or the track iRLMS is running the next week.

Deb

Not sure that I'll make it tonight :( There was a fire at an AT&T switching station and my U-verse is out, so no internet on the home computers :mad:

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
So, somehow (not sure at all what I was looking at), I'm a week off with my scheduling... This is only Week 6, which means;

[IMSA]
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

[iRLMS]
Sebring International Raceway - International

I reset the poll. My apologies to everyone who had already voted.. :/

Big_J_29

Casual
Will this be staying as a private hosted session on Friday nights and then on PP Mondays and Wednesdays we just use Pub Servers? I really like what you put together Marc, I will most likely Drive the Ferrari because it is a little more forgiving and god knows I need something forgiving. LoL.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Will this be staying as a private hosted session on Friday nights and then on PP Mondays and Wednesdays we just use Pub Servers? I really like what you put together Marc, I will most likely Drive the Ferrari because it is a little more forgiving and god knows I need something forgiving. LoL.
Yep, Private League but Public Practice.

Kinger

Core
This may force me to finally purchase the Porsche. Been putting it off on account of how little I've been racing (read none)........

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads