Bathurst 12 Hour 2021 (Preparation)

12H-Bathurst-350x197.png

We will use this thread for the following discussions as to keep the main event thread a little less cluttered:

• Practice time (who is available when for group practice coordination)
  • Initial setup postings (setup iterations leading up to the final setup decided upon. Final setups will be posted in the event thread once agreed upon)
  • Any other information not covered in main event thread

I'm checking to see if anyone will be practicing during the next couple days. I'll be available after tonight. (Thurs. 11th - Sun. 14th)

I really haven't done any laps at Bathurst yet. I've been driving the Ferrari at the VRS Sprint Series tracks for the last 2 & 1/2 weeks. (Imola, Laguna Seca, and Oulton Park) I was knocking the sim-rust off but now I'm ready to start focusing on the mountain. I'm doing the open setup Daytona 500 tonight so I won't be around tonight.

Thanks for the set share. Ran about an hour with it last night in default weather and then also in a hosted session. Seemed pretty safe overall. I'll probably be doing a bit more practice with it tonight unless I decide to run some GT3 at Sebring in an official session.

@Nejtun
@ShadniX
Kelley needs a BMW set. Y'all have a set your thinking of starting from?

@Kinger Good to hear! I'm going to do a GT3 Sebring or two as well. Let me know when you plan on doing one and I'll try to join ya. We may not be in the same split but we can keep each other company.

@Nejtun
@ShadniX
Kelley needs a BMW set. Y'all have a set your thinking of starting from?

@Kinger Good to hear! I'm going to do a GT3 Sebring or two as well. Let me know when you plan on doing one and I'll try to join ya. We may not be in the same split but we can keep each other company.
Cool cool. I should be on again Thurs during normal PP time either for some Sebring action or some additional Bathurst practice time.

As I mentioned to you last night Matt, I can drive either set and while I initially thought I preferred the original set posted, it does appear the more recent set is probably the better of the two especially if the temps are toasty. Pretty comfortably in the 2:07's with full fuel and maybe a dip into a 2:06 if I have a really flying lap.

My hope right now is that I can participate in the event with whoever else wants to pilot the Ferrari. I'm not big into long stints (or even multiple stints for that matter) so if I could participate with just a few hours of driving that would be most excellent!

Top Bottom