BFV discussion & patch notes

Ok I'm digging the game, have only about 20 hours in it since release on the 20th. Figured I would start a thread about BF patches/updates as it can really be a wealth of good information and sometimes even big surprises. I'm always trying to read and inform myself to try and gain an edge in this fast paced FPS as my reflexes just isn't what it used to be... so any advantage is a good thing.

First official post launch patch: Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 1: Overture Update (December 5th 2018, 10.41 GB).

There's a ton of text so I'll just provide a link.

http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice..._Chapter_1_Overture_Update_12052018_FINAL.pdf

Wonder why so many games in BFV are close, unlike in past Battlefield's where absolute blowouts were the norm?

-"Made tweaks to the Conquest Soft Catch-up mechanics. The catch-up will now only be activated when the losing team is very far behind instead of rounds that are fairly close. We think that this will make matches more fair in general, while at the same time making the matches a bit more exciting if the skill gap between the teams is too big."

Basically replacing the behemoths in BF1 that the losing team aquired. Lots of positive changes although here's one issue I read about that hasn't been fixed... and I'm not sure it's supposed to be. Basically, whenever you get a kill, the minimap for the enemy lights up for 5 seconds, revealing your position. Yup... hopefully a bug to be squashed. I really hope all spotting goes away!

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...are-spotted-for-5-seconds-when-you-get-a-kill

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Wonder why so many games in BFV are close, unlike in past Battlefield's where absolute blowouts were the norm?

-"Made tweaks to the Conquest Soft Catch-up mechanics. The catch-up will now only be activated when the losing team is very far behind instead of rounds that are fairly close. We think that this will make matches more fair in general, while at the same time making the matches a bit more exciting if the skill gap between the teams is too big."
Ha! Called it.... but damn... think about how bad the teams were that we actually still blew out of the water, if the, albeit "soft"-catch-up mechanics couldn't keep them close with us! :D

Patch released a couple days ago on Dec 11. From Guru3D:

DICE has released a new update for Battlefield 5. This patch is 650MB in size and fixes an issue where high-level Recon players lost access to the Throwing Knife and adjusts the initial respawn count on specific maps in Domination mode.

This patch fixes broken audio when watching the tutorial videos and fixes a crash that could occur when being in the Practice Range as a squad, a crash that could occur when viewing the Tides of War menu, as well as a crash that could occur when playing the Nordlys War Story.

Battlefield 5 December 11th Release Notes
  • Players no longer get spotted on the mini-map after killing an enemy.
  • Fixed an issue where high-level Recon players lost access to the Throwing Knife.
  • Adjusted the initial respawn count on specific maps in Domination mode.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when being in the Practice Range as a squad.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing the Tides of War menu.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when playing the Nordlys War Story.
  • Corrected the Tides of War countdown notice to show the correct number of days.
  • Fixed broken audio when watching the tutorial videos.
https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/battlefield-5-december-11th-update-has-been-released.html

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I tried it last night and didn't notice any dramatic difference.

Joe told me the time to kill was nerfed somewhat but I'd not really noticed. I wonder if that's because I was playing support and already my aim is so bad I need a clip to down one guy anyway?

I got given this for Christmas by an unascended family member (they got it for me on my Xbox One X) and played a bit late last night, it's pretty fun! Hoping they release some form of the 1942 maps would be hoping too much I guess. Would be awesome though

I'll blame this head cold I've had all weekend but I broke down and picked up bf v because it was half off. Some siege bros I play with convinced me to get it for a more casual paced shooter and I have to say the grand operations game mode is actually extremely fun. The complete mayhem I experienced with conquest was much more tame in grand operations and you can actually play objectively and tactically with your team.

The game still needs some work though, the movement is pretty hit or miss with some janky spots where you get stuck because your foot clipped into a bucket or a piece of wood or you guy just jumps in front of a vault location 8 times instead of vaulting. As well the damage indicator is often incorrect in showing which direction you took damage from. Also hit reg is feeling a little BF4ish, dying behind cover and network latency causing all your damage to land in one tick so it appears like you're getting one tapped while shooting enemies takes a fair number of shots.

Feels like it'll be a fun game to mess around on once in a while. I'll have to try and catch you guys online sometime.

Yeah I've only tried Conquest so far and it was complete chaos, almost gave me a headache!

I'll try grand operations instead mate and see if it's any better

Yeah I've only tried Conquest so far and it was complete chaos, almost gave me a headache!

I'll try grand operations instead mate and see if it's any better
Yea it's been a minute since I played bf4 but I feel like the maps are sort of poorly designed in bfv. Everything is a flank. There's no line of battle it's just a mess of people shooting in all directions.

Actually thinking about it, it could be the lack of spotting. No one has much awareness in this because it's a literal war zone and I see enemies pushing straight through team mates and neither see each other. Maybe it'll get better over time once people get used to not shooting at Doritos

Yea it's been a minute since I played bf4 but I feel like the maps are sort of poorly designed in bfv. Everything is a flank. There's no line of battle it's just a mess of people shooting in all directions.

Actually thinking about it, it could be the lack of spotting. No one has much awareness in this because it's a literal war zone and I see enemies pushing straight through team mates and neither see each other. Maybe it'll get better over time once people get used to not shooting at Doritos

You'd probably like Breakthrough more if that's the type of gameplay you're looking for.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Personally I'm really happy with BFV but the LMG bipod nonsense needs a serious nerf. It's actually more likely die to an LMG Sniper these days than an actual Recon.

It's just a high fire rate laser beam of death.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Overall patch notes sound ok.

SMG's got a small accuracy buff which should help the medic class in mid range combat.

The kill cam stuff has been overhauled a bit to provide more insight into what killed you and from where which is badly needed.

...a little disappointed to not see anything in there about dragging downed Squad mates to safety for safer revives.

Scope glare has been adjusted with a nerf to higher magnified scopes and a buff to more close range scopes even outside of the Recon Class. I think this is a good change as there have been instances where people camp at spawn with a high power scope and take pot shots at people. Oftentimes these folk have been very difficult to see and time was wasted trying to find the source of where you're taking damage.

I also like the Stuka adjustments because the dive alarm is not nearly scary enough. It should draw as much fear as a V1 does if you're in a vehicle.

Overall pretty good patch.

From the patchnotes: (And me usually being assault)

• The Panzerfaust no longer has a long delay before being able to fire after switching to the weapon.

• Fixed so that the Panzerfaust one-hit kills all types of airplanes, even when equipped with Specializations that reduce damage from Flak.

• Reduced the damage of the Panzerfaust. The Panzerfaust is very easy to use, and widely equipped. As a fast fire-and-forget weapon, its damage payoff was still too good against all types of armor. The damage is still high enough, even against a heavy tank, that a smart player can utilize a dedicated anti-tank loadout to defeat the enemy using skill and tactics.

And some general important notes:

• Footstep audio has been improved making walking and sprinting louder for a better gameplay experience, while crouching and crawling generates less sound to enable sneaking and stealth gameplay.

Increased the density of the fields on Arras when playing on lower settings, to not give a visual advantage to those playing on low-spec PCs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seraph
Top Bottom