Chia at Ricardo Tormo Circuit

Deb

IMG_3767.JPG
Guys, I can not tell you what an amazing experience this was. Started the day in AMG GTR to learn the track. And who was my instructor? . . . Bernd Schneider :D We did lead follow for about 12 laps, just me and him on the track, getting feedback in between stints. As soon as lunch was over, my GT4 instructor told me to suit up and out we went :D It was very hot so with all that gear on, I was glad the GT4 had a moderate air conditioner but still you couldn't string tons of laps cuz the car just got too hot. But driving it is so awesome! Easier than I thought once you adjust to it. You have to break so hard. It is so different but turn in is just incredible! We drove all afternoon, do a few laps, come in and look at telemetry while cooling off, go back out, plenty of seat time, really until i was worn out, had to stop at 5:00 when the track shuts down.

I was honestly able to get some decent lap times. I was really surprised that after I started figuring things out how responsive the car is. So, was it worth the price? Hell yes :D Would I do it again. . . In a heart beat, just unbelievable :D:D:D

Last edited:

little P

Super Mod
Awesome Deb, how much did that set you back then? Did you get anyone to get any video footage of you hooning it round?

Big_J_29

Casual
Deb that is so awesome! cant wait to see some videos so I can feel even worse about how slow I am in the Merc. HaHa

Deb

Yeah, maybe next time I can get B2O on it. It was about $6,000. But when I see all the work they put into this it is a bargain. They keep the cars immaculate. You pull into the pit, they are on you cleaning the windshield, checking the tires, etc, car up on jacks. What a feeling when ur sitting in the car for real and they drop it and off you go :D. They thought there might be an issue with my fuel pump after a couple stints and immediately brought me another car. Reinhold Ranger who leads the program was there with me almost the entire time along with Uwe and Bernd. And Uwe wouldn't cut me any slack, I wanted him to stay in the car with me and he did and he would tell me when it was wrong, when it was beautiful, etc. I spun the car one time off into the grass :eek:, came in, Reini just said, if ur not off track every once awhile u r not pushing hard enough. I was amazed, all they wanted was for you to get as much out of it that you could. I think I could have stayed on the track until I ran out of fuel, and that would've totally cool with them. Those German guys love their racing and they want you to love it too. Oh, but my hair, talk about helmet hair o_O

little P

Super Mod
Wow that experience sounds amazing! Very, very cool.

We don't need to know about how much helmet hair the German race car drivers have though, but thanks for the info :eek:

I bet being dropped down off the jacks felt so ridiculously awesome, I know I would have been grinning from ear to ear with that bit alone, never mind the rest of it. Well done for pushing to the point of spinning too, shows you were really going for it :D

Deb

Not their helmet hair, most of them have little or no hair, my helmet hair. Got back to the hotel and my husband said, "What's up with your hair?" I said. . . Ummm, race car." :D

I'll post a video as soon as AMG sends it.​

little P

Super Mod
O
Not their helmet hair, most of them have little or no hair, my helmet hair. Got back to the hotel and my husband said, "What's up with your hair?" I said. . . Ummm, race car." :D

I'll post a video as soon as AMG sends it.​
Oh Deb, you are so innocent lol Yeah looking forward to the Vids! :D We seriously need to get some B2O stickers made up @Kenadian for Deb's next on track adventure, bonus points for sticking them to the barriers if you spin out

Deb

IMG_3840.JPG
Guys, I have found us the perfect place for B2O headquarters!!!!!! It has 2800 rooms so we can all have our own gaming room, bedroom and bathroom and @Kenadian can have his own media production room. There is even a park next to it should @Shilka want to expand.

It is rather expensive, but if we pool our resources, I am sure we can afford it :oops:

Deb

I am waiting for AMG to send them to me and then I will post them. Hopefully they'll send me a stick with pictures and video.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics