Custom B2O ACC Server is Live for Testing!

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I am a firm believer in the theory loosly quoted "...there is no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it..." and once again that theory has prevailed!!

I currently have an ACC server up at Zolder with 1440' of Free Practice!

Server Name: BandofOthersGaming.com EGS Test2
Password: sheep

Going to be on this for the night, and the more people that join, the merrier! If you're unfamiliar with ACC, create a profile when you launch the game.

Once you have a profile, select Multiplayer, Choose your car (on the right), and select "Server List" on the bottom right.

Search for "band" in the "Search for server by name" bar hidden near the top. (It won't be red by default, so it's easily missed!)

Enter the Password at the bottom, and then select "Connect" in the top-right corner!

There are a few tweaks I could make, but I'm not going to change anything for today. The server is up, and I'll leave it how it is for today!

Previous Post:
I have been struggling for over an hour trying to get an ACC Custom server set up and I am way out of my league here. Anyone have some time to lend a hand? I'll be in TS all day, and would much appreciate it!

Last edited:

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Nevermind, I guess I was just being impatient....

Fingers crossed I think it's working.

Testing continues....

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I'm clearly missing something, because I can't get the server to change tracks. Opened a ticket and waiting for a reply...

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I've been following that (pre-release v3) video. The issue is that the server just doesn't give a flying **** about any of those settings. Regardless of how many times I edit the .json files and restart the server, it always restarts the server at Monza, with the same amount of practice.

It makes no sense. Tried a different server host, and they can't even seem to get the server off the ground, sooooooo.... I don't really understand if I'm missing something or if it's just bad server host(s).

I opened a ticket on the issue, but it was 18:00 GMT on a Friday, so I'm sure they'll get back to me on Monday.......... 8)

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I am a firm believer in the theory loosly quoted "...there is no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it..." and once again that theory has prevailed!!

I currently have an ACC server up at Zolder with 1440' of Free Practice!

Server Name: BandofOthersGaming.com EGS Test2
Password: sheep

Going to be on this for the night, and the more people that join, the merrier! If you're unfamiliar with ACC, create a profile when you launch the game.

Once you have a profile, select Multiplayer, Choose your car (on the right), and select "Server List" on the bottom right.

Search for "band" in the "Search for server by name" bar hidden near the top. (It won't be red by default, so it's easily missed!)

Enter the Password at the bottom, and then select "Connect" in the top-right corner!

There are a few tweaks I could make, but I'm not going to change anything for today. The server is up, and I'll leave it how it is for today!

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
All I'm running super late and have not even left work as of yet.

I'll do my best to be there but right now things are looking kinda like crap.

At best I'll be around at 9 PM tonight.

E

ElektroVodka

Thanks for doing this Marc! Runs like a charm, and it got me back into racing after 2 to 3 years

Brainling

Hardcore
The more I drive ACC the more I like it. Thanks for setting up the server Marc!

It's certainly not a replacement for iRacing, for a lot of reasons, but it's a lot of fun for pick up drives and races.

incndry

Casual
May I have some sort of low admin status so I can just change the tracks for the server?

Love me?

Your friend,

Footy

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
@incndry sorry for the delay. Check your PM's.

Also, I'd like to give this another try tomorrow (Friday 28 June, ~19:30 EDT / 00:30 GMT) if anyone is interested!

Does anyone have any suggestions for the next track?

Nejtun

Spa might be a nice one to try if there are a lot of us, or if we are just a few maybe Oulton Park (is this even in there?) or something equally short to keep us together!

Brainling

Hardcore
I'm out of commission on driving right now. The headstrap on my Oculus broke right after Watkins and you can't just buy a replacement. I'm thinking of ways to try and repair it so it holds on just long enough for me to get my Index...but as of right now I can't really drive :(

I really enjoy ACC though, I hope we keep it in our rotation of stuff to play.

Deb

I'm out of commission on driving right now. The headstrap on my Oculus broke right after Watkins and you can't just buy a replacement. I'm thinking of ways to try and repair it so it holds on just long enough for me to get my Index...but as of right now I can't really drive :(

I really enjoy ACC though, I hope we keep it in our rotation of stuff to play.
Duct Tape o_O Seriously, I hope it gets fixed soon !!!

Nejtun

A few people seemed to be having problems yesterday with frame rates and stutters and so on so I did a quick recording of my settings so you have something to compare them to.
For me personally ACC runs very smoothly. When I fired up OBS however it stole A BUNCH of frames although this could be because I am recording at a pretty high bit rate and using hardware encoding which seem,s to be ok for some games but the VR stuff can get a bit choppy (any advice on this would be appreciated from you guys that use OBS all the time)

This video was for the purpose of showing my video settings only so excuse/ignore the GPU fan in the background and you will have to take my word for it that the frame rate is higher without recording going on.
Also don't forget that this is only from one eye, it is not off centre for me,m again for the purpose of the video this isn't important.

I may test this again with an overclock on to see if I can drag some more performance out of it.

Notice that very few of the detail settings make much of a difference to the visuals so turning down things like foliage can get you a lot of frame without making the trees look shitty.

Particles should be as high as you dare, Antialiasing for me is set to FXAA as the temporal version gives some terrible ghosting. Most of these settings can be changed on the fly but if you have to change a lot then a quick restart never hurts!

Thanks to @Skid_Marc_ for putting the B2O server up, Lets all try to stay positive when trying this newly released game out as when you get the settings right it is really pretty nice to play.

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads