Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to Sept 2020

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
In what is possibly the most disappointing news ever, the long awaited/anticipated ambitious Cyberpunk 2077 has been delayed until Sept 17, 2020.

From the Developer "We are currently at a stage where the game is complete and playable, but there's still work to be done. Night City is massive - full of stories, content and places to visit, but due to the sheer scale and complexity of it all, we need more time to finish playtesting, fixing and polishing. We want Cyberpunk 2077 to be our crowning achievement for this generation and postponing launch will give us the precious months we need to make the game perfect."

As much as this news disappoints I find the comment "We want Cyberpunk 2077 to be our crowning achievement for this generation..." interesting as it means the worst we can expect is Witcher 3 quality?

...and I think that's really the story behind this delay. CDProjekt know eyes are on them and The Witcher 3 is the standard it will be measured against.

They have to knock it out of the park which is a tall ask for a Developer who's never done first person, verticality, driving, shooting, destruction and in-depth character customization (outside abilities).

Cyberpunk-2077-delayed.png

Last edited:
DIsappointing, but I'm okay with it. Let them polish away.

The new release date also tells me they want to support ray tracing on the new consoles. They are already doing the work to support it on PC/RTX, this puts CP77 in the launch window for the two new consoles with RT hardware. Which means they will get an AMD implementation of RT that they can back port to the PC when AMD releases PC ray tracing hardware (which is inevitable with both consoles having the hardware).

That's a shame, but I guess these days almost what to expect for projects of this size... Luckily there's enough good stuff coming out, and already out, to spend time with :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayteena
Top Bottom