DCS F14 The sound of freedom

The videos are coming fast and furious now both for pilots and RIO’s. What I like about this video is how it shows that cooperative pairs of pilots and RIO’s are going to be a heck of an effective combination.

*snaps awake* What, F-16, viper, hrmph *wipes drool away*

Oh, it's just the F-14, one of the most over-hyped planes ever built. having nothing approaching the combat record of the F-15 or F-16, but gets constantly yammered about with words like "legendary" almost entirely because it was in a movie?

*goes back to sleep*

(Kidding aside, I'm happy for those of you who are excited. Always fun to get a new module you're super in to)

I loved that film, so cheesy but the Tomcats buzzing the Zeros stuck with me as a kid although the time travel effect was bad in the 80's and it hasn't gotten any better lol

SPLASH THE ZERO'S

Last edited:
Not sure I'll have time until the weekend, but if one if you F-14 pilots is down, I'd like to do some extended BFM in the F/A-18 vs. an F-14. I'm pretty sure I know where it's weak and I'm strong in that regime, but I want to test some ideas.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Not sure I'll have time until the weekend, but if one if you F-14 pilots is down, I'd like to do some extended BFM in the F/A-18 vs. an F-14. I'm pretty sure I know where it's weak and I'm strong in that regime, but I want to test some ideas.
Jeeve did more damage flying a P-51 against modern targets than Nejtun, EV, and I combined flying F/A-18's, Harriers, A-10's, etc. Its about the pilot more than the plane, and, not to be rude to the rest of B2O but, I don't think there is anyone here that is going to give you anything close to an accurate baseline for the fight you're looking for, other than @Daunt, maybe?

It would be like me 1v1-ing Kobe Bryant.

ElektroVodka

Staff member
Admin
Jeeve did more damage flying a P-51 against modern targets than Nejtun, EV, and I combined flying F/A-18's, Harriers, A-10's, etc. Its about the pilot more than the plane, and, not to be rude to the rest of B2O but, I don't think there is anyone here that is going to give you anything close to an accurate baseline for the fight you're looking for, other than @Daunt, maybe?

It would be like me 1v1-ing Kobe Bryant.
That's completely different, we have been focusing on "active" ground targets while flying the mission.
The P51's usually end up going to Kutaisi attacking the non active targets on 1sq meter.
Lately i've changed my focus to A/A in that same mission, and it's something i really like. Especially when you get in "wave" distance of the bogey while successfully dodging SAM.

Anyway, i'd like to run some PVP oriented missions in the near future if anyone is interested.
Fighting against another Hooman is far more interesting than constantly going for spawned AI.

I agree and disagree. If I were going full out, AIM-9X's, balls to the wall, yeah, probably, only a couple people here could beat me. That's not what I'm asking for. I just want someone to go up in an F-14 and me an 18 and try some stuff. How does a one circle fight go? A two circle? What if I go ballistic, can I extend? What's my best route of escape if I can't get offensive? Stuff that we can setup and practice.

I'm not asking "1v1 me brah", I'm asking "Come up and test some stuff with me and have some fun".

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

If the weather is as bad as it's supposed to be tomorrow, I'm going to do some landing practice with the F-14 tomorrow. I still don't understand the speedo, the DLC, or anything else with this plane. Probably even going to have to rewatch the start-up tutorial... Anyways, I'll see how many times I can get Jester to bail on me again....

...stupid, cowardly, idiot... I hope he suffers the same fate poor Goose was undeservedly doomed to...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keira
Top Bottom