Europa Universalis 4 - Free Trial and On Sale

Hey!

Europa Universalis 4 has had a major update this morning. It is open for free trial for the next 3 days [the game as a whole is fairly small] and is also on sale for $10.

The amazing thing that this company has done that, in multiplayer, you do not require all of the DLC's. Only the host must have the DLC's, and you "upgrade" up to whatever the host has, for that game, for free.

I'd recommend trying the game out if you're at all interested in strategy games.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Hey FB sounds interesting and I can see there's certainly interest in it.

If you were to compare it to another game which one would it be?

I've played next to no strategy games so I have no idea what I'd be getting myself into?

Incidentally, is there a steep learning curve to understand the basics?

Just bought it, I've heard about the steep learning curve but I love Civ (and I enjoy the mid-game eras the most) so I think I'll enjoy this.

Hey FB sounds interesting and I can see there's certainly interest in it.

If you were to compare it to another game which one would it be?

I've played next to no strategy games so I have no idea what I'd be getting myself into?

Incidentally, is there a steep learning curve to understand the basics?
I'd say it's similar to............ A real-time game of the board game axis and allies, maybe?... It's hard to really compare the game to anything. Civilization, perhaps.

It does have a steep learning curve, but really it's only steep because you are presented with so much information on the interface. I find that most people think too hard about the interface and things of that nature when in reality everything is a lot simpler than it appears.

You essentially build your nation up from scratch, starting in the mid-1400's, and have to control every aspect of your nation from diplomacy with other nations, technology research, military movements, provincial upgrades, etc. It's essentially a real-time nation simulator.

Been playing it for a few hours, oh my god this is amazing.

Edit: It's 3 am and here I am, rebels on one side of my nation, 2 invaders on another, and a blockade stopping me from moving my units. What have you done to me?!

Last edited:
Got it as well, looks very in depth so far, I like it. Will need to practice lots though, looks like a real time sink this game XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briamo94
Top Bottom