Everyone good? - COVID-19 roll call

Hmm yeah there are always going to be concerns regarding accurate numbers being released to the public eh.

It's a tough call for you isn't it re: your health. Nobody can tell you what is right or wrong, you just have to go with your gut instinct about what you feel comfortable doing and thoroughly weighing up the risks. I am wondering how many people live in your province and how many deaths out of that 884 there have been... We have (as of today) 22,141 confirmed cases, 1,408 deaths, and 301 confirmed cases out of 1,477,764 people in our county. I am pretty sure those numbers, if you were to have a crystal ball that could know the true figures, would be much, much higher. Scary thought really.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Ya P, it's scary stuff.

I know there are people who have flu like symptoms who are advised to quarantine for 14 days. Most of these people are never tested so I don't believe they're counted toward official numbers.

My guess is they only add cases to the official numbers when people start showing up at hospitals requiring respirators.

I'm not sure if the criteria has changed (my guess is not) but people aren't even being tested for it here in most cases; just sent home if it looks like the flu?

I know of at least 2 people who thought they had it and couldn't be tested as Doctors don't want to put unconfirmed diagnoses in the vicinity of actual sick people.

It makes a lot of sense but unfortunately creates a weird sense of security because, by Canadian standards, we're doing extremely well given our population density but it's based off only a small part of data, the rest is unknown.

ElektroVodka

Staff member
Admin
Everyone still going strong?
I am finally allowed to come back to work starting tomorrow, still have a bit of a cough but the sensation of dying from every cough is gone.
Last week i had to sleep either on my belly or sitting for four nights as my lungs/throat seemed to fill itself with the toughest pleghm I've ever felt.
This week everything seems back to normal except for being dog tired and not being able to taste or smell really well.

Apparently i got it from working on a Sub the day it left port, when that thing unexpectedly came back from it's mission with a large part of the crew being infected, i got a phone call from a co-worker telling me i had to go in quarantine since my name was on the list of people who were aboard in the last 3 hours before departure. (I was already ill and home for 2 weeks by then)

I just hope i am immune now as i don't feel like going into isolation again, 3.5 weeks without any personal contact except for my mom waving at me through the glass door as she dropped off necessary groceries in right outside. (She's a beast, i would've been royally screwed if she didn't go out of her way to get me and my grandparent the groceries we needed)
She will prolly never read this but my mom is awesome! I hope she doesn't get infected but if she does i'll be returning the favor.

Stay strong everyone!

Deb

I am finally allowed to come back to work starting tomorrow, still have a bit of a cough but the sensation of dying from every cough is gone.
Last week i had to sleep either on my belly or sitting for four nights as my lungs/throat seemed to fill itself with the toughest pleghm I've ever felt.
This week everything seems back to normal except for being dog tired and not being able to taste or smell really well.

Apparently i got it from working on a Sub the day it left port, when that thing unexpectedly came back from it's mission with a large part of the crew being infected, i got a phone call from a co-worker telling me i had to go in quarantine since my name was on the list of people who were aboard in the last 3 hours before departure. (I was already ill and home for 2 weeks by then)

I just hope i am immune now as i don't feel like going into isolation again, 3.5 weeks without any personal contact except for my mom waving at me through the glass door as she dropped off necessary groceries in right outside. (She's a beast, i would've been royally screwed if she didn't go out of her way to get me and my grandparent the groceries we needed)
She will prolly never read this but my mom is awesome! I hope she doesn't get infected but if she does i'll be returning the favor.

Stay strong everyone!
I'm so glad you are better!!!!!!

Stay strong everyone!
Glad to hear you appear to have beat it on your own! Take it easy man. I’m hearing reports of reinfection out there if your body has not fully recovered and you are exposed again. Better to be safe than sorry.

Wow Electro, glad you're doing better again. It's weird times for sure. My wife works in a home for the elderly, and they had a special section opened for corona infected elderly who chose not to go to the ic or are otherwise to fragile/ill to survive any treatment there anyway. It's a nasty decease for sure, she's seen people come in and die 3 hours later. Meanwhile I'm at home as a person who's in high risk as a heart patient with diabetes and sleep apnea, and I just have to hope my wife doesn't bring home anything nasty as so far she has to do her nurse work nearly unprotected (they are out of masks and glasses for use near any regular clients) as all protection has gone to their corona ward or towards the local hospital.
Just stay safe everyone!

Sorry for the late check-in. We're all doing well here so far. It is a little nerve wracking being adjacent to the 3-4 counties in Michigan here that make up the "hot zone" of our state. I have 3 people in the household that are immuno compromised and 2 of those three that also have other health issues. We've just been doing our best to distance and disinfect which seems to have worked so far (knock on wood).

I actually bought a new mountain bike just before everything went haywire. This is after not having anything to ride with two-wheels for quite a few years and it's been much needed exercise/therapy. I have been responsible though and have kept my rides restricted to neighborhood streets so I'm not driving needlessly anywhere.

I recently started filling sandbags again as the water level is near flooding. The rain expected tonight combined with the wind tomorrow will most definitely push it to flood level. We should be ok though with the preparations made.

It's good to hear everyone is getting on ok and I hope you all continue to do so. Stay strong everyone!!

Deb

Sorry for the late check-in. We're all doing well here so far. It is a little nerve wracking being adjacent to the 3-4 counties in Michigan here that make up the "hot zone" of our state. I have 3 people in the household that are immuno compromised and 2 of those three that also have other health issues. We've just been doing our best to distance and disinfect which seems to have worked so far (knock on wood).

I actually bought a new mountain bike just before everything went haywire. This is after not having anything to ride with two-wheels for quite a few years and it's been much needed exercise/therapy. I have been responsible though and have kept my rides restricted to neighborhood streets so I'm not driving needlessly anywhere.

I recently started filling sandbags again as the water level is near flooding. The rain expected tonight combined with the wind tomorrow will most definitely push it to flood level. We should be ok though with the preparations made.

It's good to hear everyone is getting on ok and I hope you all continue to do so. Stay strong everyone!!
Good to hear from you @Jes_971. I hope you have not flooding issues!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinrusu25
Top Bottom