Expect to Download a new GT3 BOP tonight!

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
GT3 Cars

This Patch includes some preliminary 2018 Season 2 GT3 balance updates.
There is bound to be some additional adjustments prior to the start of the next GT3 seasons, but this is a new starting space in advance of the 2018 Season 1.

All GT3 cars have had their baseline setups adjusted.

CARS:

Audi R8 LMS GT3

- Physics re-tool using additional, extensive, and extremely detailed information. Used to re-set the performance baseline for the GT3 class of cars.

- Reduced the brightness intensity of the digital display background.

BMW Z4 GT3

- Updates to engine torque, aero performance, drivetrain, and fuel consumption to re-balance against the Audi R8 LMS GT3.

Ferrari 488 GT3

- Updates to masses and inertias, aero performance, drivetrain, and fuel consumption to re-balance against the Audi R8 LMS GT3.

Ford GT GT3

- Updates to allowable ride heights, aero performance, drivetrain, and fuel consumption to re-balance against the Audi R8 LMS GT3.

McLaren MP4-12C GT3

- Updates to engine torque, aero performance, and drivetrain to re-balance against the Audi R8 LMS GT3.

Mercedes-AMG GT3

- Updates to masses and inertias, aero performance, drivetrain, and fuel consumption to re-balance against the Audi R8 LMS GT3.

- Fixed an issue with crackles in external engine sounds for this vehicle.
Looks like they took the Audi's pace as a baseline, which sounds like a good choice. Audi was fast enough. Should mean a top-speed boost to the other cars and knocks a little off the Merc. Sounds reasonable to me, but we'll see how it stacks up on the track.

Someone on the forums posted that they fixed the Audi's snap-oversteer, which worries me, because the last time they fixed a mid-engine car's "snap-over-steer", we ended up with the McLaren.. Hopefully they didn't make the Audi an under-steering boat.

Gonna do some racing at Oran Park. Looking forward to catching you all in #PracticePals tonight!

It would be nice to change a car,Im little tired of Merc but I like the car,need to learn how to drive mid engine car first and from before I tried I like Audi better then Ferrari

Tnx god Audi is nice now :)
No more high speed dampers on Audi,no more long or short gearing on Audi and Merc,other cars didnt check.And baseline have high tire pressures now,did the change tire model,why is that?

Next league race 10 Audis and 5 Ferraris,2 Maccas just because everybody are sick of Merc haha

Deb

Tonight should be interesting. I am sure I will be disappointed with what they've done to the Merc. You may be right Denis, might be worth getting back into the Ferrari, we'll see :)

Deb, first I'm sorry again for contact
Merc seems to be very similar than before but I didn't test too much, will do that now.
Audi is so nice now, just great and I think just because so many people drove Merc they will switch to any other car just to change car.

Anyway not more gearing options in cars, Audi doesn't have high-speed dampers but it has 2 settings for ride hide and I'm not sure what about pressures, in baseline they put higher pressures so I'm not sure why not tires change in the changelog.
I suppose we will know after few days after testing

I started to use Grammarly, is this writing any good?

EDIT-Merc doesn't have -wing anymore,0 is lowest :)

Last edited:

Brainling

Hardcore
That seems like a pretty huge block of changes. Weren't we just saying a week or so ago they should pick one GT3 car and then balance around it? iRacing, if you're listening...

Cars are so much fun,Audi and Ferrari,sooo much fun.I'm enjoying in testing.Don't know what car is fastest but I don't care,its fun :)

Nejtun

I couldn't get the baseline tyres to work as well as dropping them to minimum, this was only on the BMW though so can't say for the other cars. BMW seems to need a bit more wing to keep it stable, again though , this was daytime at Road America rather than the morning session that I have been used to for the last 3 weeks.

Car feels ok though , seems to have a little more power and a bit less grip, will have to wait until practice pals later though to drive around people who I am used to.

Brainling

Hardcore
After spending 4'ish hours in it at Bathurst Saturday, I'm interested to see how the Ferrari feels tonight at Road America.

I tried Ferrari on Bathurst 12h weather, feels very good.Thing is from first testing gears are to short in both Ferrari and Audi, they are going faster than before but with full fuel and max wing, I'm almost in limiter on Bathurst.Merc gearing seems to be on old standard, so same as before

Deb

Deb, first I'm sorry again for contact
Merc seems to be very similar than before but I didn't test too much, will do that now.
Audi is so nice now, just great and I think just because so many people drove Merc they will switch to any other car just to change car.

Anyway not more gearing options in cars, Audi doesn't have high-speed dampers but it has 2 settings for ride hide and I'm not sure what about pressures, in baseline they put higher pressures so I'm not sure why not tires change in the changelog.
I suppose we will know after few days after testing

I started to use Grammarly, is this writing any good?

EDIT-Merc doesn't have -wing anymore,0 is lowest :)

No problem Denis, sometimes its hard to judge what another driver is going to do.

Your writing is great! Way better than I could do in another language :)

Anxious to test the Merc tonight, I hope it is still competitive and they didn't ruin it or I guess I'll have to start practicing in the Ferrari around VLN o_O

We had a test now, Volker-Audi Me-Merc-Arjuna Ferrari, it was fun.Cars are really close now, at least in this early testing.Lowest pressures seems way to go again but I tested baseline pressures and lowest so not sure if something in the middle is better

Grammarly is making writing little better :)

Deb

Bedo and I tested the AMG and Ferrari on the Nord last night. Prior to the BOP, he couldn't catch me if I was driving the AMG and he was driving the Ferrari. Now, the Ferrari can overtake the AMG on the last straight, like it was incredible how quickly it caught the Merc. And the reverse was not true. We may switch cars tonight and test again, but with the Ferrari's cornering ability and now what seems to be at least as good if not better top-end speed, the Ferrari may be the better choice.

Yes, I like Ferrari, maybe I switch to Audi or Ferrari just to change Merc a little but not now, I have few league races, after that.
I think it is like in RL,Merc is not really faster than Ferrari on straights.anyway, I like it, at least people will drive a car they like if cars are close on track.
It was sad to see on few tracks how easy is to pass Audi or Ferrari in Merc, guys can be very good drivers but what he can do on Monza when it looked like Merc is in the higher class.
I don't know how it will be GT3 vs GTE, because top speed is now little better for all GT# cars

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I couldn't get the baseline tyres to work as well as dropping them to minimum, this was only on the BMW though so can't say for the other cars. BMW seems to need a bit more wing to keep it stable, again though , this was daytime at Road America rather than the morning session that I have been used to for the last 3 weeks.

Car feels ok though , seems to have a little more power and a bit less grip, will have to wait until practice pals later though to drive around people who I am used to.
I couldn't keep up with @LoucMachine at all last night at Road America, he was super quick in the BMW. Tony was also very quick in the McLaren so it looks like a pretty good BOP so far.

Check this from 08:00 to 11:00, If I had (awesome) battle like this with Rusty in that Ferrari now imagine better Ferrari,by by Rusty :)

Brainling

Hardcore
The Ferrari still feels undesteery as hell to me on corner entry, with a lot of snap over steer on corner exit, but I'm sure that's the setup. Trying to think of ways to fix it. The rake is already absurd, the back end is so high in the air it needs red blinking lights so planes don't run in to it and the front is as close to the ground as is legal.

I'm thinking maybe I need to loosen up the front end and tighten up the back end a little. I want more front turn in and less rear oversteer. Maybe stiffer arbs on the rear and softer on the front so the front tires bite more? I'll worry about spring stuff later, just trying to get the front and rear feel the way I want them right now.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
The Ferrari still feels undesteery as hell to me on corner entry, with a lot of snap over steer on corner exit, but I'm sure that's the setup. Trying to think of ways to fix it. The rake is already absurd, the back end is so high in the air it needs red blinking lights so planes don't run in to it and the front is as close to the ground as is legal.

I'm thinking maybe I need to loosen up the front end and tighten up the back end a little. I want more front turn in and less rear oversteer. Maybe stiffer arbs on the rear and softer on the front so the front tires bite more? I'll worry about spring stuff later, just trying to get the front and rear feel the way I want them right now.
How much clutch-preload were you running, Matt? You might need to dial it back. The Audi baseline.sto was running a LOT (125 of 200, I think?) more than what we were running before the BoP (We ran 20-40 at Bathurst). That could be a contributor to under-steer on corner entry as well as over-steer on corner exit, if it is too high.

Noodleguitar

Good point Marc, I usually run around 20-40 Nm pre-load in the Mercedes and McLaren, although opinions on it differ. To some extent, increasing that number will net you more oversteer and understeer so I like to start out low if possible.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics