Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy

Ok. So all this started with Shilka. He writes to me on steam chat saying he is playing a game and it's a health hazard. I wish I never asked which game...

After a chat about it he inisists I play it, and buys it for me on Steam, as long as;

A. I stream it

and

B. I buy it for someone else and they follow the same rules (A and B)

So I play it, I stream it. I actually witness my blood pressure go up and rage quit. But I still enjoyed it...

So I buy it for Wapwap. He follows the same rules, and we (Quick, ForProgress, Shilka, ID and randoms) have all been watching his stream for the last three hours. Best stream ever, not even kidding. We laughed, we cried. Mistakes were made, epic moments were made. All with the Wappy's patience of an absolute saint...

So now IronDiggy has the game, and well, now you do too Duke. ;)

Remember the rules!

A. You MUST stream it!

and

B. You hopefully will keep the chain going and buy it for someone else and get them to stream it too.

Have fun, and swing away!

This is something different, and surprisingly bloody good fun :D

It was absolute great fun to see Wapwap struggle to get up for 3 hours straight, and with utmost care fall back down to where he started 3 hours earlier :D

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
You guys need to be Highlighting your streams and embedding them here. Twitch Clips can't be embedded on the forums at this time, but Highlights should be okay!

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I tried several times to gift this to @Skid_Marc_ last night and kept on getting this stupid message about regional price structure or some nonsense so it wouldn't go through. I even added funds to my Steam Wallet and still can't gift this game.

What in the actual fuck? Has anyone else ever had an issue like this?

I think it's some mechanism that was put in place when everyone was buying russian/othercheap copies of games and gifting them to their NA accounts because they were like half the price. I've only gifted one or two games in my life so I am not 100% sure how that works.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I tried several times to gift this to @Skid_Marc_ last night and kept on getting this stupid message about regional price structure or some nonsense so it wouldn't go through. I even added funds to my Steam Wallet and still can't gift this game.

What in the actual fuck? Has anyone else ever had an issue like this?
#WellAtLeastYouTried :rolleyes:

I think you may need to trade in hash coins now (Ricky style) which is why it isn't working for you Duke?

Soon your whole country will grind to a halt because everyone will be stoned out of their goddamn minds and forgotten what it was they were supposed to be doing. The way she goes.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I've gifted a number of games to date and this is by far the stupidest and most convoluted BS I've ever seen Steam implement.

To be fair I completely understand the reasoning behind it but given Steam knows absolutely every fucking minute detail about your account and computer they couldn't find a better solution? How about make it so you have to carry a minimum Steam Rank of "X" to gift and combine it with "X" amount of hours played over the past month and/or the option to change your Regional currency and/or...

...or better yet, just exclude Russia and China as they're always the 2 countries at the root of these types of issues.

The only things this system has served to do is both piss me off and make it so I'll not purchase any game through Steam anymore. I use Steam for convenience and as a Community Owner part of that means the Social stuff including gifting on a Global scale.

Sorry for the rant but Steam is supposed to be about convenience and this is anything but.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I think you may need to trade in hash coins now (Ricky style) which is why it isn't working for you Duke?

Soon your whole country will grind to a halt because everyone will be stoned out of their goddamn minds and forgotten what it was they were supposed to be doing. The way she goes.
It works for the Netherlands (apparently) so my guess is that's as far as we can possibly devolve to.

I tried it again and got about 6 feet further than last time after an hour and then fell straight to the fuckin bottom.

Just a warning, there is a ton of completely unnecessary swearing and general angry frustration as I had to relearn how to play after just a few days.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
You all set your goals way too high. I kept mine pretty low, and freaking nailed it... eventually... still frustrating, though! lol

Impressive job, Ken and Jerad, getting into the skyscrapers as far as you have! Where is @Shilka and @little P sitting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Divinejames
Top Bottom