I guess I'm Mopar or no car now

Well I am officially a Chrysler (Stellantis) employee now. I'm working at the Sterling heights Assembly plant where we Make three or four different models of the Dodge ram pickup and the TRX pickup. The TRX is like Dodge's version of the Ford Raptor. My first actual day of work is tomorrow and I'm working 3 days in a row and then off until January 3rd and then it'll be full-time after that. Probably working 6 sometimes even 7 days a week until middle of next year.

I'll have to wait and see how my schedule pans out hopefully I can squeeze in some endurance races with you guys next year.

Last edited:

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Good luck! I'm surprised they're running so hard right now, but I guess that's the U.S. pick-up truck market. I remember when they debuted the TRX at the Texas State Fair a few years back. Thought it was just a limited-run thing. Didn't expect it'd still be around 3-5 years later! I've yet to see one in person!

@Skid_Marc_ One of the managers here said they thought/planned that the TRX was just going to be a limited (his words were "flash in the pan") kind of model. The customer orders ended up proving them wrong. And yes, even in these times we can't make enough Rams fast enough.

@Kenadian I'll have to check that show out. I've watched quite a bit of Junkyard Gold on Motortrend and have enjoyed that. It's more of just a historical information show about random cars he finds in the yard. The one you mentioned sounds cool as they are actually bringing them back to life.

So... I assume no car then? lol

Nice man. Not too far from where I live. Maybe 10-20 miles? My company prints the stellantis business cards and such.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
@Kenadian I'll have to check that show out. I've watched quite a bit of Junkyard Gold on Motortrend and have enjoyed that. It's more of just a historical information show about random cars he finds in the yard. The one you mentioned sounds cool as they are actually bringing them back to life.[/QUOTE]
You'll love it, this guy is a Mopar Encyclopedia and does a lot of fact sharing on how to bring these cars back to factory. They even go as far as to hand paint factory markings the same as it was done on the assembly line.

Mopar loves this guy too. They have him on stage now and then and have even gifted him a crate engine now and then, one of which he put in the Christine tribute car.

He kinda acts like Michael Scott from The Office and has a very similar sense of humor and demeanor.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Endurance 2022

Daytona 24hr: IMSA
  ~ January 21 - 23
Bathurst 12hr: GT3
  ~ February 25 - 27
Sebring 12hr: IMSA
  ~ March 18 - 20
Nurburgring 24hr: GT3, GT4, PCup, Audi RS3
  ~ April 15 - 17
Watkins Glen 6hr: IMSA