Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Here is the preliminary 2018 Season 2 schedule which is subject to change.

Some highlights:
Rookie Dirt Street Stock is now just a rookie to D 4.0 series and fixed setup
The IndyCar fixed oval and combined road series is now using the IR18
The ProtoGT series is now called the Fanatec GT Challenge and is the GT2 Ford GT and GT1 cars. Fanatec is also now the title sponsor of the Global Challenge series.
VRS is now the title sponsor of our GT Sprint, Endurance, and World Championship GT3 series
We have two new sports car series with the iRacing Le Mans Series and iRacing Endurance Le Mans series. This series uses the two new LMP1 cars, the HPD, and the GTE cars. The Endurance series runs a limited schedule with long races.
Limaland and the Dirt Track at Charlotte have been added to all oval dirt series except the rookie series.
All class C and up dirt series are now heat racing series
Single file restarts are now used in the USAC dirt and Midget series

Steve
Link to Schedule

Okay, so the big one that directly impacts Band of Others is the news that iRacing officially has lost Blancpain support. I didn't really take people's concern about the issue seriously, and that shows what I know. The GT Sprint and GT Endurance series will now carry VRS as the title sponsor.

Do I think it matters? Not really. iRacing has gone about getting manufacturers individually, and the GT3 series has suffered for it. The cars have been improved, but iRacing has been slow to BOP them, and 3/6 are still out-dated. I'm not sure it is all iRacing's fault, but being in a US based company, getting EU teams to work with them is probably difficult enough. On the bright side, this does open the door to maybe get more cooperation from PWC (US-based GT3/GT4/Touring Cars). Without being tied to BSS/BES, maybe they can work with more local teams? Not sure.

This season has also proven that even their close bond with NASCAR couldn't get them access to the new Chevy Camero. Dallara on the other hand, got iRacing the new specs on the IR18 before it even raced. Licencing looks like a crap shoot, and I don't want to be the guys trying to figure it out.

I still don't think the sky is falling, but I was wrong on GT3, and I was completely wrong on the estimation that Porsche would have dominant numbers in LMP1, so what do I know? I have a lot of cardboard to get rid of, so if anyone wants to make signs and stand on a street corner, I'll send you some!

Of course, the new Le Mans Series, and Le Mans Endurance series are here, as well as the new Fanatec GT Series! (Expect a thread on that soon!)

Have fun in Season 2!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPFreely
Top Bottom