New Webhost

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Hello all,

After months of searching I'm likely to pull the trigger on a new Webhost within the next few weeks.

All the reading and research in the world has seen me no closer to a solution so it's time to just see what happens. The host I'm most interested right now is A2 Hosting as they have the best value proposition I've seen.

If they don't work out then we'll just have to keep moving around until we find someone who does.

As an FYI, WiredTree was the best host I ever worked with but finding them took about a year of trial and error with other Hosts. The same may happen here, hope not, but you never know.

I can't give a firm timeline on when this is happening either. The way I work is it could take weeks or it could happen anytime now. It all depends on my mood, finances and time available.

With that said, if you visit and the sites are down for several hours and/or forums are closed it likely means we're in the process of moving.

Stay tuned.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Just an FYI, finally getting into a position to pull the trigger on the move.

Been backing up all sites for some time now and it's pretty messy for some reason. Band of Others alone is just over 111,000 files on Server at approx. 110 GB. I have no idea how it's gotten this large and how some of the files even exist?

Something happened around December this year where the Webhost decided to duplicate my public_html folder however it's twice the size it should be at just under 50 GB. No idea why this was done as I've never seen this happen on any host previously.

Anyway, should there be any site issues please let me know.

Thanks,

Ken

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Endurance 2022

Daytona 24hr: IMSA
  ~ January 21 - 23
Bathurst 12hr: GT3
  ~ February 25 - 27
Sebring 12hr: IMSA
  ~ March 18 - 20
Nurburgring 24hr: GT3, GT4, PCup, Audi RS3