Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

The first iRacing Special Event of 2018 kicks off in just three weeks!

This is a Solo event, only! No teams!

Track:

Daytona International Raceway - Road Course
3.56 Miles (5.729 km) - 12 Turns

Date: 13-14th January, 2018

Race Times:
Saturday 02:00 GMT / Friday 21:00 EST
Saturday 13:00 GMT / 08:00 EST (This is listed as 09:00 EDT, but it should be EST!!)
Saturday 17:00 GMT / 12:00 EST
Sunday 14:00 GMT / 09:00 EST

Race Length: 2.4 Hours (Late Afternoon)

Nejtun Cameron
Jes Coleman
Matt Holmes
Mike King
Davey Riendeau

John Navara (Alt)

Hans Mohr
John Navara
Anthony Peeble
Sam Roselaar

Please use this thread to schedule extra group practices and share setups or notes!

Will add links to Setup/Schedules when available!

Please note that just adding your name in this thread, or on this list, does NOT guarantee a seat in the actual race. You MUST show up to group practice sessions before the event! Band of Others' #PracticePals will still primarily focus on BSS practice, especially on Monday, so please plan on slightly earlier/later practices, or even separate practices for Special Events! The final teams will only be made up of drivers that practice and actively participate in this thread! In 2017, we were usually pretty late getting everything sorted. The sooner we can confirm everyone who is racing, the sooner we can finish the schedule and finalize paints!

Last edited:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Actually the sooner the better you confirm on this particular thread all as there is only an Endurance Livery for the KIA. At this time there has been no need to create Liveries for either the Mustang or the new Mazda.

If you plan on racing one of these cars it's imperative you confirm as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Sorry, I was too tired yesterday to understand what the problem was. Thought the 24 hour race time was wrong...:rolleyes:

I have edited the times, for those of you in the United States! iRacing has the times listed in EDT (GMT -4) instead of EST (GMT -5). Tweeted at them, to make sure, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.:confused: They have the 24 Hours of Daytona listed properly, and Sebring 12 Hour will be last EST race, because the clocks will change the night after Sebring!

maybe i will drive the mazda for this, but i can't confirm 100% yet.

kind of a shame this is a solo event, i was hoping to introduce a friend of mine into B2O and endurance racing. but i guess that will have to wait.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
Sam, Im actually not sure that this isnt a team event. This might be an event that you can run as a team, but you don't NEED to. (You wont be DQ'd for minimum drive time violation.) The Road America 500 was like this, last year.

Can anyone confirm?

I'm going to switch to out for this. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I really didn't want to take the time to practice to the necessary level to not be a moving road block. I'd rather spend that time practicing the big cars for the big race.

Friday nights race I finished 9th in class and 21st overall. Would've finished better but got spun coming out of the first horseshoe.

Saturday morning I was running 4th and sitting 5 seconds behind 3rd place. I miss-shifted going into the bus stop, rear end came around and ended up nose first hard into the wall. Finished 8 minutes of repairs and couldn't get enough top speed to get out of 4th gear on the straights. Five or so laps after repairs the motor blew and that was the end of my race.

Plan on doing the Sunday morning race so hopefully things go well.

I did the 1300 GMT race in the MX-5. My split had no KIAs, but a lot more Mazdas to compensate. I started from P13 in class which started off going three wide into turn one. Surprisingly, that ended without any wrecks. Managed to avoid all wrecks during the race and finished 5th in class with an undamaged car. I'm pretty happy with the result.

Edit: Lucky enough to not be involved in wrecks like these: https://clips.twitch.tv/SnappyAmusedMomSmoocherZ

Last edited:
Did the 1300 GMT race as well and ended up in the third split as the top qualified Mustang. After falling as far as maybe 6th, I ended up on the podium in 2nd place about 17 seconds back from first. Very very clean race overall and I was lucky enough to only have 3 incidents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPFreely
Top Bottom