[Special Event] 2020 iRacing 24 Hours of Le Mans

Brainling

Hardcore

Preparation another event of the iRacing Special Events calendar is upon us!

This is a team event. Two Drivers Minimum!

Track:
Circuit de la Sarthe
Le Mans, France
8.4 miles (13.6 km)

Date: June 20-21 2020

Race Times:
Saturday 01:00 GMT / Friday 20:00 EST
Saturday 13:00 GMT / 08:00 EST

In-Sim Settings:
Coming Soon

Paints:

LMP1
Audi R18

Porsche 919

LMP2
HPD ARX 01c

@Brainling
@Deb
@Ogami Itto
@Nejtun
@Skid_Marc_ (tentative based on work/family visit)

GTE
Porsche RSR GTE

Ferrari 488 GTE

Ford GT GTE

BMW M8 GTE

**Please read!**

Drive Time and Team Registration

SCHEDULE

The above schedule has an "Availability" tab!
    • Please put an "X" in the hours which you are available to drive during the race!
    • Please add the number of consecutive stints you are willing to drive (1, 2, or 3) in the bottom row of the chart!

Please note that just adding your name in this thread does NOT guarantee a seat in the actual race. You MUST show up to group practice sessions before the event! Band of Others' #PracticePals will still primarily focus on League practice, especially on Monday, so please plan on slightly earlier/later practices, or even separate practices for Special Events! The final teams will only be made up of drivers that practice and actively participate in this thread! In 2017, we were usually pretty late getting everything sorted. The sooner we can confirm everyone who is racing, the sooner we can finish the schedule and finalize paints!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brainling

Hardcore
Not sure what they did to the LMP1 cars, but they felt like utter crap when I drove them in week 12...so I'm going to sign up for the HPD. It felt quick and fun when I drove it a couple weeks back at this track.

Last edited:
Hey Matt glad you are back onboard! We got shared a setup that was different than the VRS based setup that Deb was running and Marc and I preferred it as a baseline to work from. I will attach the version with 2 Wing in it that we were working with last night. From Captain Obvious, I am pretty sure Deb and I are signing up for the HPD.

Attachments

Reactions: Deb

Brainling

Hardcore
Okay, I'll give it a try. The VRS setup was really fast, and really stable...so I'm curious to learn why you and Marc thought this was better. I'll be at PP tonight and we can talk about it.

Deb

Yep, the HPD for me, glad ur driving it Matt, sounds like @Skid_Marc_ may be driving it too. I prefer the VRS set up, but others did not, so I started working on the attached setup last night. To me, there is this odd play in the steering in certain corners that I haven't figured out yet. Tonight will be my last night of practice until next Thursday as I have to go to Florida to help my dad out with some stuff since my step mom passed last month. If you want to practice tonight, I'll be on at normal PP time. Otherwise, I'll have time to practice whatever setup you all agree on next Thursday and Friday.

Brainling

Hardcore
Play in the steering in a prototype is not ideal. It should be tight and quick. I'll try the new setup tonight. I don't want to presume too much until I actually try it.

Brainling

Hardcore
I scheduled a practice to start at 4 PM PST, three hours long. It's private (figured we'll do traffic practice next week) and the password is our standard.

Reactions: Deb

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Do you all know what Team your driving under and whether or not all parties are a part of said Team?

Brainling

Hardcore
Not sure yet Ken, we didn't talk about it last night. I guess if we're all one team we'll just use the 95? I pretty sure we're all a part of it, outside of maybe Ogammi.

So the final setup Marc shared last night felt good....but I am so torn on the gearing. I feel like the longer gearing had more top speed, but the shorter gearing had so much more punch out of the corner. I wonder if we can fiddle a bit and get a decent 1st/2nd gear ratio that gives us punch, but still gives us slightly longer legs.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Not sure yet Ken, we didn't talk about it last night. I guess if we're all one team we'll just use the 95? I pretty sure we're all a part of it, outside of maybe Ogammi.
Thanks Matt.

The reason I ask is my iRacing Membership has expired to if Ogami needs to be added to the Team can one of you please send him and invite?

I think all of you have Admin privileges.

Also, maybe check to see if the Car# and Rim Colors are correct.

Nejtun

I am going to join in with this if I may! If one of you guys that were driving on Wednesday's practice pals could please fix me up with the set you were using so I can start getting some laps in Friday daytime , I would appreciate it !

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

So the final setup Marc shared last night felt good....but I am so torn on the gearing. I feel like the longer gearing had more top speed, but the shorter gearing had so much more punch out of the corner. I wonder if we can fiddle a bit and get a decent 1st/2nd gear ratio that gives us punch, but still gives us slightly longer legs.
Try turning down the traction control with lower gears. I wonder if we can get the tyres to slip a little more and keep the RPM's up when the track is hot and slow, but then benefit from the longer gears when the track has a ton of grip in it...

Brainling

Hardcore
I'll be on to practice in a little over an hour. We have half day Friday's at my company, so I'm going to get some practice in. @Nejtun you might be around this time of day!

I'll toss up a hosted at 1 PST for a few hours.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics