Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

Preparation for the fifth event of the iRacing Special Events calendar is upon us!

This is a team event. Two Drivers Minimum!

Track: Nürburgring Combined - Gesamtstrecke 24h - 15.77 miles (25.38km) - 170 Turns
Date: 25-26 April 2020
Race Times:
Saturday 01:00 GMT (Friday 20:00 EST) / Saturday 13:00 GMT (08:00 EST)
Race Length: 24 Hours

Sim Start Time: 15:00
Warmup: 30 Minutes?
Race Start Time: ~15:40?
Race Length: 24 Hours
Sim Sunset: 21:00
Full Dark: 22:00-06:00
Sim Sunrise: 07:00

Weather: Dynamic
Incident Limit: 100

GT3
Audi R8 LMS
GT3 Audi R8 LMS.png

BMW Z4 GT3
GT3 BMW Z4.png

Ferrari 488 GT3
GT3 Ferrari 488.png

Mercedes AMG GT3
GT3 Mercedes AMG.png

Debra Bennett @Deb
Matthew A Holmes @Brainling
Ken Lindberg @Kenadian

GT4
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR
GT4 Porsche 718.png

Porsche GT3 Cup
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (991)
GT3C Porsche.png

TCR
Audi RS 3 LMS
TCR Audi RS 3 LMS.png

Nejtun Cameron @Nejtun
Kelley Grant @Kelley G
Hans Mohr @ShadniX

The above schedule will have an "Availability"

**Please read!**
Drive Time and Team Registration

SCHEDULE

The above schedule now has an "Availability" tab!
  • Please put an "X" in the hours which you are available to drive during the race!
  • Please add the number of consecutive stints you are willing to drive (1, 2, or 3) in the bottom row of the chart!

Band of Others' #PracticePals occurs Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 01:00 GMT (20:00 EST)!
If you can't make PracticePals, use this thread to plan practice sessions, share setups changes, and keep up on other team happenings. Please note that just adding your name in this thread does NOT guarantee a seat in the actual race. You MUST show up to group practice sessions before the event! The final teams will only be made up of drivers that practice and actively participate in this thread! Planning for these events usually goes into the final week before the event, but the sooner we can confirm everyone who is racing, the sooner we can finish the schedule and finalize paints!

Last edited:
Porsche GT4 > Ferrari GT3 > Porsche 911 GT3 Cup > * for me. I'll drive whatever people need a driver for, but I get my fill of the Merc around here in VLN.

I'd like to start practicing tomorrow but I would need to know in which car. By the looks of it we have 2 Mercedes drivers (I don't think @Brainling wanted to be in that car), 3 in the Audi, and 2 in a Porsche.

What are you driving, @Skid_Marc_ ? By the current looks of it we cannot do both the Porsche and Mercedes.

Deb

I can switch to the GT4 if we don't have enough drivers for a Merc team. I have been doing some practice in it on the VRS setup. If anyone has a setup they like, please post it here and I'll try it.

I will not be driving in endurance events for the foreseeable future.
Ah, that's too bad man :(

I can switch to the GT4 if we don't have enough drivers for a Merc team. I have been doing some practice in it on the VRS setup. If anyone has a setup they like, please post it here and I'll try it.
What about you, @Kenadian , would you also be up for the Porsche GT4?
I found a Nordschleife setup on the forums from Dirk Federmann which feels pretty good I think. It has 2 wing but it's more stable than my first setup on 2 wing, and if needed we can adjust it a bit for hotter weather.

Attachments

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Ah, that's too bad man :(
What about you, @Kenadian , would you also be up for the Porsche GT4?
I found a Nordschleife setup on the forums from Dirk Federmann which feels pretty good I think. It has 2 wing but it's more stable than my first setup on 2 wing, and if needed we can adjust it a bit for hotter weather.
I managed a 9:10 in this deathtrap last night about half way into an ffs.

I'm a menace in this thing though, really not a huge fan of this car but doing my best to come to grips with it.

Since the minimum tire pressures are supposed to be fastest, I have made some changes to Dirk's setup. At first I tried reducing the toe but that caused a lot of wobbling on the straights for some reason. I left the toe as it is and changed the tire pressures and rear ARB (one click up), along with some minor changes. It's a bit more lively on the out-lap but I thought it turned in a bit better after the tires are up to working temperature.

Attachments

Deb

It didn't exist yet. I have set up the SCHEDULE with availability tab. Everyone, please fill in your available, maybe and unavailable times.
This says Sebring on the availability page, but I filled it in anyway. Also, given the length of the stints, I would prefer just 2 or 3 stints. I can drive in the dark, so happy to take a couple of stints during that time.

I'll give the modified setup a try tonight.

This says Sebring on the availability page, but I filled it in anyway. Also, given the length of the stints, I would prefer just 2 or 3 stints. I can drive in the dark, so happy to take a couple of stints during that time.

I'll give the modified setup a try tonight.
Oops, I copied the spreadsheet from Marc, and I thought I got rid of all the Sebrings.

To be clear, what actually happened is that Deb and Ken made it about a lap and a half on that setup, gave up, and then laughed as I struggled to at least try and get some laps in on it.

But yeah, we went back to the first one you gave us and it was much more stable and drivable for us plebs.

Deb

So @Noodleguitar, about the new set.

To be completely honest, I LOVED IT!!! I think it's some of your finest work and you should be proud.

...but @Deb and @Brainling were not so receptive; something about taking your set and putting it where the sun doesn't shine.

I don't know. If you ask me, all the hostility just isn't necessary.

hic

@Noodleguitar, the three of us all tried the setup last night and we thought that setup was too aggressive for an endurance race. @Brainling stayed with it the longest but ended up significantly slower in the setup because it is difficult to utilize most of the curbs you can generally drive on. I think the original setup is far more stable for an endurance race.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinrusu25
Top Bottom