[Special Event] 2020 iRacing Bathurst 12 Hour

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
12H-Bathurst.png
Preparation for the second event of the iRacing Special Events calendar is upon us!

This is a team event. Two Drivers Minimum!

Track:
Mount Panorama Circuit

Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia
4.0 Miles (6.213 km) - 23 Turns

Date: February 7th-9th 2020

Race Times:
Saturday 01:00 GMT / Friday 20:00 EST
Saturday 13:00 GMT / 08:00 EST

In-Sim Settings:
Sim Date: February 2, 2020
Sim Start Time: 5:05 AM
Warmup: 30 Minutes
Qualifying: Included - 8 minutes (2 laps)
Race Start Time (Green Flag): 5:45 AM
Race Length: 12 Hours
Sim Sunrise: ~6:31 AM
Weather: Dynamic
Incident Limit: 50x -> Penalty, 20x -> Penalty ∞

Paints:

GT3
Audi R8 LMS

GT3 Audi R8 LMS.png

BMW Z4 GT3
GT3 BMW Z4.png

Band of Others Endurance #000 - Team ID: 93325
Nejtun Cameron @Nejtun - 2577​
Hans Mohr @ShadniX - 2175​

Ferrari 458 GT3
GT3 Ferrari 488.png

Debra Bennett​
Jes Colman​
Matthew A Holmes​
Ken Lindberg​
Ried Westphal2​

McLaren MP4-12C
GT3 McLaren MP4-12C.png

Mercedes AMG GT3
GT3 Mercedes AMG.png

GT3 Cup
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (991)

Porsche GT3C.png

Band of Others Endurance #101 - Team ID: 91636
Marc Gammack @Skid_Marc_
Nöel Lüneburg @Noodleguitar

**Please read!**

Drive Time and Team Registration

SCHEDULE

The above schedule has an "Availability" tab!
    • Please put an "X" in the hours which you are available to drive during the race!
    • Please add the number of consecutive stints you are willing to drive (1, 2, or 3) in the bottom row of the chart!

Please note that just adding your name in this thread does NOT guarantee a seat in the actual race. You MUST show up to group practice sessions before the event! Band of Others' #PracticePals will still primarily focus on League practice, especially on Monday, so please plan on slightly earlier/later practices, or even separate practices for Special Events! The final teams will only be made up of drivers that practice and actively participate in this thread! In 2017, we were usually pretty late getting everything sorted. The sooner we can confirm everyone who is racing, the sooner we can finish the schedule and finalize paints!

Last edited:

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
This will be a last minute call for me, because I literally just turned in my vacation slip for this year and they haven't gone through the whole area, so I probably won't know until the week before, but if I can race, I'd prefer the Porsche or the Audi.

Last edited:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I love the AMG and will try it here but mostly to see how visually its impeded after contacting a wall. I think it will be at a tremendous disadvantage with any measure of front end damage.

I'll likely try the Audi and Ferrari as well just to see which feels the best and commit later.

I'm down for the Ferrari, BMW, Audi, and maybe even the Porsche. I'll have to wait and see what the driver sign-ups look like but I'm hoping for a 2-3 driver team.

Looking to drive 4-8 stints depending on team size. I'll fill this in on the schedule/availability form once its up. I just wanted to give some early information for other drivers. :)

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Tried getting the Audi around the track last night and it was horrible. On full fuel the car was slow and dangerous in my hands and I couldn't put together more than 3 laps without either a spin or severe damage.

The best I could do time wise was either low 2:04 or high 2:03 (can't remember). In the session Justin setup there were a lot of low 2:03's and even a 2:01.

Assuming this is just the Audi I'd likely lean toward the Ferrari as you just don't have to think about the car around here.

Hopefully @Skid_Marc_ can help me with a better setup.

I think the Audi has some potential and with some tweaks to the setup it might be pretty good. I could put together some fairly consistent laps with the VRS setup. All of my crashes were really a result of knocking the rust off and trying to push to hard to early. With some more seat time and approaching getting up to race pace more cautiously, I could easily put some ffs together.

Last night was my first time driving the car. I'd like to get a setup from someone who has spent more time with the Audi so I can give it a fair shake.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
iRacing's Greg West said that the BoP for this event will be announced next week. People are going to lose their mind, but I would like to imaging iRacing is payong attention to every hosted GT3 @ Bathurst session to create their final BoP? Pretty safe to assume the Merc is gonna get a bit heavier, but no idea what they other cars will recieve or which car they will BoP to. Audi? Ferrari? Macca?

iRacing's Greg West said that the BoP for this event will be announced next week. People are going to lose their mind, but I would like to imagine iRacing is paying attention to every hosted GT3 @ Bathurst session to create their final BoP? Pretty safe to assume the Merc is gonna get a bit heavier, but no idea what they other cars will recieve or which car they will BoP to. Audi? Ferrari? Macca?
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic? I can be a bit naive about things sometimes. It would be great if they did use as much available information as possible to get the optimum BoP though. Whatever happens I'm just excited to drive this event in whichever car I feel most comfortable in. Is it February 8th yet?

@Noodleguitar I just might have to sign-up with you in the Porsche. We can get some redemption finally after all these years. I think it was in the Ruf C-Spec for a hosted Bathurst 12 hour wasn't it? I took us out when I spun in the dipper, panicked trying to get turned around, got broadsided and flipped over.

I've got some further testing to do in the Audi with other setups. Going to try out the Ferrari also. Then do some laps in the Porsche to see how it feels. Do you have any Porsche setups I could try?

Drove some laps on the v3.2 Audi set. Aside from the immediate death brake bias which I walked back to 55%, it felt good. I was pretty much immediately turning competitive race pace laps.

At first blush it doesn't seem as planted as the Ferrari, but I'm willing to accept that could just be a familiarity issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayteena
Top Bottom