[Special Event] 2020 iRacing Sebring 12H

12-Hours-of-Sebring-768x432.png

Preparation for the third event of the iRacing Special Events calendar is upon us!

This is a team event. Two Drivers Minimum!

Track:
Sebring International Raceway

Sebring, Florida, USA
3.74 mi (6.02 km) - 17 turns

Date: March 13th-15th 2020

Race Times:
Saturday 01:00 GMT / Friday 20:00 EST
Saturday 13:00 GMT / 08:00 EST

In-Sim Settings:
Coming Soon

Paints:

Prototype
Corvette C7 DP
Matt Holmes (primary)​

GTE
Porsche RSR GTE

Matt Holmes (secondary)​

Ferrari 488 GTE
Matt Holmes (secondary)​

Ford GT GTE
Matt Holmes (secondary)​
Marc Gammack (secondary)​

BMW M8 GTE
Matt Holmes (secondary)​

GT3
Audi R8 GT3 LMS

Marc Gammack (primary)​

Mercedes AMG GT3

**Please read!**

Drive Time and Team Registration

SCHEDULE

The above schedule has an "Availability" tab!
    • Please put an "X" in the hours which you are available to drive during the race!
    • Please add the number of consecutive stints you are willing to drive (1, 2, or 3) in the bottom row of the chart!

Please note that just adding your name in this thread does NOT guarantee a seat in the actual race. You MUST show up to group practice sessions before the event! Band of Others' #PracticePals will still primarily focus on League practice, especially on Monday, so please plan on slightly earlier/later practices, or even separate practices for Special Events! The final teams will only be made up of drivers that practice and actively participate in this thread! In 2017, we were usually pretty late getting everything sorted. The sooner we can confirm everyone who is racing, the sooner we can finish the schedule and finalize paints!

Last edited:

Deb

I don't think I can make this one as I don't get back from Cayman until pretty late Friday night. But I'll for sure hop on TS when I can and support the teams during the race anyway that I can.

I won't be around tonight, but I'm going to practice some this afternoon (in the next 20 or 30 minutes from this post).

Looks like so far there are only three of us, and from talking to Ken the Audi seems to be the leaning right now? Just want to know what I should start practicing. I'll assume Audi for now and go from there. Do we have an Audi setup we're starting from?

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I won't be around tonight, but I'm going to practice some this afternoon (in the next 20 or 30 minutes from this post).

Looks like so far there are only three of us, and from talking to Ken the Audi seems to be the leaning right now? Just want to know what I should start practicing. I'll assume Audi for now and go from there. Do we have an Audi setup we're starting from?
I'll likely download an Audi set tonight and give it a go.

I've been practicing on the VCR 12H set and I think it feels like a good starting point. Check it out and see how it feels to you. It seems pretty planted and rides the bumps well. It never felt terribly out of control. Now if I could get longer than a 10 lap stint without a GTE wiping me out that'd be great.

Attachments

Sorry guys, I will also be skipping the Sebring event. The race just got too close too quickly for me, so I haven't freed up enough time to practice and contribute. I will try to jump in somewhere during the race to hurl some insults at the team :)

@Kenadian @Skid_Marc_ Have you guys honed in on a set yet? I've been practicing the VCR set on my own since I've had prior engagements the last two practice pals. Obviously I'd like to start doing FFS's on whatever set you two have decided on over the next couple days.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
@Kenadian @Skid_Marc_ Have you guys honed in on a set yet? I've been practicing the VCR set on my own since I've had prior engagements the last two practice pals. Obviously I'd like to start doing FFS's on whatever set you two have decided on over the next couple days.
Sorry @Brainling, I keep meaning to post and get side tracked.

We're using your VCR setup as it's far more stable and reliable than the set I was testing.

Sweet, that works for me. It's what I've been practicing and I feel really comfortable in it.

I'll be around tonight and tomorrow for practice if anyone else is around.

Probably too late to get something set up teamwise. I had plans for this weekend but I cancelled them due to Covid-19. I honestly don't have anything to do other than practice as I have no obligations other than sitting in my house for the foreseeable future. I will drive anything and will put the needed prep time in. I understand if it won't really work out.

@Fromthenavy You want to tag team this buttermilk biscuit? I'll drive whatever.

Well done everyone for getting through this Sebring race! It really knocked the wind out of me :D
Thanks for getting this one going Matt!
Once again, thanks to Hans for sharing the car with me, I dunno how you do it ;)
See you all at Nurb in a months time, I think I will be going for some Front Wheel Drive action this time around!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TomWhite
Top Bottom