[Special Event] 2021 iRacing Nürburgring 24 Hour

ShadniX

Core
I'm lazy and gonna reuse Marc's template here:

2021-04-11 18_54_39-Special Events 2021 - iRacing.com _ iRacing.com Motorsport Simulations.png

Preparation for the second event of the iRacing Special Events calendar is upon us!

This is a team event. Two Drivers Minimum!

Track:
Nürburgring Combined - Gesamtstrecke 24h

15.77 miles (25.38km) - 170 Turns

Date: Date: April 23-25, 2021

Race Times:
Timeslot #1 - Friday 22:00 GMT
Timeslot #2 - Saturday 7:00 GMT
Timeslot #3 - Saturday 12:00 GMT
Timeslot #4 - Saturday 16:00 GMT

In-Sim Settings:
Sim Date: April 24, 2021
Session Start Time: 2:45 PM
Warmup: 20 Minutes
Qualifying: Attached & Solo, 25 Minutes for 2 Laps
Race: 24 Hours
Weather: Dynamic
Splits By: iRating
Team Event: Yes (minimum 2 drivers and maximum 16)
Stop and Go Limit: 100 incs and every 20 after
DQ Limit: None
Field Size: 55

Paints:

GT3

Audi R8 LMS
2021-04-11 18_56_35-Cars.png

BMW M4 Prototype GT3
2021-04-11 18_50_16-panel_list.jpg (930×230).png

Band of Others Endurance #95 - Team ID: 49169
  • Debra Bennett
  • Hans Mohr
  • Ken Lindberg
  • Marc Gammack
  • Matthew A Holmes
  • Noel Luneburg
  • Scott Tomsits (?)

Mercedes AMG GT3
2021-04-11 18_55_43-Cars.png

Porsche Cup
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (991)

2021-04-11 18_59_32-Cars.png

GT4
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport MR
2021-04-11 18_57_05-Cars.png

BMW M4 GT4
2021-04-11 18_50_44-panel_list.jpg (930×230).png

TCR
Audi RS 3 LMS
2021-04-11 18_55_16-Cars.png

**Please read!**

Drive Time and Team Registration

SCHEDULE

The above schedule has an "Availability" tab!
  • Please color code the hours in which you are available to drive during the race!
  • Please add the number of consecutive stints you are willing to drive (1, 2, or 3) in the bottom row of the chart!
  • If I forgot to add your name, please just add a column and add yourself to the list.

Please note that just adding your name in this thread does NOT guarantee a seat in the actual race. You MUST show up to group practice sessions before the event! The final teams will only be made up of drivers that practice and actively participate in this thread! The sooner we can confirm everyone who is racing, the sooner we can finish the schedule and finalize paints!

Last edited:

ShadniX

Core
This race has four start times again. I'm guessing nobody will be interested in starting on Friday, so I've omitted that option from the availability tab.

Also, can someone please double check the EST/PST times in schedule? I'm not really sure if those are correct.

I'm interested in giving the BMW GT3 a try this year, if we can get enough people for a GT3 team together. I have no interest in driving the Porsche Cup car.

Nejtun

If I am recovered in time to drive then I am in for the BMW GT3, I will be limited drive time (depending on fitness, this can increase)

Brainling

Hardcore
I'm in for any of the GT3's. Merc or BMW would be fine with me. If I had a preference I'd lean slightly to the BMW because it's newer.

e: Great video. Unfortunately the people who watch it will mostly be the choir. The people who need the advice probably won't watch it. Maybe a few will which is better than nothing.

Last edited:
Just got got the McLaren V2 wheel and the FGT Lite "cockpit" (no more table-top-and-wobbly-office-chair driving :)). I think I'll miss this one to give myself time to adjust to the new setup.

Deb

I tested the BMW this afternoon and I am totally find with driving it. In fact, I think it may be easier to get around than the Merc, so whichever for me.

Jes_971

Hardcore
Thanks @ShadniX !

I'm going to test the BMW GT3 and Porsche Cup car this weekend. I will then make a decision on which to drive.

BMW (60% Probability)
Porsche Cup (40% Probability)

Deb

I sent a bunch of file data/info to iRacing this morning have not heard back. I am concerned I am running out of practice time. I hope I can get this fixed in time.

Noodleguitar

Does anyone have a decent starting setup for the BMW or the Porsche Cup? The tech check doesn't really like my setups from 2019 :p

Brainling

Hardcore
Correct the negative toe and they might work. I can post the setup for the BMW we've been practicing when I get to that PC in a little bit.

Noodleguitar

I've tested the BMW today, pretty nice to drive I think. I still prefer the Porsche, but would not mind driving the BMW either, given that we probably don't have enough for a Porsche team.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics