Steam link big discount and mini review.

The claim:

"Play your Steam games on any TV in the house with Steam Link. Setup is easy. Just connect your Steam Link to your TV and home network, where it will automatically discover any computer running Steam. Then grab a controller and play your collection of games from the comfort of your couch."

The reality:

It works. And it works surprisingly well!

I have it connected via wifi, not through ethernet as it suggests for the best connection and it works flawlessly.

The real reason I got the steam link however was for streaming my 4TB+ movie collection from the PC to the lounge TV, and it works fantastic for this purpose, streaming all my movies flawlessly. The only downside is that it is currently only capable of streaming @ 1080p, but as a. most of my movie collection is in native 1080p and b. the TV does a good job of upscaling to 4K, I'm not bothered by this limitation in the slightest.

All in all for the price they are charging, it's a steal and no more long length HDMI cables creating trip hazards or setting up. It can all be controlled from the couch too with an xbox one controller (caution - it must be an xbox one s controller or later otherwise you will need a usb dongle) or I just have a budget mouse and keyboard plugged in to the steam link as well if needed, they just sit hidden under the home entertainment stand.

Definitely worth it at this price, and I just wanted to give my fellow B20'ers a heads up on the discount, and feedback on if it was any good.

Hope this helps if any of you were on the fence.

They added support for the xbox one s controllers?

I've had one for a while and after hours of trying to get it to recognize 2 regular xbox one controllers I just gave up.

Xbox one S controllers have bluetooth compatibility with windows and steam link as standard. For Xbox one controllers you'll need the dongle from microsoft. I use one for my PC and it works fine. I use my Xbox One S controller with the steam link and it works fine :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sisohiv
Top Bottom