The PC That Ogami Built :D

Deb

As many of you know, my primary boot drive SSD slot on my home PC some how went bad and talking with many of you, instead of rebuilding the old computer, I decided it was time for a new one, particularly with the 3000 series Nvidia cards coming out in August. Not being able to find a ready made PC with the specs, I wanted, Ogami volunteered to build a new one for me. It was more complicated then we thought, given that so many parts were difficult to find, due to the pandemic. So, we went with the following:

Gigabyte Aorus Master AM4 AMD X570 Mobo with 3 SSD slots
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core 24-Thread CPU with Wraith Prism LED Cooler
Seasonic PX-1000 80 Plus Platinum Power Supply
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory
Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Gunmetal Brushed Aluminum / Steel ATX Silent Modular Tempered Glass Window Mid Tower Computer Case

We kept my Nvidia 980 Ti until the new cards come out. And here is the result:

IMG_0503.jpg

So several good things came out of this build:

1. I was able to pass on a lot of the old parts to @little P, so his son could build himself his own PC. So the only part I have left from the old PC is the case itself and the liquid cooler, which didn't work in the new build.
2. My old SSD was fine and when @Ogami Itto installed it in the new PC, it booted even though we went from an Intel processor to AMD!!!!!!:D:D:D So Windows 10 and all of my games and everything were still there and all I had to do was update everything. That is just incredible and saved so much time and pain re-installing everything.
3. The PC weighs about 45lbs. but UPS shipping was only around $100, including insurance, so I saved a ton of $$$$ over what it would have cost me to buy this computer already built.

Now the bad:

The PC has a tempered glass panel on one side. It made it all the way across the country without that glass breaking. I had it for about an hour and I broke the glass when my sim commander box for my Accuforce wheel fell on it o_Oo_Oo_O Needless to say, that box has been moved to a new location. The good news is, Newegg had the panel in stock, so I ordered two of them, just in case :rolleyes: And now it is installed and all is good :)

A BIG THANK YOU TO OGAMI FOR DOING THIS FOR ME, SO AWESOME, YOU'RE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're so welcome, it was fun playing with all the good parts your budget allowed rather than the value stuff I get for myself so that was a good time and experience. Loved my experience with the Fractal case and Gigabyte motherboard, both were a first for me but items I'd happily include in my own build if I could. Hope you enjoy and don't break the glass when you get the new vid card! ;)

That looks awesome Deb! Well done Ogami! Thanks again for the parts Deb, you're an absolutely awesome human being <3 Glad you are happy with your build, the glass looks really good lol ;)

Deb

Heeheehee, yeah that is some great looking tempered glass, no cracks:D Great build so far, fast and lots of storage:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrreviewexpert
Top Bottom