• June 23, 2018

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • June 30, 2018

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Given the success of our previous Band of Others Community Gameday and decision to try this as a quarterly event there's no time like the present to start discussing it.

I realize March in more than 3 months away but it makes more sense to tie quarterly into the new Calendar Year rather than carry it on from 2017.

Please vote on which 2 days work best for you.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
lol I think it's safe to say we missed this one so I think for now we'll look at making this bi-yearly instead.

This means we'll move the Gameday to June so I've edited the Poll to reflect said change.

Game will most likely be Team Fortress 2 as it's free, fun and everyone can run it.

Jerad

TS3 SA
I think I am free all of June. I think AJ is even away most weekends that month so I am sofuckingdown. I'm going to hold my vote until I figure out when she is away and vote those weekends. :p

little P

Super Mod
Okay, I may wait for that then since Team Fortress make me want to throw-up :eek:
Don't be such a gir.... wait.

C'mon Deb if you can drive a hardcore racecar around a track I'm sure you can manage some TF2 ;)

Just stand at the back and fire rockets at Duke, he loves it :D

Last edited:

Deb

Oh, I like the game, it's fun. But the only gaming computer is my simulator and for some reason that game and the turning around and stuff makes me have motion sickness or something. I guess I could put a motion sickness patch on and see if that helps :)

little P

Super Mod
Oh, I like the game, it's fun. But the only gaming computer is my simulator and for some reason that game and the turning around and stuff makes me have motion sickness or something. I guess I could put a motion sickness patch on and see if that helps :)
That is weird. You're not running it triple screen are you?

Deb

I have triples, but if I recall, it doesn't spread to all 3 screens. I think I must need to slow down my mouse or something so it doesn't spin around so fast.

little P

Super Mod
Hmm, yeah mouse sensitivity could be an issue. Maybe try a controller too for smoother movements would be my only other suggestion. Hope you get it sorted though, the more the merrier!

Reactions: Deb

ShadniX

Core
Changing the field of view might also help. I know two guys who have slight motion sickness problems if the FOV in FPS games is too low.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
We can get on sometime after #PracticePals for a few minutes and I can help you through this @Deb.

To get you started though:
  • FOV set to 16:9
  • Motion Blur disabled
  • Mouse Sensitivity 2.18 - Horizontal and Vertical also set to one tick above lowest point.
  • Mouse Acceleration Off

16th of june is the 24h of le mans. So i don't think that would be the best choice.

I really dislike tf2 but i'd play anything. I'm not picky

Deb

We can get on sometime after #PracticePals for a few minutes and I can help you through this @Deb.

To get you started though:
  • FOV set to 16:9
  • Motion Blur disabled
  • Mouse Sensitivity 2.18 - Horizontal and Vertical also set to one tick above lowest point.
  • Mouse Acceleration Off
Okay, maybe next week after one of the practice pals practice you can help me :)

Jerad

TS3 SA
Hey, just doing a temperature check to see if this is still a go. It looks like June 30th was most popular which is awesome for me because I'll be home alone that weekend and these are always a blast.

little P

Super Mod
@Wapwap is fun going to be enabled this time round? Some peeps in discord are busy preparing their paints and I wouldn't want them to be disappointed. I should at least warn them if fun is disabled.

p.s. what time is good for you across the ponders? I can do any time in the evening but thought we should put a rough time on it

Twitch

iRacing Special Events 2023

Watkins Glen 6hr: GTP, LMP2, GT3 (IMSA)
  ~ June 16 - 18
24 Hours of Spa: GT3
  ~ July 21 - 23
Peachtree Three (Charity Event): C8R GTE, GT4 Class, GR86
  ~ TBD
Bathurst 1000: Supercars
  ~ September 15 - 17

Forum statistics

Threads