VRS Enduro @ Red Bull Ring this weekend (7/31)?

I'd like to run it this weekend in the Porsche. I know Ken said he wasn't done with the paint yet, but maybe we can prod him ;) If not I'm down to drive the BMW. It's a three hour race so pretty easy to knock out.

The noon PST Saturday time slot was pretty much perfect for me but I could also do the earlier one.

The Red Bull Ring is super fun. If you don't own it yet I highly recommend it. One of my favorite tracks that iRacing has released in a while.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I'll pick up the track tonight as VRS and Fanatec Sprint are running Red Bull Ring this week.

I've actually made a lot of progress on the Porsche this weekend and may have it mostly buttoned up this week, hopefully.

Incidentally, none of the cars I've moved to the new livery are complete at this time. I've taken them to a logical work in progress stage however need to skin more cars to see what I can keep and what needs to be lost moving forward.

Also, none of the 3 cars are properly skinned for IMSA, all are skinned for Fanatec/VRS at this time.

IMSA GT3 skinning is another set of challenges I'm trying to wrap my head around.

I hope to tackle this with @Skid_Marc_ one of these days.

Skid_Marc_

Staff member
Admin
I'll pick up the track tonight as VRS and Fanatec Sprint are running Red Bull Ring this week.

I've actually made a lot of progress on the Porsche this weekend and may have it mostly buttoned up this week, hopefully.

Incidentally, none of the cars I've moved to the new livery are complete at this time. I've taken them to a logical work in progress stage however need to skin more cars to see what I can keep and what needs to be lost moving forward.

Also, none of the 3 cars are properly skinned for IMSA, all are skinned for Fanatec/VRS at this time.

IMSA GT3 skinning is another set of challenges I'm trying to wrap my head around.

I hope to tackle this with @Skid_Marc_ one of these days.
This is Fanatec/VRS Endurance/Amazon/Pirelli, not IMSA, so you're good there... not sure if there was actually confusion there, or not, but thought I'd clear that up.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
This is Fanatec/VRS Endurance/Amazon/Pirelli, not IMSA, so you're good there... not sure if there was actually confusion there, or not, but thought I'd clear that up.
Nope, no confusion there.

Just stating the issue we noticed when I was running the Lambo in IMSA, that livery was for Fanatec/VRS, etc.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
I'm almost certainly missing this race as I cannot get around this track without slowdowns or multitude of offtracks.

Like Spa I'm going to eat all the incident points and I don't want to go there again.

I'm also not safe, those 2 downhill rights get me nearly every time.

So far my best laptime was mid .29 in a Fanatec Fixed Practice Session.

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
It is so unbelievably difficult to pass here lol.

Did a Fanatec Sprint Series Race this morning with my quickest time being 1:29.853 with an average laptime of 1:30.714.

I think there was more in it but it seems as if you're stuck on someone's bumper all the time. You don't even really have to defend either, just hit your marks and it's nearly impossible to pass.

The only spot I could pass was the run up the hill under the Start/Finish Line and through turn 1.

Close racing here though, pretty fun.

I'm all aboot next week's VRS sprint race. I've been turning a few laps here and there trying to get back into the swing of things but I will def be around a few nights next week. Hope to catch you guys on.

There are a couple of passing zones, but yeah, it's a pretty small track with mostly a single racing line. You have to barge through on an out braking maneuver to do much passing, especially in GT3 cars that don't get a ton of draft.

Since you've done a sprint race now, does that mean you want to do the enduro tomorrow @Kenadian? :cool:

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
Since you've done a sprint race now, does that mean you want to do the enduro tomorrow @Kenadian? :cool:
I don't know, I'm on the fence at this point?

I raced it just to get my race over with this week lol. I'll likely race again tonight with @Skid_Marc_ and @Kinger and see where it takes me.

Ultimately though I'm in a weird place right now in iRacing that I've considered posting in the forums for feedback.

I'm just really uncomfortable, dangerous, horribly inconsistent and becoming aggressive.

Currently it equates to a formula that does not do well in races and I don't want you all to suffer because of it.

If I do decide to run I'm considering running alone; I know I'll get DQ'd but I don't really care.

For what it's worth, I watched your race from this morning and didn't see anything aggressive, dangerous or inconsistent!

I hope I can get to that level of "inconsistency" lol

Kenadian

Staff member
Site Admin
For what it's worth, I watched your race from this morning and didn't see anything aggressive, dangerous or inconsistent!

I hope I can get to that level of "inconsistency" lol
lol you should have seen me start off at Spa last weekend, it was a complete train wreck.

I've still not recovered fully.

Twitch

Latest posts

iRacing Endurance 2021

Bathurst 1000 September 17-19, 2021
Petit Le Mans October 1-3, 2021
Suzuka 10HR November 5-7, 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maisy Berry